So are we finally happy with 11.1.1. now?

So are we now finally happy with 11.1.1.?  

531 members have voted

1. 1. So are we now finally happy with 11.1.1.?

• Absolutely! Some minor issues, but nothingĀ“s gonna stop my career now!
    • There are a few problems, but its ok and i have to live with that and will play
    • This game is a waste of time and unplayable! I will wait until 11.2. for sure!

Personally im happy with the new patch because all the major problems as the spanish bug should be gone. I find the ME terrific, like the new improvements and really enjoy my career at Maldon&Tiptree.:-) But as we all know, the moaning here will go on (transfer system) and so i really would like to know if these moaners even after 11.1.1. are the minority (but the loudest people here) or not. So what do you think, is there any need to wait for 11.2.?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new editions to the game (Dynamic rep, real time negotiations) are too good to pass up, hence why I will be playing this, but for me the transfer thing is a big deal. Still think the match engine is a wee bit dodgy at times too, mainly defending and wing play. As less polished as it was compared to 10.3 (what I played prior) I genuinely feel 11.3 will be the best iteration of FM yet.

There are still a lot of bugs that can be fixed. The match engine still has some odd errors and needs tweaking.

Now some of you guys will come out and say "stop whining and play the game, your tactics are wrong etc.".

But I believe that this is the kind of attitude that's going to ruin FM slowly - there's a reason why there are people complaining.

I am really happy FM 11 has arrived and grateful for all the hardwork SI have put in to this game. But guess what? It has a lot of room for improvement. And I am getting the unfortunate vibe that SI's attitude towards complaints is turning for the worst.

There are still a lot of bugs that can be fixed. The match engine still has some odd errors and needs tweaking.

Now some of you guys will come out and say "stop whining and play the game, your tactics are wrong etc.".

But I believe that this is the kind of attitude that's going to ruin FM slowly - there's a reason why there are people complaining.

I am really happy FM 11 has arrived and grateful for all the hardwork SI have put in to this game. But guess what? It has a lot of room for improvement. And I am getting the unfortunate vibe that SI's attitude towards complaints is turning for the worst.

If it were a case that it was actually going to ruin the game then I'd be the first in line waving my pitchfork and lighted torch. But what kills games is not bugs and errors which don't get fixed within 5 minutes (which is an impossible situation for most coputer programme companies today, and illustration if I may, every time you get on a modern jumbo jet you are trusting your life to an auto-pilot whose code is so complex and long that it is essentially untestable) but game companise who produce products sipmly in order to make money and who do not have a passion for either the game they're making or putting out a good product. A recent illustration of this would be Civ V which suffered from multiple problems stemming from chasing the bucks over everything else. As long as the Collyers are in charge of SI I am confident the company will not go down this path.

I donā€™t buy the game until the third patch, but what I have played of the demo, bravo SI. Though I have realised it is easy to unsettle players and transfer them for their listed price, itā€™s not entirely a major issue which will stop me playing FM11 when I get it.

The transfer system sort out will be save compatible, according to neil brock. So technically one could start a game now, and then just take it Veeeerrrryy slowly, until the patch comes out.

As for the original question, i wouldn't be happy until the transfer system is sorted out, because the other issues were not pressing problems for me( love the match engine), and although i have been enjoying a brilliant game, this has ceased since the crazy transfer issues, but this game has the most potential out of all FM's imo. Once these glitches are sorted, it will be a fantastic, brilliant game. And then hopefully SI can improve the AI and existing features over the next year.

Most of the bugs I've experienced are not gamebreakers, just stuff that will no doubt be fixed up in the next patch.

Only thing that irks me is how ridiculous talking to players is. One player, unhappy with his training work load, spoke to him, he stated he had been working hard and more or less accused me of having a go at him for not training. In football, players have a little bit more respect and when managers and players do fall out its for far more dramatic reasons like subbing a player or dropping a player etc.

SI has done great work with the patches but the game is still unplayable for anyone wanting a serious experience.

ME is still so and so, player dialogue system destroys this aspect of the game by being too linear and having too great an effect, and the transfer system is quite crazy - again.

Training has also remained the same, vague and illogical.

The new additions are good but they have problerms too. Especially agents who demand illogical fees.

Wait for the third patch, though something tells me that we will be only be getting only one more.

Will 11.2 be out in a month then? Just checked when 10.2 was released last year and it was 16th December. The game is a bit of fun for me just now, will get more in to a save when the transfers are fixed. Its not totally unplayabale as it is but having a serious long term save seems pointless.

Will 11.2 be out in a month then? Just checked when 10.2 was released last year and it was 16th December. The game is a bit of fun for me just now, will get more in to a save when the transfers are fixed. Its not totally unplayabale as it is but having a serious long term save seems pointless.

the transfer issues will be save compatible, according to Neil Brock. So one could technically start a save game and just take it slooooowwwwwlllly, untill we have the patch

All I've seen so far is pretty much the same old SI hype and rubbish.... This game is still rubbish due to the same old problems that all FM games have..... The passing is worse than any you would see in a school playground, the defenders still won't defend, there are still about 2000 too many throw-ins during every match, there are still more fouls in one match than you'd probably see in a full season, the AI players can still out run any of your players even if his stats are half that of his opponent, corners, crosses and free kicks are just totally laughable (apart from you just paid good money for a rubbish game so it's not really that funny). It's still seems virtually impossible to keep players fit because they're either out injured all the time or because the training schedules still do very little. The advice you get from your assistant is still totally useless, you can act on what he tells you about the next match 'til you're blue in the face it still won't make a blind bit of difference to how the match plays out......and talking of blind, it makes me wonder which school for the blind SI used to beta test this game..... I, like most people in here watched that bloke doing his 'smug' interview (head of SI, sorry can't remember his name) about how great this game was going to be AGAIN, no wonder he looks so smug, yet again he's made off with all our money and left us with a rubbish game that half the damn features don't work in!

All I've seen so far is pretty much the same old SI hype and rubbish.... This game is still rubbish due to the same old problems that all FM games have..... The passing is worse than any you would see in a school playground, the defenders still won't defend, there are still about 2000 too many throw-ins during every match, there are still more fouls in one match than you'd probably see in a full season, the AI players can still out run any of your players even if his stats are half that of his opponent, corners, crosses and free kicks are just totally laughable (apart from you just paid good money for a rubbish game so it's not really that funny). It's still seems virtually impossible to keep players fit because they're either out injured all the time or because the training schedules still do very little. The advice you get from your assistant is still totally useless, you can act on what he tells you about the next match 'til you're blue in the face it still won't make a blind bit of difference to how the match plays out......and talking of blind, it makes me wonder which school for the blind SI used to beta test this game..... I, like most people in here watched that bloke doing his 'smug' interview (head of SI, sorry can't remember his name) about how great this game was going to be AGAIN, no wonder he looks so smug, yet again he's made off with all our money and left us with a rubbish game that half the damn features don't work in!

in future dont buy the game?

Im usually the cranky one but I dont understand what most of the above posters are talking about. With the UI fixes, this game is pretty damn good. If you are annoyed by the so-called transfer bug is so bad, how about playing with fictional players? Then you wont even notice this..especially in lower leagues. This version is already better than 10.3, IMO.

really?? mate.. grow up

in future dont buy the game?

You really want customers to start doing that?

That's exactly the sort of attitude that is going to lead to the game's downfall, if perpetuated.

I can say for damn sure now that the only reason why I continue to purchase and play FM 11 is because it is better than other football manager games. But that does not mean it isn't done very well, it just means relatively speaking, no other manager game has been able to surpass FM. But if the series progresses at the same rate.... you get my point.

I got a feeling I'm playing a different game than many of you here. Transfer problem? What exactly is it? My game seems to be running fine. Still too many injuries? Really? Personally I feel it's much better than FM09. I played Arsenal for a whole season yet haven't experienced much of an injury crisis. I don't know why people claimed it's unplayable. I am now into my second season. IMO FM11 is the best version of FM so far. And this is the first time I opt for playing 3D with FM (never did it before with the previous FM versions, cos it sucks), but FM11 the 3D run much smoothly, and the players motion look far more realistic than the previous FM. So go on then, keep complaining. If I were you guys, I would rather save my time and just play the damn game.

Sorry dont see any of these problems. The passing is great in the game along with the new player movements and the tackling has improved massively. I have had no problems with injuries at all I have hardly had any in my first season. Maybe its your training schedule as you are working them too hard. You must be playing a different game as the features in my game work fine. As another poster has said dont buy the game and maybe now if you dont like it un subscribe from these forums

Option "This game is a waste of time and unplayable! I will wait until 11.2. for sure!"

Crash, Crash, Crash...

I had a problem until the 1st patch on FM2010 where the game kpet crashing on occasions. This was however fixed in a patch and the reason been the game crashes is that due to the complexitiy of it and many peoples different system set up it is impossible to test on each different one.

During this I still did not find the game unplayable as I found away around it until SI found the fix and got it out in a patch. What I did was save the game each week so that if it crashed I could go back to it and replay it because 9.5 times out of 10 it didnt re crash at that same point. Try that.

/rant mode on

This poll/thread is a fine example of what's wrong with this forum in the 5 weeks post-launch period:

80% of people are playing

20% are saying 'unplayable'

Yet, the majority of the posting is being done by the 20% minority.

"Yes, we are whining and bitching because this game is unplayable because we want to make FM better"

Sorry, but if you guys want the game to get better I suggest to the '20% unplayable faction':

1. Post in the bugs section of this forum

You are not going to solve the problems by posting here; you are just attention whoring, sorry.

If you really want to get SI working on bugs, start posting in the bugs forum.

2. be a beta-tester next year

See how many bugs you will allow into the game yourself...

For the '80% playable faction':

Happy gaming!

Sorry for the rant against the ranters, but I had to get this of my chest.

/rant mode off

I had a problem until the 1st patch on FM2010 where the game kpet crashing on occasions. This was however fixed in a patch and the reason been the game crashes is that due to the complexitiy of it and many peoples different system set up it is impossible to test on each different one.

During this I still did not find the game unplayable as I found away around it until SI found the fix and got it out in a patch. What I did was save the game each week so that if it crashed I could go back to it and replay it because 9.5 times out of 10 it didnt re crash at that same point. Try that.

Yes, I know that but start FM every 5-10 minutes is no sens! (BTW. sry for my bad english)

/rant mode on

This poll/thread is a fine example of what's wrong with this forum in the 5 weeks post-launch period:

80% of people are playing

20% are saying 'unplayable'

Yet, the majority of the posting is being done by the 20% minority.

"Yes, we are whining and bitching because this game is unplayable because we want to make FM better"

Sorry, but if you guys want the game to get better I suggest to the '20% unplayable faction':

1. Post in the bugs section of this forum

You are not going to solve the problems by posting here; you are just attention whoring, sorry.

If you really want to get SI working on bugs, start posting in the bugs forum.

2. be a beta-tester next year

See how many bugs you will allow into the game yourself...

For the '80% playable faction':

Happy gaming!

Sorry for the rant against the ranters, but I had to get this of my chest.

/rant mode off

Excellent post. I have found minor bugs in the game and have posted them in the bugs section so they can sort them out for the next patch.

Just thought i'd add my opinion. I voted, sure there are bugs...but i can live with it.

Sure there are bugs, and it's annoying. But let's be honest...most of them just need to be tweaked. 11.1.1 has gone some way to sorting out some of the problems

For me the thing that needs tweaking the most is the player interaction. It's good that we now have this (as opposed to FM2010). It's just a little rough round the edges.

Once they give us a few more options and tweak it a little, i'm sure it'll be easier to talk to players without them having a tantrum like a 5 yr old (hmmmm sounds like some people on here) and requesting a transfer etc. Also the transfer bug needs looking at ASAP.

Like all FM games released by SI...it will get there in the end. Yes it's annoying and frustrating that there are bugs...but seriously...if some of you think it's easy to produce a game of this magnitude that is 100% BUG FREE...your just fooling yourselves. Trying to produce any computer game 100% bug free is just impossible.

And to those of you that moan a whine, to do it the general discussions part of the forums is just dumb. There is a bug section for a reason. If you want your beloved FM game to get sorted...how about posting in the relevant section. I'm not having a go at anyone, all i'm saying is we all want this sorted out. We are all in the same boat here.

What are the alternatives anyway? Fifa manager...lol...no thanks. For all it's faults FM is simply the best one available and has been for years.

NO, this is the place, because I can't accept that SI is announcing things like this while it isn't true, exactly like the new training system...

it's a shame

No; you should post in the bugs forum or the offical hotfix feedback thread.

May I point out to you, my dear Windupmerchant, that a lot of people are claiming that the custom views are fixed?

And btw; I remember your posts that the demo was really terrible: why, oh why, did you buy the full game then?

Oh, well,whatever nevermind; keep on trolling.

There are a lot of things that can be improved, however, I doubt it's going to be the case.

The broken transfer system is old, the ME unlogical behavior are as well, things that can be tracked down 3-4 years at least.

So the confidence is fading, the hope for improvement are not though. It will probably require for SI to stop doing what is fun, and what is selling for the majority for a year or two. Behind the scene stuff is hard to explain, to new customers, why they should drop their money on this product. However, CM was great, and it was somewhat limited in many areas, but I had the best time in front of a computer ever. football Sims just rock, it's for the mind, it's for the drama, it's for the finances, and still you can conquer the world. No game on earth has ever come up with an endgame, matching this. Thanks to SI, however, it's time to come home from Bahamas, and tweak. So take the next year to improve the overall balance, the tactics certainly needs tweaking as well. The ME is far less important than the game-play. ( that would ofc be the graphical design I would flunk for balance. )

Why am I even writing this, you already know it. None the less, it's still a great game, just takes medication to play these days. :p

Archived