Why Don't Takeovers Occur On My Game?

You'll probably find they do take place. Because your inbox in FM08 only tells you the stuff that's relevant to you and your team, takeovers of other clubs will go unnoticed. You might spot one in the League News, or if you go through a club's history you will notice that a couple have had takeovers.

I take the point about the inbox changes, but I've still been disappointed with this side of FM08. I remember in 07 having lots of board activity, such as takeovers and chairmen demanding signings. At the time, I'll freely admit this was somewhat annoying. However, after extensively playing FM08 (where I've seen little of the former and zero of the latter), I must admit I miss it.

E.g. I can start a game with Chelsea, sell most of the best players, and buy no-one. Not a peep from Abramovich. How realistic is that?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

E.g. I can start a game with Chelsea, sell most of the best players, and buy no-one. Not a peep from Abramovich. How realistic is that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I know go Hearts and Romanov lets you pick the team

I'm in 2013 and there have been a couple. I only noticed one of them - Leeds - because I support that team and was wondering what greedy boy Bates was up to. I think they happen, but are not as high profile. One problem on 801 was that the board takeover would take 6 months sometimes (yes, reflecting real life but annoying to receive constant news items about it) so it's probably gone the other way on 802.

Not sure if we can get around that by editing what news items we receive.

Archived