Does Anyone Else Feel

That when you resign from a club, you seem forced to take a step backwards when choosing your next job?

In my carrerr game, I've manged Redditch in the BSN, Newpost County in the BSS then the BSP, Shamrock Rovers in the IPL, Brechin City in Scottish Division 2 then Divison 1, and AS Saint-Etienne in the French League 2 Orange.

Despite this slightly impressive history, the only jobs I'm being offered are in the BSN/S or the Scottish Division 3.

Anyone else feel this way?

That when you resign from a club, you seem forced to take a step backwards when choosing your next job?

In my carrerr game, I've manged Redditch in the BSN, Newpost County in the BSS then the BSP, Shamrock Rovers in the IPL, Brechin City in Scottish Division 2 then Divison 1, and AS Saint-Etienne in the French League 2 Orange.

Despite this slightly impressive history, the only jobs I'm being offered are in the BSN/S or the Scottish Division 3.

Anyone else feel this way?

• 3 years later...

I didn't suffer that. I started with Racing Club, then went to Real Sociedad in Liga Adelante, I didn't get the success I expected and quit, and I managed to get the job of Aston Villa and still there. The first change was some kind of step backwards because I left a big team from Argentina and went to a mid-tier team that was playing the second division and after quitting, I managed to get the job at a mid to high tier from England

I think if you want to join another club immediately, then yes (though this too would depend on the timing of your resignation) One think i noticed about this version compared to 09 and 10 is that your reputation does not shoot up on winning just one trophy and you have to hold on to your job for some time. Started as Sheffield Wednesday, took over Wigan Athletic 2 seasons later, was offered Fenerbahce job 3 seasons later...resigned and took over at Ajax 2 seasons later, resigned and took over Man Utd job 4 seasons later. Of course, between resigning at Sheffield Wednesday and at Fenerbahce, i had to wait at least one full season on a holiday before i was offered jobs at Wigan and Ajax. So i believe you will have to wait for some time before the right job comes (this of course is for managers with lower reputations at the start of the season..once you start winning trophies and go World Class, you can get any job you want)

Once again it comes down to poor AI planning/decision making...

The only jobs you can land are at clubs that have just sacked the manager, thus meaning it's:

* mid-season

* a struggling club

* a relegated club at the end of the season

So odds are it's a step backwards if you have to join a newly-relegated club or a club in shambles, on a losing streak and with unhappy mediocre players...

Actually I wonder what's the point in leaving your club, where I guess you're quite successful, to go through a longish period of rebuilding at a fallen giant?

FM12 should improve the manager turnover in a dramatic way... Managers should leave club at the end of the season even when the results have been good or acceptable... Sometimes just because they want a new challenge, sometimes because the board think it's time for a change...

It's way too easy having SAF-like careers, while it's almost impossible having a Mourinho-esque one, unless you're willing to jump ship in november every time there's an opening...

Archived