How to not manage mid-season friendlies but pick squad?

Ok, bear with me on this because it's probably a silly question but I just don't know what to search for if it's been said before.

I know how to set the game to have my assitant manage friendly games, but is there any way to have him do so but let me pick the team?

I have no reserve squad and I want to arrange some friendlies to keep the back up match fit, but I don't want him playing my first teamers...and especially not for a whole match. I could play the matches but I play so slowly as it is that I would like to finish a season before the end of all time.

I probably have the answer somewhere in me noggin, but I just can't think what to select in the game.

Thanks in advance.

Ok, bear with me on this because it's probably a silly question but I just don't know what to search for if it's been said before.

I know how to set the game to have my assitant manage friendly games, but is there any way to have him do so but let me pick the team?

I have no reserve squad and I want to arrange some friendlies to keep the back up match fit, but I don't want him playing my first teamers...and especially not for a whole match. I could play the matches but I play so slowly as it is that I would like to finish a season before the end of all time.

I probably have the answer somewhere in me noggin, but I just can't think what to select in the game.

Thanks in advance.

In the Team Settings option, untick the option that says something like "Assistant takes control of friendlies". That way, you get to choose the squad for the friendlies.

Untick the option "Assistant manager takes control of friendly matches", pick the squad, then holiday through match day with "Use current match tactics" & "Use current team selection when possible" ticked.

That way your ass man will be forced to manage the team with your current tactics & squad.

Untick the option "Assistant manager takes control of friendly matches", pick the squad, then holiday through match day with "Use current match tactics" & "Use current team selection when possible" ticked.

That way your ass man will be forced to manage the team with your current tactics & squad.

Ahh yeah, that'll do it. Thanks.

It really would be nice if there was a proper way to do this rather than have to holiday though. Time to add that thought to the suggestions thread I think.

Is holidaying through a day defininitely not going to affect my status with the club, does anyone know? That's my only concern.

Archived