Something to be considered for FM12

OK I know FM11 has only just come out but there is something that is becoming a little more common in football now and I thought might have been included in FM11 but I don't think it has so can it be considered for FM12 and that is pay as you play contracts eg, Like Michael Owen has at Man Utd.

This is so managers who want a older player or inj. prone player there is less financial risk on the club / manager.

What do you guys think?

i've had varied success. probably managed to get the basic wage cut in half without remembering exact figures.

in real life, does anyone know exactly how these deals work? is the player on £0 basic wage with all of their money based on appearances and goals, or is it just a lower than average basic with high bonuses?

In FM11, I've had quite alot of success with low wage, high bonus contracts in lower rep league (not managed big clubs yet so don't know there)

Infact, some players have even taken contract with wages the same (or very tiny increases) but putting all their desired increase into the appearance bonus instead

Of course, I imagine, the more reputation the player has, the less likely it will be to succeed

Edit: Oh, and I would imagine you'd need to up any signing on bonuses a little bit as well

I signed quite a few "past it" players to bulk up my squad on FM10, I offered them the minimum wage I could, gave them a decent appearance fee (more than they'd earn in a week usually) and a good goal fee, they'd sign most of the time.

With FM11's agents however.. it could be trickier.

Great Idea in theory.

I know how it would turn out in the game though. The player would just refuse to accept it. Even bog standard contracts don't work properly at the moment. You have to throw in all sorts of unreasonable fees and bonues just to get rubbish players. I cant see them every accepting a pay as you play deal.

Contracts are another area where I think SI should jsut be a lot more transparent. In real life the manager does not sit there offering terms and just praying the agent accepts a low offer. They'll be rationale for both sides requests. If you are a low rep club and a big rep club, the player could say, Barce have offered me £25k, give me £30k and I'll come to you instead. Then it is fair, and you know where you stand. Or it could be the case that the player has no other options in which case he'd accept a minimal wage rise.

Just a bit more realistic and understanable would be good.

I think they should consider more clauses it could be possibly ito use in the contract negotiations.

This one I already mentioned in another thread, but here it is again:

"Danish player Mikkel Thygesen, FC Midtjylland, has a clause which will get him 3 mio dkr which corresponds to 350.000 GBP, if he completes his contract.

I like it because you the player would probably agree to a longer contract, even if he has ambitions to play at a bigger club, because he will get a big bonus in the end if the club dont sell him.

Its an interesting dilemma where you as a manager need to sell him before his contract expire, if you dont you have to pay him and he could go for free to another club."

Archived