Football Manager 2011 Twitter Manual Setting

Hello,

Maybe I am completely missing something in the UI, or maybe I am not good enough to post something yet but I registered my Twitter account in FM2011, but set it to manual. I have now played into my second season and as far as I am aware, I have never had one prompt to push my progress to Twitter at any stage. You'd expect I would have - I got promoted through the playoffs and now I am in the Premiership.

Any help appreciated.

So, the weird thing is that I have never seen that button before and when I look at my game now I can't see it. It doesn't show up, greyed out or otherwise.

I am playing the game on Mac. I'll keep my eye out for it, but that button doesn't exist on my UI. Weird.

I'm with you MT. I have never seen the button either and I'm on a Mac playing via Steam. I have had it set to automatic and manual and have never seen anything show up or be prompted to tweet. I was once told that it only shows up when something big happens like if you win the league, but I'm playing as Torquay and when I beat Watford in the FA cup, that IS something big to a small team like Torquay. What's the point in having it if it only tweets something that for the most part of my game I won't be near?

Hey Will, what I'm saying is my button doesn't even exist, let alone be greyed out. I'm going to keep my eye out for this but if this is how it's meant to work, then this feature really isn't that accessible or prominent.

Just an update, I've just seen my first ever tweet. Unfortunately it was because my team just got knocked out in the second round of the FA Cup. Whether that was the reason or it was because Torquay got beat 2-1 by Exeter.

Did the button appear for you to click?

Alright, now I am keeping my eye out for it all the time I now see the button prompt after being knocked out of the FA Cup. So, I think it's safe to assume that this was always here but I never saw it. The main reason being is that it is something I see as the button only appears when there is something to do.

I also think it isn't shown off enough. Shame the feature is so buried.

KLxCC.png

Did the button appear for you to click?

No mainly because I have it set to automatic. I'm the same as MT_UK, I have not seen a button anywhere let alone greyed out. I gave up looking for something each and every time I had a new news item. Very poor twitter integration imo. We should be given the right to tweet whatever we want and pi** off our followers with all our FM news as much as we like. LOL. Not just when the game thinks something is worthy of a tweet such as FA cup, etc.

• 6 months later...

Archived