PDA

View Full Version : So are we finally happy with 11.1.1. now?

Defensive
12-11-2010, 20:01
Personally im happy with the new patch because all the major problems as the spanish bug should be gone. I find the ME terrific, like the new improvements and really enjoy my career at Maldon&Tiptree.:-) But as we all know, the moaning here will go on (transfer system) and so i really would like to know if these moaners even after 11.1.1. are the minority (but the loudest people here) or not. So what do you think, is there any need to wait for 11.2.?

lostpoolie2
12-11-2010, 21:17
No I am far from happy I have played manager sims since 1996 and this has to be 1 of the worst yet I am so disappointed.

ForestDillinger
12-11-2010, 21:23
The new editions to the game (Dynamic rep, real time negotiations) are too good to pass up, hence why I will be playing this, but for me the transfer thing is a big deal. Still think the match engine is a wee bit dodgy at times too, mainly defending and wing play. As less polished as it was compared to 10.3 (what I played prior) I genuinely feel 11.3 will be the best iteration of FM yet.

RubberDuck
12-11-2010, 21:25
There are still a lot of bugs that can be fixed. The match engine still has some odd errors and needs tweaking.

Now some of you guys will come out and say "stop whining and play the game, your tactics are wrong etc.".

But I believe that this is the kind of attitude that's going to ruin FM slowly - there's a reason why there are people complaining.

I am really happy FM 11 has arrived and grateful for all the hardwork SI have put in to this game. But guess what? It has a lot of room for improvement. And I am getting the unfortunate vibe that SI's attitude towards complaints is turning for the worst.

Carmi88
12-11-2010, 21:31
there should be a "had no issues in the very first place, stop tweaking my perfect game!" option x)

Brian Shanahan
12-11-2010, 21:36
There are still a lot of bugs that can be fixed. The match engine still has some odd errors and needs tweaking.

Now some of you guys will come out and say "stop whining and play the game, your tactics are wrong etc.".

But I believe that this is the kind of attitude that's going to ruin FM slowly - there's a reason why there are people complaining.

I am really happy FM 11 has arrived and grateful for all the hardwork SI have put in to this game. But guess what? It has a lot of room for improvement. And I am getting the unfortunate vibe that SI's attitude towards complaints is turning for the worst.

If it were a case that it was actually going to ruin the game then I'd be the first in line waving my pitchfork and lighted torch. But what kills games is not bugs and errors which don't get fixed within 5 minutes (which is an impossible situation for most coputer programme companies today, and illustration if I may, every time you get on a modern jumbo jet you are trusting your life to an auto-pilot whose code is so complex and long that it is essentially untestable) but game companise who produce products sipmly in order to make money and who do not have a passion for either the game they're making or putting out a good product. A recent illustration of this would be Civ V which suffered from multiple problems stemming from chasing the bucks over everything else. As long as the Collyers are in charge of SI I am confident the company will not go down this path.

cliff7197
12-11-2010, 21:38
Until the transfer problems are fixed, the game is unplayable for me. I think the game has potential, but this is, IMO, a true game breaker.

S.G.
12-11-2010, 21:44
The transfer problems need to be sorted. I'm avoiding starting my lower league management game until 11.2.

Gandy
12-11-2010, 21:46
I don’t buy the game until the third patch, but what I have played of the demo, bravo SI. Though I have realised it is easy to unsettle players and transfer them for their listed price, it’s not entirely a major issue which will stop me playing FM11 when I get it.

Roman Chevalier
12-11-2010, 22:01
The transfer system sort out will be save compatible, according to neil brock. So technically one could start a game now, and then just take it Veeeerrrryy slowly, until the patch comes out.

As for the original question, i wouldn't be happy until the transfer system is sorted out, because the other issues were not pressing problems for me( love the match engine), and although i have been enjoying a brilliant game, this has ceased since the crazy transfer issues, but this game has the most potential out of all FM's imo. Once these glitches are sorted, it will be a fantastic, brilliant game. And then hopefully SI can improve the AI and existing features over the next year.

urbanjunkie
12-11-2010, 22:02
Most of the bugs I've experienced are not gamebreakers, just stuff that will no doubt be fixed up in the next patch.

Only thing that irks me is how ridiculous talking to players is. One player, unhappy with his training work load, spoke to him, he stated he had been working hard and more or less accused me of having a go at him for not training. In football, players have a little bit more respect and when managers and players do fall out its for far more dramatic reasons like subbing a player or dropping a player etc.

xdaem0n
12-11-2010, 22:18
there should be a "had no issues in the very first place, stop tweaking my perfect game!" option x)
This!
Fix the poll. ;)

scorer2006
12-11-2010, 22:19
NOPE FM11 = UNPLAYABLE !! I though games were getting better each year!, A huge! Step back From Si, U need to start listening to the gamers and less to the people in the office !

TSH
12-11-2010, 23:05
SI has done great work with the patches but the game is still unplayable for anyone wanting a serious experience.

ME is still so and so, player dialogue system destroys this aspect of the game by being too linear and having too great an effect, and the transfer system is quite crazy - again.

Training has also remained the same, vague and illogical.

The new additions are good but they have problerms too. Especially agents who demand illogical fees.

Wait for the third patch, though something tells me that we will be only be getting only one more.

Mikael H
12-11-2010, 23:10
Still too many injuries, approx 3 injuries each game and at least one red card to.

djvandyke
12-11-2010, 23:15
The failure to get the transfer system right is a real shame. It’s such an overt module of the game that it really has to be spot on.

Tav
12-11-2010, 23:21
Will 11.2 be out in a month then? Just checked when 10.2 was released last year and it was 16th December. The game is a bit of fun for me just now, will get more in to a save when the transfers are fixed. Its not totally unplayabale as it is but having a serious long term save seems pointless.

Roman Chevalier
12-11-2010, 23:30
Will 11.2 be out in a month then? Just checked when 10.2 was released last year and it was 16th December. The game is a bit of fun for me just now, will get more in to a save when the transfers are fixed. Its not totally unplayabale as it is but having a serious long term save seems pointless.

the transfer issues will be save compatible, according to Neil Brock. So one could technically start a save game and just take it slooooowwwwwlllly, untill we have the patch

Tav
12-11-2010, 23:35
Yeah that could work but think il just mess about trying out tactics and stuff, this is again a bit pointless as no doubt the ME will change. Still fun to be had!

Konrad0611
12-11-2010, 23:54
Does the new patch sort out the annoyance in 11.1 where alot of goals are conceded from crosses as the CBs just stand still or the high number of missed CCCs?

wazza
13-11-2010, 00:50
I cant understand how people say the game is unplayable. Yeah there are some bugs but nothing major that stops you playing. The only ones that I have found are cosmetic

jon157uk
13-11-2010, 01:51
All I've seen so far is pretty much the same old SI hype and rubbish.... This game is still rubbish due to the same old problems that all FM games have..... The passing is worse than any you would see in a school playground, the defenders still won't defend, there are still about 2000 too many throw-ins during every match, there are still more fouls in one match than you'd probably see in a full season, the AI players can still out run any of your players even if his stats are half that of his opponent, corners, crosses and free kicks are just totally laughable (apart from you just paid good money for a rubbish game so it's not really that funny). It's still seems virtually impossible to keep players fit because they're either out injured all the time or because the training schedules still do very little. The advice you get from your assistant is still totally useless, you can act on what he tells you about the next match 'til you're blue in the face it still won't make a blind bit of difference to how the match plays out......and talking of blind, it makes me wonder which school for the blind SI used to beta test this game..... I, like most people in here watched that bloke doing his 'smug' interview (head of SI, sorry can't remember his name) about how great this game was going to be AGAIN, no wonder he looks so smug, yet again he's made off with all our money and left us with a rubbish game that half the damn features don't work in!

Carmi88
13-11-2010, 02:11
All I've seen so far is pretty much the same old SI hype and rubbish.... This game is still rubbish due to the same old problems that all FM games have..... The passing is worse than any you would see in a school playground, the defenders still won't defend, there are still about 2000 too many throw-ins during every match, there are still more fouls in one match than you'd probably see in a full season, the AI players can still out run any of your players even if his stats are half that of his opponent, corners, crosses and free kicks are just totally laughable (apart from you just paid good money for a rubbish game so it's not really that funny). It's still seems virtually impossible to keep players fit because they're either out injured all the time or because the training schedules still do very little. The advice you get from your assistant is still totally useless, you can act on what he tells you about the next match 'til you're blue in the face it still won't make a blind bit of difference to how the match plays out......and talking of blind, it makes me wonder which school for the blind SI used to beta test this game..... I, like most people in here watched that bloke doing his 'smug' interview (head of SI, sorry can't remember his name) about how great this game was going to be AGAIN, no wonder he looks so smug, yet again he's made off with all our money and left us with a rubbish game that half the damn features don't work in!

in future dont buy the game?

matthiele
13-11-2010, 03:17
game looks and runs great for me.

toon army 06
13-11-2010, 03:30
No I am far from happy I have played manager sims since 1996 and this has to be 1 of the worst yet I am so disappointed.

whys that because you keep losing problery right

Bababui
13-11-2010, 04:03
Im usually the cranky one but I dont understand what most of the above posters are talking about. With the UI fixes, this game is pretty damn good. If you are annoyed by the so-called transfer bug is so bad, how about playing with fictional players? Then you wont even notice this..especially in lower leagues. This version is already better than 10.3, IMO.

morgy_g
13-11-2010, 04:18

really?? mate.. grow up

Charbless
13-11-2010, 04:48
I just installed the latest patch 11.1.1 but when i go to start a new game it shows only two database versions 11.1.0 is highest is this correct?

RubberDuck
13-11-2010, 05:12
You really want customers to start doing that?
That's exactly the sort of attitude that is going to lead to the game's downfall, if perpetuated.

I can say for damn sure now that the only reason why I continue to purchase and play FM 11 is because it is better than other football manager games. But that does not mean it isn't done very well, it just means relatively speaking, no other manager game has been able to surpass FM. But if the series progresses at the same rate.... you get my point.

wing47
13-11-2010, 06:18
I got a feeling I'm playing a different game than many of you here. Transfer problem? What exactly is it? My game seems to be running fine. Still too many injuries? Really? Personally I feel it's much better than FM09. I played Arsenal for a whole season yet haven't experienced much of an injury crisis. I don't know why people claimed it's unplayable. I am now into my second season. IMO FM11 is the best version of FM so far. And this is the first time I opt for playing 3D with FM (never did it before with the previous FM versions, cos it sucks), but FM11 the 3D run much smoothly, and the players motion look far more realistic than the previous FM. So go on then, keep complaining. If I were you guys, I would rather save my time and just play the damn game.

7zige
13-11-2010, 06:29
not really happy with the transfer system/player happiness(obviously) but will still play the game

wazza
13-11-2010, 09:03

Sorry dont see any of these problems. The passing is great in the game along with the new player movements and the tackling has improved massively. I have had no problems with injuries at all I have hardly had any in my first season. Maybe its your training schedule as you are working them too hard. You must be playing a different game as the features in my game work fine. As another poster has said dont buy the game and maybe now if you dont like it un subscribe from these forums

StandardFan
13-11-2010, 09:22
The failure to get the transfer system right is a real shame. It’s such an overt module of the game that it really has to be spot on.

Whats wrong with the transfer system?

DWCallaghan
13-11-2010, 10:08
I have just started season 3 , one crash to desktop which was fixed by reloading. no other issues. So no game breaking issues.

palar
13-11-2010, 10:11
Option "This game is a waste of time and unplayable! I will wait until 11.2. for sure!"

Crash, Crash, Crash...

wazza
13-11-2010, 10:58
Option "This game is a waste of time and unplayable! I will wait until 11.2. for sure!"

Crash, Crash, Crash...

I had a problem until the 1st patch on FM2010 where the game kpet crashing on occasions. This was however fixed in a patch and the reason been the game crashes is that due to the complexitiy of it and many peoples different system set up it is impossible to test on each different one.

During this I still did not find the game unplayable as I found away around it until SI found the fix and got it out in a patch. What I did was save the game each week so that if it crashed I could go back to it and replay it because 9.5 times out of 10 it didnt re crash at that same point. Try that.

Makollig Jezvahted
13-11-2010, 11:03
/rant mode on
This poll/thread is a fine example of what's wrong with this forum in the 5 weeks post-launch period:
80% of people are playing
20% are saying 'unplayable'

Yet, the majority of the posting is being done by the 20% minority.

"Yes, we are whining and bitching because this game is unplayable because we want to make FM better"
Sorry, but if you guys want the game to get better I suggest to the '20% unplayable faction':
1. Post in the bugs section of this forum
You are not going to solve the problems by posting here; you are just attention whoring, sorry.
If you really want to get SI working on bugs, start posting in the bugs forum.
2. be a beta-tester next year
See how many bugs you will allow into the game yourself...

For the '80% playable faction':
Happy gaming!

Sorry for the rant against the ranters, but I had to get this of my chest.
/rant mode off

gregt or smokey
13-11-2010, 11:04
can someone nexplain what is supposed to be wrong with the transfer system then?

palar
13-11-2010, 11:04
I had a problem until the 1st patch on FM2010 where the game kpet crashing on occasions. This was however fixed in a patch and the reason been the game crashes is that due to the complexitiy of it and many peoples different system set up it is impossible to test on each different one.

During this I still did not find the game unplayable as I found away around it until SI found the fix and got it out in a patch. What I did was save the game each week so that if it crashed I could go back to it and replay it because 9.5 times out of 10 it didnt re crash at that same point. Try that.

Yes, I know that but start FM every 5-10 minutes is no sens! (BTW. sry for my bad english)

Tommy Styles
13-11-2010, 11:09
I just removed the game from my hard-drive, so there's my answer to your poll. I don't think the game is that bad, just getting annoyed with the bugs and having to start over every time a patch comes along. I'll wait til 11.2 or 11.3 if I haven't forgotten about the game by then.

Dicko99
13-11-2010, 11:10
no, riduculous transfers and the ME needs lokking at

wazza
13-11-2010, 11:11
/rant mode on
This poll/thread is a fine example of what's wrong with this forum in the 5 weeks post-launch period:

"Yes, we are whining and bitching because this game is unplayable because we want to make FM better"
Sorry, but if you guys want the game to get better I suggest to the '20% unplayable faction':
You are not going to solve the problems by posting here; you are just attention whoring, sorry.

Happy gaming!

/rant mode off

Excellent post. I have found minor bugs in the game and have posted them in the bugs section so they can sort them out for the next patch.

sando123
13-11-2010, 11:13
always makes me laugh when people go i have played football manager since it first ever came out and this ones terible seen it loads with last years

BaYa
13-11-2010, 11:19
SI, PLEASE STOP lying !!!

- custom views are STILL dissappearing, no difference at all

(Ive done a clean install with patch 11.1.1

Makollig Jezvahted
13-11-2010, 11:21
SI, PLEASE STOP lying !!!

- custom views are STILL dissappearing, no difference at all

(Ive done a clean install with patch 11.1.1

bugs forum mate

Spireite82
13-11-2010, 11:23
Far too many bookings and red cards. FM2010 til Feb for me :-)

GeordieG1971
13-11-2010, 11:25
Just thought i'd add my opinion. I voted, sure there are bugs...but i can live with it.

Sure there are bugs, and it's annoying. But let's be honest...most of them just need to be tweaked. 11.1.1 has gone some way to sorting out some of the problems
For me the thing that needs tweaking the most is the player interaction. It's good that we now have this (as opposed to FM2010). It's just a little rough round the edges.
Once they give us a few more options and tweak it a little, i'm sure it'll be easier to talk to players without them having a tantrum like a 5 yr old (hmmmm sounds like some people on here) and requesting a transfer etc. Also the transfer bug needs looking at ASAP.

Like all FM games released by SI...it will get there in the end. Yes it's annoying and frustrating that there are bugs...but seriously...if some of you think it's easy to produce a game of this magnitude that is 100% BUG FREE...your just fooling yourselves. Trying to produce any computer game 100% bug free is just impossible.

And to those of you that moan a whine, to do it the general discussions part of the forums is just dumb. There is a bug section for a reason. If you want your beloved FM game to get sorted...how about posting in the relevant section. I'm not having a go at anyone, all i'm saying is we all want this sorted out. We are all in the same boat here.

What are the alternatives anyway? Fifa manager...lol...no thanks. For all it's faults FM is simply the best one available and has been for years.

BaYa
13-11-2010, 11:25
Far too many bookings and red cards. FM2010 til Feb for me :-)
NO, this is the place, because I can't accept that SI is announcing things like this while it isn't true, exactly like the new training system...

it's a shame

Makollig Jezvahted
13-11-2010, 11:30
NO, this is the place, because I can't accept that SI is announcing things like this while it isn't true, exactly like the new training system...

it's a shame
No; you should post in the bugs forum or the offical hotfix feedback thread.
May I point out to you, my dear Windupmerchant, that a lot of people are claiming that the custom views are fixed?

And btw; I remember your posts that the demo was really terrible: why, oh why, did you buy the full game then?
Oh, well,whatever nevermind; keep on trolling.

Sunlock
13-11-2010, 11:42
There are a lot of things that can be improved, however, I doubt it's going to be the case.

The broken transfer system is old, the ME unlogical behavior are as well, things that can be tracked down 3-4 years at least.

So the confidence is fading, the hope for improvement are not though. It will probably require for SI to stop doing what is fun, and what is selling for the majority for a year or two. Behind the scene stuff is hard to explain, to new customers, why they should drop their money on this product. However, CM was great, and it was somewhat limited in many areas, but I had the best time in front of a computer ever. football Sims just rock, it's for the mind, it's for the drama, it's for the finances, and still you can conquer the world. No game on earth has ever come up with an endgame, matching this. Thanks to SI, however, it's time to come home from Bahamas, and tweak. So take the next year to improve the overall balance, the tactics certainly needs tweaking as well. The ME is far less important than the game-play. ( that would ofc be the graphical design I would flunk for balance. )

Why am I even writing this, you already know it. None the less, it's still a great game, just takes medication to play these days. :P

Nunnsy09
13-11-2010, 11:51
Stop moaning gimps, theres nothing wrong with it

Masterstroke
13-11-2010, 11:52
game crashed during the first game of the season for me

Roman Chevalier
13-11-2010, 12:31
There's only one problem with this game so far, and that is top players being sold at market value, which in my mind is a bug. Anyway, the transfer issue is like a broken record and it's being looked at, and any changes will be save compatible, so i'm happy with that.

Too many injuries? Not for me, i rest my players, you should try it guys! Certainly no more injuries than what we see in real life. Premiership teams are always having injury crises. Look at Man Utd, Arsenal, and today Spurs have half a squad out. This IS football, so stop complaining.

Too many yellow cards? Ok, so when i see the stats on other games there are alot, but for me personally not too many. If anything i think there needs to be a balancing between yellow/red cards, because there are too many yellows, but hardly game breaking is it? Unless you are completley anal. Anyway, suspensions add to the challenge.

Poor player/manager interaction? Ok so the options are rudimentary, and there is no room for negotiation with a player, no maneuverability, no chance of placating them, and it's all very manipulative and chess like. But if you are sensible you can keep a squad more than happy. Just common sense really.

So, as i said, once the superstar players being sold at market value, or players like Drogba wanting to leave the club for no reason yet still having superb morale etc is sorted, which i am optimistic will be slightly bettered before Christmas(I HOPE!!!!), then what we have here is probably the best FM/CM yet. In my opinion.

CityTiD
13-11-2010, 12:35
Whats this transfer bug people are talking about?

Konrad0611
13-11-2010, 12:51
Whats this transfer bug people are talking about?

Why don't you try reading the first sentence of the post above yours?

I think this game is better than FM2010, a game which I got bored of by December. I'm enjoying this game alot but some of my fun is taken away by the shoddy defending in the ME, especially from crosses, and the high number of CCC's that my players miss.

Jay_88
13-11-2010, 12:53
Mostly seems fine to me, the only slightly dodgy transfer in the Prem for the whole window was Pienaar to Chelsea for 6.5M which would be unlikely to happen in real life with a couple of years to run on his contract. The major problem I'm having is that the set piece takers and instructions at set pieces still keep resetting when I even slightly alter my system or make a sub etc, I thought this was fixed in the new patch?

jimmywils
13-11-2010, 13:09

it's a shame

Have you actually posted anything in the bugs forum? If yes, well done.

If no, i suggest you stop your tantrums and do so.

Your complaints are getting old mate

edgar555
13-11-2010, 13:17

it's a shame

No this really isn't place.
As mentioned by others and by me in another thread where you were also trolling, custom views seem ok.
If you have serious issues then I suggest you do either:
1) log them as bugs in the bug forum, following the posting rules and posting evidence OR
2) Walk away and stop trolling because it is clear you are not enjoying FM11 and your constant trolling is annoying everyone else.

EDIT a quick search of the bug forum shows that you've not logged anything which makes your constant whining even less bearable.

JiggyDempsey
13-11-2010, 13:39
I'd be very happy with this game except for the transfer system. The introduction of agents is needed but it seems like they lumped it in and waited on the community feedback to see how they should adjust it, things that they should be doing in their beta testing stage. The private chat system is a good feature but the phrases seem like different ways of saying the same thing but have big differences towards how the game engine will react. Better phrases or more transparency on what each phrase actually means please. I think the training aspect is improved and I hope they will continue to flesh that out in future versions. Football Manager has a reputation for not being consumer ready until the patch after the january window which isnt good enough, the game should be ready on release day with minor tweaks coming in the patches.

jon157uk
13-11-2010, 13:59
really?? mate.. grow up

Grow up??? I'm 53 years old you stupid little boy, I'm obviously just not as exited about this rubbish as you are!

jon157uk
13-11-2010, 14:02
Sorry dont see any of these problems. The passing is great in the game along with the new player movements and the tackling has improved massively. I have had no problems with injuries at all I have hardly had any in my first season. Maybe its your training schedule as you are working them too hard. You must be playing a different game as the features in my game work fine. As another poster has said dont buy the game and maybe now if you dont like it un subscribe from these forums

And who exactly made you the Forum Police mate?

jon157uk
13-11-2010, 14:04

Hahahaha... Great advert for the game mate!..... DON'T BUY IT!!

edgar555
13-11-2010, 14:09
Grow up??? I'm 53 years old you stupid little boy, I'm obviously just not as exited about this rubbish as you are!

As a 53 year old I would have thought you'd be able to rise above the hyperbole. The game is not rubbish. It has issues ranging from major to extremely minor but rubbish? No. Not at all. And unlike other developers we can be assured that SI will do all they can to correct these issues.

wazza
13-11-2010, 14:11
And who exactly made you the Forum Police mate?

Nobody made me the forum police mate. Just pointing out if you hate the game that much why waste your time on the forums. Surely you must have better things to do!!!

jon157uk
13-11-2010, 14:12
/rant mode on

Happy gaming!

/rant mode off

20% is quite a lot of un-happy people whether it's a minority or not mate and let's just say for arguments sake, a company lost 20% of it's customers every time it brought out a new product, how long do you think that company would still be trading for?
This game does have potential but at the moment it is a long way from being what was promised so people have the right to be disappointed and complain.

wazza
13-11-2010, 14:13

Shouldn't you be doing your garden or something else, instead of wasting time on a forum for a game you obviously hate

edgar555
13-11-2010, 14:15
Lets be honest guys its not even anywhere close to 20%. More like less than 1%. However they shout loudly and open lots of threads so it seems worse than it is.
Makolligs 'rant' does say it all, either post bugs and/or apply to beta test when the threads about it are put up.
As has been said by many, in terms of complaints this is probably the quietest these forums have ever been at launch time. Which tells me that a heck of a lot of people are far too busy enjoying their game atm.

EDIt: just realised that teh 20% relates to this poll. In which case its not even close to representative, not even 1% of members have voted.

kingjohn56
13-11-2010, 14:19
i am 63..been playing fm for yrs..2011 is very good some very minor problems..well done SI

wazza
13-11-2010, 14:20
20% is quite a lot of un-happy people whether it's a minority or not mate and let's just say for arguments sake, a company lost 20% of it's customers every time it brought out a new product, how long do you think that company would still be trading for?
This game does have potential but at the moment it is a long way from being what was promised so people have the right to be disappointed and complain.

And what exactly was promised. Can you find a better managment sim that has no bugs etc or in fact any game that has no bugs in it. This game has been proven to be the best game out to represent football management. Nobody else seems see the same issues as you do. In fact majority have said the match engine is better than in all the other versions. You are the only one who seems to see these issues. Maybe your looking for something that cant be re-created after all it is only a game and is not real or maybe your just a perfectionist and nothing is right for you

Krald
13-11-2010, 14:31
I can't stand the "prepared tactics" thing honestly. I usually like to start and "cheat" a bit reloading to see what tactics work best so I can work out how to play the game, I cant really do that if i'm supposed to stick to three. I tend to start over when I've gotten to hang of things, and it doesnt usually take more than a season before I'm comfortable, but as it is, it feels like no matter what I change the tactic to it doesn't help, I can't seem to work out what's a good tactic due to this stupid system.

edgar555
13-11-2010, 14:34
I can't stand the "prepared tactics" thing honestly. I usually like to start and "cheat" a bit reloading to see what tactics work best so I can work out how to play the game, I cant really do that if i'm supposed to stick to three. I tend to start over when I've gotten to hang of things, and it doesnt usually take more than a season before I'm comfortable, but as it is, it feels like no matter what I change the tactic to it doesn't help, I can't seem to work out what's a good tactic due to this stupid system.

Not sure what you are getting at. Where does it say you are only allowed 3? You can have as many as you like, its just you can only train your team to learn 3 at a time. Which is 3 more than we've ever been able to get them to learn. You just need to get your head round it and understand what this system offers you.
And the day that they change something in game to suit people who reload is the day I'll be walking away. Its your game, you do what you like but please don't ask for changes to suit this style of play.

wazza

Hardly a bug that needs fixing in a patch. Just a new feature that makes it the game more realistic

Jelle Slaets
So players being sold at market value is a bug? Then perhaps we should alter the definition of market value. :)

From what I understand there is some issue with player happiness triggering the AI to list their best players, which I assume they will fix. I myself am wondering how the AI is trying to deal with teams that have no reason to exist, like Real Madrid, Man C, which spend like 200% of their budget on wages, digging holes till some rich guy bails them out.

But in my game, I have not seen any of these issues. Once you reach 2020, all players are regens anyway, so you no longer look surprised. :)
I have enjoyed this edition from the start, so I'll continue to do so. Trying to push Belgium all the way up the DLR ladder is no easy task. Currently ranked 6th, but the damn English and Spanish teams keep throwing my fellow leagers out of the european comps too early. :(

IMT
13-11-2010, 14:45
I don't personally get the problem with the transfer system, seems perfectly fine to me, could see the odd improvement I suppose but nothing that makes the game unplayable, or is it these are people that can't sign Messi for United for 2.50 and a twix? Or are unable to sign Bale for Dagenham & Redbridge?

It's certainly better than in previous years. As for the poll can't comment as I don't bother patching until the last one comes out.

RubberDuck
13-11-2010, 14:55
/rant mode on

Happy gaming!

/rant mode off

20% is a lot of people. That's 1/5 of the player base. Some companies, depending on industry, make a profit margin of less than that. That means that next time, the 20% that potentially don't buy the game can potentially sink the series.

Second of all, 40% of the people answered that they admit they think there are still problems, but continue to tolerate and play with it. That adds to ~60% of players who don't give favorable reviews to the game.

If you're going to cite statistics or numbers, don't omit the numbers.

naz250
13-11-2010, 14:56
I am really baffled as to what all these "issues" are? You would think that that there are numerous different versions of the game available. Ok, I can understand crash dump issues, that must be frustrating but from what I've seen Sega/SI seem to respond to individuals and try to help fix the problem (that is assuming the person with the issue manages to post coherently and not stamp their feet like a child).

Injuries and red/yellow cards, are not a problem for me whatsoever. Are the ones complaining putting their players on intensive training every week or playing them at 50% health? Are they setting tackling to hard, and giving individual instructions to go in hard on the opposition?

Regarding the "transfer issues", I have seen quite a few players going on the transfer list, but for example Man City wanted 24.5 million for Balotelli, Inter wanted 14.5 for Eto, and Madrid wanted 5.5 for Gago. Am I missing something, does this seem cheap to people? Maybe I'm just missing something, or my game has been manufactured differently to others.

To call the game "unplayable" is complete and utter nonsense. Maybe those that are whining and moaning should take up another hobby, or go play one of the numerous excellent alternatives to FM? Oh, that's right nothing else comes close to FM. I'm currently very much enjoying FM 11, so well done and thanks to SI.

edgar555
13-11-2010, 15:00
20% is a lot of people. That's 1/5 of the player base. Some companies, depending on industry, make a profit margin of less than that. That means that next time, the 20% that potentially don't buy the game can potentially sink the series.

Second of all, 40% of the people answered that they admit they think there are still problems, but continue to tolerate and play with it. That adds to ~60% of players who don't give favorable reviews to the game.

And if you're going to cite statistics don't omit the numbers yourself. 236 people have voted. On a forum with over 100,000 registered users that is what? 0.2%. far too small a sample size to draw any conclusions. And lumping the 40% 'with problems' into the other group and assuming their view is unfavourable is also questionable. The poll only has 3 questions and it is impossible to know if someone taking the middle ground is satisfied/unsatisfied or just undecided.

Kriss
13-11-2010, 15:18
My scientific study shows that the vast majority are reasonably satisfied with FM11 and will be even more satisfied when the reported issues like the transfer values issue are fixed.

My study methodology was simple, searched the whole forum and didn't find a single car analogy:D

jimmywils
13-11-2010, 15:20
As seems to be the case with me personally over the last 3 years, im finding it hard to get into the game. Time constraints aside, I seem to play for 30 minutes, save, exit and not touch it for a couple of days.

Im sure if I gave it a chance id be right back into it as I was a few years back. Cant comment on how good/bad the game is until then.

blurps
13-11-2010, 16:13
There is some really suspect attribute dropping going on. A player in his mid twenties, training well, superb morale, one of the top performers of the league and within two months after the season starts almost ALL his stats decrease by at least one ? Wtf ? A youngster with regular first team action is getting worse in the exact area his training is focusing on ? Huh ?

Not happy.

Makollig Jezvahted
13-11-2010, 16:23

Jeezes, you serious?
You are going to conclude from a poll in this thread that FM11 is unplayable for 1/5 of the people buying it?

FM11 is topping the sales charts.
If Si was really putting out 'unplayable games' year after year, would that be possible?

Matter of fact: a minority (20% of people voting in this thread) of a minority (people posting on these forums) of a minority (people buying FM11) is saying the game is unplayable.

Blacksquare
13-11-2010, 16:40
If you didn't notice the broken transfer system then you are 1) managing like Wenger (aka experienced transfers) or 2) haven't played more than 2-3 seasons yet.

The AI sells good players for pennies.
You can't sell good players at all or only for pennies.
The players in the game get a temper problem after 2-3 seasons.

In other words, if you have no bugs you don't notice them. And probably think Cristiano Ronaldo, Tevez, David Silva, half the Spurs players, etc. leaving for a few single digit million after 1-2 seasons is okay. Or you haven't played enough seasons to realize that half your squad wanting to leave to because they all have an itch.

Gandy
13-11-2010, 16:45
/rant mode on

Happy gaming!

/rant mode off

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Actually, I probably could, but that’s not the point. Well said, sir ;)

Onyewu
13-11-2010, 17:00
/rant mode on

Happy gaming!

/rant mode off

I know MJ.............The game is great........I guess I miss the boat on the anger the ranters feel.

edgar555
13-11-2010, 17:03
There is some really suspect attribute dropping going on. A player in his mid twenties, training well, superb morale, one of the top performers of the league and within two months after the season starts almost ALL his stats decrease by at least one ? Wtf ? A youngster with regular first team action is getting worse in the exact area his training is focusing on ? Huh ?

Not happy.

And as mentioned before, have you logged it as a bug in the appropriate forum?

jon157uk
13-11-2010, 17:11
Shouldn't you be doing your garden or something else, instead of wasting time on a forum for a game you obviously hate

I don't recall saying I hated it, shouldn't you be reading posts correctly before commenting on what other peoples opinions are..... Oh and I wonder how we'd go on if I was to report you for 'ageism' because you can laugh if you like but it is actually illegal.

Mr Sandman
13-11-2010, 17:13
worst thing about this is players are too sensitive & you cant move them on. Several of my personel have got mad over small things or just poor sense

Keith Andrews had requested to be on list, asked to play more and come off the list. I play him next game then he requests again.

Chimbonda complains about team talk in a game he didn't even feature in, 3 other players storm in complaining too. (3-1 win WBA well done)

Emerton complained over a disappointing TT and has refused to speak to me since oct (now in may)

jimmywils
13-11-2010, 17:25
I don't recall saying I hated it, shouldn't you be reading posts correctly before commenting on what other peoples opinions are..... Oh and I wonder how we'd go on if I was to report you for 'ageism' because you can laugh if you like but it is actually illegal.

I believe a S.W.A.T team is on the way to take him down

jon157uk
13-11-2010, 17:37
And what exactly was promised. Can you find a better managment sim that has no bugs etc or in fact any game that has no bugs in it. This game has been proven to be the best game out to represent football management. Nobody else seems see the same issues as you do. In fact majority have said the match engine is better than in all the other versions. You are the only one who seems to see these issues. Maybe your looking for something that cant be re-created after all it is only a game and is not real or maybe your just a perfectionist and nothing is right for you

That's a very immature claim if you don't mind me saying so, how the hell can you possible say it's 'proven' to be the best? You can't in real terms say any game is the best in any genre because it would all be down to personnel likes and dislikes. Also if you read other peoples posts there are quite a lot of people who are not satisfied with FM 2011, it's not only myself who's complaining, there are plenty of posts going up about training schedules not working, player talks not having any affect, too many injuries...etc,etc. In fact you, yourself even admitted you didn't have a clue what to suggest when replying to one of my posts asking for advice on how to keep players fit so if the game is so brilliant and you're having no problems with working things out, how come you could offer any more advice?
Maybe it has something to do with just lower league teams, I don't know! Perhaps the game works well with say, premier league type players, players who already have good abilities and fitness, maybe the game is capable of keeping those players and teams running along smoothly but hardly anything you do has any affect on none-league teams and players because despite trying everything I can think of and plenty of things other people have suggested, my players just keep losing fitness and abilities at a ridiculous rate and the problems I mentioned earlier in this thread, although of course exaggerated to make the point clear, are re-occurring things that are going on in virtually every match I've player so far..... I'm not suggesting that SI won't ever get it fixed because they probably will with a few patches here and there, all I'm saying is that FM 2011 is at the moment, not everything we were lead to believe it was going to be.

blurps
13-11-2010, 20:27
And as mentioned before, have you logged it as a bug in the appropriate forum?

Not yet, as it's a bit too vague and happened to very few players only. I'm closely monitoring the development of my players though, so I may actually have something with a little more substance to report at some point.

Carmi88
13-11-2010, 21:09
Hahahaha... Great advert for the game mate!..... DON'T BUY IT!!

why would i be advertising the game? im simply wanting rid of all u whiny kids :)

jjteo
13-11-2010, 21:16
No **** this game. I cant even enjoy my save game properly without it randomly crashing or some random bugs appearing

wazza
13-11-2010, 22:18

No you said that the game was rubbish quote 'This game is still rubbish due to the same old problems that all FM games have' in that I cast the opinion that you hated the game as it is rubbish in your opinion.

I an not actually been ageist as I dont know your age I am just of the opinion that you keep moaning on about faults in the game that do not exist , quote' The passing is worse than any you would see in a school playground, the defenders still won't defend, there are still about 2000 too many throw-ins during every match, there are still more fouls in one match than you'd probably see in a full season' I have not seen any of these problems In my opinion the passing is alot better and crisper than other versions and the defenders do tackle in my game. Maybe its your players,the defenders not having good tackling skills etc...

With regards to your point about me admitting that I didn't have a clue what to suggest when replying to one of yourt posts asking for advice on how to keep players fit could you re advise me or point me towards your thread as I cannot recall seeing it.

morgy_g
14-11-2010, 04:21

ill second that

morgy_g
14-11-2010, 04:22

pretty immature for a 53 year old

tingting
14-11-2010, 05:48
The demo version was a great game..while i played just two games (as the two Manchester teams) i cannot comment on whether there were bugs with other leagues but for me the patch has ruined the game. While the interface problems (and of course the Spanish, French and Russian) problems are more apparent, the ME performance viz-a-viz the demo gold version is poor, particularly the defending area which stands out more when you take on a lesser team (by defending area i dont mean cleansheets or the number of goals)

Martyr1777
14-11-2010, 05:55
Why in the world would 11.1.1 change the game around? It hardly changed anything which is to be expected by the version number given, basically all it was for was to take hotfixes out of the equation for the simple problems.

2011 is still riddled with bugs... but since your poll is so totally narrow it's a waste of time. The game is obviously not in an unplayable state, but it's also got many more issues then 10.3 had, not to mention all the old issues that carried over.

tzinos
14-11-2010, 07:20
first of all we need to define what makes the game unplayable to different people and styles of play and dedication to the game. For example the game isnt unplayable cause you can easilly play and move forward and reach 2020 and choose to ignore many things/bugs. SO its not like you have to start 11 players and a bug is only allowing you to play 8 players in your squad so you always loose. Its not like when you do whatever action a bug just gives an error and pops you back to windows. Its not like you get 3 red cards per game......So........its not unplayable in this way, it is prety damn playable.

However when you look at the biger picture and you try and imagine the balance of the game, the market, the teams., then yes the game can be unplayable for many of us. Isnt one of the most important aspects of the game, the transfer system? How you sell/buy/loan player and how the AI does it? Doesnt this affect the teams you face in the game? Doesnt it affect all competitions?

So lets see now whats wrong and how in the end it can make your game unplayable, cause many people havent noticed or choose to ignore this stuff. All the bugs i will mention are also mentioned in the bugs forum and experienced by many people.

You can buy or loan a player and when the time comes for him to join your club, you suddenly see him negotiate with other teams!! However his team and the player himself have agreed to join your club. He then ends up going to another team but if you look in your transfer history and finances, he is on your epxences and supposed to be on your squad. He practically has a contract with two teams and appears only on the other teams squad.

Now lets say you have a player who is between rotation and first team and he has a sallary of around 600k euro. He is not even in your top 5 star players. Your team has around 19-20 million wage budget, so you can only afford 2-3 players with a wage of around 1.5 million euro and thats your star players. By the end of 2011 you go to renegotiate with your player to renew his contract, you know what he asks?? 3.8 million per year and 1,2 million agent fee and 600k signing fee and other bonuses!!!!!!!! Thats only after one season and a descent year, its not like he scored 50 goals and had an average rating of 9.2 loool. He is a godamn average greek central defender not bekenbauer!

Now another example, i signed an uruguan bargain player, his manager offered him, i think he was out of contract. He has a salary of 200k. At some point after a few months he makes a good game and then has his first national debut. His manager comes bothering me that he wants a new contract. He now wants around 2 million per year and i dont remember what crazy money in sign on and agent bonuses.

Can you see how this can be a pain in the ass? You practically cant renew contracts to many of your players and you have to sell them before they can sign for another team for free. That messes up your squad, everytime a contract ends you have to sell him and find another one. Now it doesnt happen to all players, not everyone asks insane amounts of money, but if it only happens to some it still messes you up. And you still fear about your squad. And you still have on your mind you have to sell them before they reach the bosman rule.

Now lets say you want to sell your players. You have a nice talent, has a market value of 1 million, is it insane to ask for 1.8??? In so many years you play fm havent you always offered your player for a bit more? On the other hand havent the AI teams always wanted more money than the market value? How many times you bid just the market value and they accepted straight away? So what happens now is that AI teams only make offers back to you at the market value. So you cant really earn much money from selling players.

Now lets say someone wants to buy a player like nilmar. His team is accepting bids, you see that shakhtar has offered 17 millions and they accept. You offer 25 millions and they reject. Player ends up in shakhtar with a lot less money!

There is a significant amount of players (descent or even top players) getting released for free or sold at 0 euro!! There is also a significant amount of players getting sold for their market value and this category includes many big players. To some this might feel like a bargain to others it is unrealistic. For example modric was bought 21 million euro and then he gets transfer listed for 7 million after 1 year. Ballotelli bought for 28 million gets transfer listed for 8.5. Tevez been transfer listed for 10 million, kaka for 15 million.......List goes on and on and every season there are more examples. And every gamer has some similar names to add.

Now this in itself it doesnt stop you from playing the game. But cant you understand that the balance of the teams is broken? Everything is unrealistic, teams are letting players go and loose money. I shouldnt be able in my 2nd season (as olympiakos in greece) to buy a player like modric for very little money. To sign altilntop and diarra for free! I should build my squad over time, grow up, earn some money, win some titles, improve my reputation.......

Also many people are saying that teams are not only loose players for small prices but they start signing players by the kilo!! Eg. a team like lyon could have 60 squad players after only a couple of years. Most of them are 33 year old latinos and no big names. They could sign in one day 15 of them!! And then they dont play cause they cant register them

Does this all look to you like it could make the game unplayable in someones mind? Not worth investing time in it cause you know that after a few seasons everything will be a mess. The identity of the teams will change completelly and unrealistically. And if someone hast noticed this bugs or doesnt care about them, just please dont call the others liers cause they do exist. Or moaners. We just want the game to be improved and this MAJOR bugs to be solved. Whats wrong with this? In the end its only gonna make it better and for you that you dont moan!

Tommy Styles
14-11-2010, 07:33
The fact that all of you whom deem the game playable are spending so much time writing such long posts in this game forum rather than actually playing the game proves exactly how great and exiting the game is...

tzinos
14-11-2010, 07:37
is this also directed towards me, seing as i was the last looooongggg post? cause if you read it you will see that i voted unplayable lol

Tommy Styles
14-11-2010, 07:46
is this also directed towards me, seing as i was the last looooongggg post? cause if you read it you will see that i voted unplayable lol

Haha, no no like I said to those whom deem the game playable. It's not really a stab at anyone anyway, I am just surprised by the people defending the game so ferociously. By my understanding being content with the mistakes made will make it "okay" for SI to make the same or similar mistakes again next year.

I voted unplayable and I don't even care that much about the transfer system. What bugs me is the huge amount of CCC's and even worse the amount of them being missed. Or the fact that I have had 4 red cards in 1 season given to defenders within the first 15 minutes in or near the oppositions box.

tzinos
14-11-2010, 07:59
another pattern i noticed is opponents scoring against me in the first 2-3 minutes of the match! Most of the matches i loose or draw, it seems opponents score right away from the locker room!

FudgePacker
14-11-2010, 08:10
How can SI manage to take such a big step back?
I would understand if the new features didn't work correctly, but how did they screw up features that were almost perfect in 10.3? (ME and transfer system).
I've seen only 2-3 bugs in the ME, but really serious ones. (defenders are mentally ********, strikers miss the whole goal from 5 meters unless they have Finishing 16+, wingers rape, too many crosses and throw-ins per game, set pieces are a disaster and i still haven't seen any good from the set piece creator). The transfer system is laughable, its impossible to make SuperLeagues now, almost every single thing that i mostly loved about this game got worse.
But, we have the excellent, totally working and logical Player Interaction System, that's totally worth the money i gave!
Also, you guys who defend SI and say that nothing is wrong with this game, stop talking as if we got this game for free. There was one guy who actually said the flamers to enroll the next beta-test and find the bugs themselves if they don't like the current game. Really? REALLY!? Then what did i pay for if i have to do most of the things myself?

Joop
14-11-2010, 10:08
strikers miss the whole goal from 5 meters unless they have Finishing 16+, wingers rape, too many crosses and throw-ins per game, set pieces are a disaster and i still haven't seen any good from the set piece creator).

Indeed, my strikers manage to shoot most balls next to the goal when they are practically in the net already. In 11.1 there were no problems whatsoever, now all my goals come from my midfielders... This is bad.

edgar555
14-11-2010, 11:15
Indeed, my strikers manage to shoot most balls next to the goal when they are practically in the net already. In 11.1 there were no problems whatsoever, now all my goals come from my midfielders... This is bad.

But there were no ME changes in 11.1.1 so nothing has made this happen.

evertonmarc
14-11-2010, 11:22
Still some strange ME issues for me, but nothing ground breaking.
Morale does seem to drop rather rapidly but then again this may be intended.
The only thing that causes me real issues is the crappy player interaction IE "I think you could learn alot from player X", "i dont think so. I now dont like you and want a transfer".

On my Everton save the youngster had Cahill in his preferred personel, same position, yet he gets upset when i ask him to be tutored. M'kay.........

Not gone a long way into my save so haven't met the transfer issues others are talking about. Apart from that, top game

brt
14-11-2010, 11:27
But there were no ME changes in 11.1.1 so nothing has made this happen.

The changelist says something different.

Talented_Yak
14-11-2010, 11:27
For some reason the 11.1.1 patch was an absolute pain to install on my mac, and after i did finally did install it all of the boots worn by the players have turned white :/
I wouldn't say its unplayable but it is far from perfect.

scrap that! i now get the 11.1.1f158038 error message whenever i try and open the game :(

edgar555
14-11-2010, 11:36
The changelist says something different.

This changelist?:

Match
=====
- Fixed framerate glitch when the commentry bar changes colour
- Fixed issue where teams were wearing European kits in domestic matches.
- Fixed player motivation showing up as "complacent" when trailing in matches.
- Fixed a possible match divergence for matches going into extra time.
- Fixed missed shots that stayed on the pitch from showing up as blocked shots on the match analysis screen.
- Adjusted some of the pass tracking on the match analysis screen.
- Fixed issue where the start of first highlight is missed when user watches all goals/highlights.
- Fixed mac only player shirt corruption when switching between high\medium\low detail during a 3d match.
- Improved framerate of 3d match for older graphics cards running 3d in low detail.
- Fixed dynamic weather system which could often result in too much rainfall during match when not forecast.
- Fixed dynamic sounds not playing during the match when watching in "commentary only" mode.
- Fixed a bug where user confirms tactics without making a change, he can now make future tactics changes without any problems.
- Closing down player instruction now defaults to 'team' for certain positions when using classic tactics.
- Fixed issue with defensive line instruction changing when user set tactical roles for players when using classic tactics.

The above are all visual/display fixes. Nothing has changed with the Match Engine.
So nice try, but the fact is the actual ME has not changed.

philly_flyer10
14-11-2010, 12:02

I feel the same way, best features but worst playing experience. 25% is a lot of people who deem it unplayable.

Ive always said, SI should delay a game by 9 months, get it playable on release day a couple of weeks before the season starts. Then they can start on next seasons game over the winter. It wont happen as they would have to delay their income by 9 months.

Its needed as its the only way the series will get back on track.

SmurfDude
14-11-2010, 12:24
It's a typical case of human's being ungrateful and the more they get the more they want. It's the best management game by a mile and anyone with any sense of perspective can see that, and while it has a few annoyances it's not unplayable - unless it literally doesn't load up. The extent of people's exaggeration and whining is gets to the point where it's actually embarrassing to read.

I regard the transfer system as flawed, but not to the point where it ruins the game. I can still buy players, I can sell them, and I can play football matches. Point is, it's playable and functions as a football management game

Dicko99
14-11-2010, 12:55
it's playable and functions as a football management game[/B]

its only just playable if your honest, and isnt enjoyable in the slightest

urbanjunkie
14-11-2010, 13:22
Everyone is different.

It's playable. For me. I'm immersed into it, even though there are elements that are annoying. To claim it is or it isn't is redundant.

Romanista.
14-11-2010, 13:49
SI have certainly taken a step backwards this year. every little new feature they have added needs a lot of tweaking(player conversation, agents,...) and the ME has the same problem for years(defending,setpieces) and on top of that they have screwed things that worked decently in fm10 such as transfers, morale, and the many little things such as not being able to offer contracts to uninterested players, every team you play their manager says something about you now whereas before it was just the big games, now if you enter press conference you have to go through ten questions while in fm10 you could go berserk.

Joop
14-11-2010, 14:28
This changelist?:

Match
=====
- Fixed missed shots that stayed on the pitch from showing up as blocked shots on the match analysis screen.
- Fixed issue where the start of first highlight is missed when user watches all goals/highlights.
- Fixed mac only player shirt corruption when switching between high\medium\low detail during a 3d match.
- Improved framerate of 3d match for older graphics cards running 3d in low detail.
- Fixed dynamic weather system which could often result in too much rainfall during match when not forecast.
- Fixed dynamic sounds not playing during the match when watching in "commentary only" mode.
- Fixed a bug where user confirms tactics without making a change, he can now make future tactics changes without any problems.
- Closing down player instruction now defaults to 'team' for certain positions when using classic tactics.
- Fixed issue with defensive line instruction changing when user set tactical roles for players when using classic tactics.

The above are all visual/display fixes. Nothing has changed with the Match Engine.

Well, be that as it may, my strikers still manage to miss most shots whereas before the patch they definitely did not. Striker 1 pre patch 18 in 20, striker 2 pre patch 15 in 21. Striker 1 after patch 2 in 12, striker 2 after patch 4 in 13. Nothing changed in my tactics, so where does is come from?

edgar555
14-11-2010, 14:41
I don't know, but as you can see, its not the ME.

Blanchflower1
14-11-2010, 14:47

That is actually quite difficult to achieve when it comes to computer games!

gunnermitch
14-11-2010, 15:27
hi , steam just updated my gane but starting a new game only gives me options of the default and 11.1.0 databases???

brt
14-11-2010, 15:29
This changelist?:

Match
=====

I meant this:

Match Engine Changelists
=================

Match v903
----------

- Rewritten tracking and marking of player with ball
- Fine tuned dribbling ability to allow for above change
- Fixed players continuing to face set piece position by default after set piece has already been taken
- Made keeper dive to head ball rather than risk a messy clearance when ball around chest height
- Made players more likely to round keeper when clear on goal
- Also made players less likely to shoot too early when clear on goal
- Slight tweak to keeper positioning when coming to meet opponent bearing down on goal
- Made players track their opponent a bit more urgently when set piece about to be taken
- Fixed bug causing keepers continuing move to intercept ball that has long since been taken under control by opponent
- Fixed a couple of issues relating to players not reacting properly to the ball
- Couple of tweaks to marking of non ball player in open play
- Made players especially wide players less likely to drift offside when offering out ball to team mate
- Made players under no pressure less likely to play first time or second touch pass unless it is a really good option
- Fixed players risking missing easy chances by aiming too close to posts when no need to do so
- Reduced number of crosses aimed at penalty box with absolutely no team mate there or close to being there
- Couple of further small tweaks to on ball decision making

Match v904
----------

- Fine tuning and fixes to closing down and tracking of ball player
- Fine tuning to marking of non ball player
- Generally tuned balance of fouls and cards
- Players a bit quicker to get play going again at set piece when chasing game
- Fixed obscure bug where keeper could catch ball and back into own net with it
- Fixed occasional bug where player boots ball out of play for no reason
- Tweaked marking at throws in defensive third
- Fixed a couple of bugs where players would stop covering for team mate prematurely
- Fixed a couple more incidences of players not reacting to ball realistically
- Fixed bug where defenders could leave ball to keeper unrealistically and allow opponents in
- Slight tweak to movement off ball in opponent's area
- Fixed player putting ball out for injury when in scoring position unless its clear that he should
- Reduced lateral runs with ball across pitch ahead of decent passing opportunities
- Fixed underuse of playmaker at slow tempo
- Fixed general underuse of target man
- Reduced shots taken from distance when opportunity is there to take ball on further towards goal
- Slight tweak to accuracy of shots in clear cut chance positions
- Fixed bug where player diving to head ball in right on line might send ball away from goal
- Fixed bug where defender may clear ball off line without taking care not to kick it against team mate
- Encouraged earlier cross when plenty of team mates in opposition area
- Fixed bug causing keepers to walk through each other when switching over during a penalty shootout
- Ensured physios face the direction of the player they are treating when treating a player off the field
- Fixed bug where a player celebrates despite being injured
- Fixed bug where both physios stand on top of each other
- Adjusted selection of corner takers for human teams where the user hasn't assigned one in their tactics
- Ensured players don't attempt sliding celebrations if they haven't gained enough momentum to perform the slide
- Fixed bug where players would celebrate goals when a fixture was being played behind closed doors
- Fixed bug causing players to end up celebrating goals by themselves too often
- Fixed bug where the linesman would stand in an inappropriate position for free kicks that were in positions similar to corner kicks

Match v905
----------

- Further fine tuning to closing down and tracking of ball player
- Very small tweak to marking of non ball player to prevent defenders getting pulled apart laterally unrealistically
- Reduction in number of tackle attempts to be closer to v902 and v903
- Further tuning to balance of fouls and cards
- Players more likely to go to ground when opponents tug their shirts while they are running at speed
- Player more likely to miscontrol ball when switching direction at speed
- Made player reaction time more realistic when they fail to win a tackle or foul attempt
- Fixed bug causing defensive midfielders to cover for centre halves when they are too far off D-line and defence should be shifting across
- Fixed obscure bug causing unrealistic panicky clearances
- Some improvements to passing AI
- Fixed bug causing players to make fouls as last man in the belief they werent last man
- Fixed bug in finishing from tight angle but at close range that could send ball across goal and make too easy for keeper

Match v906
----------

- Yet further fine tuning to closing down and tracking of ball player
- Small tweak to prevent centre halves man marking too early and losing defensive shape
- Reduced unneccesarily heavy first touches
- Tweaked dribbling AI slightly
- Improved decision making when through on goal slightly
- Fined tuned number of penalties
- Fixed bullet throws being targeted too low

theboydonegood
14-11-2010, 15:39
The game is ruined by the fact that players in AI teams get unhappy and the AI teams sell them for next to nothing which makes it easy for me to pick up great players at knockdown prices.

Ruining it for me at the moment.

edgar555
14-11-2010, 15:45
I meant this:

Thats 11.1.0. Nothing new went into 11.1.1.

SSGTroyer
14-11-2010, 16:55
hi , steam just updated my gane but starting a new game only gives me options of the default and 11.1.0 databases???

And you choose the second page of this thread to post this question?? Have you no concept of topic, or doing a Search??

You question has been asked and answered. Many, many times, elsewhere (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/237530-Official-FM-2011.1.1-quot-Hot-Fix-quot-Feedback-Thread?p=6121008&viewfull=1#post6121008). Where it was on-topic.

jovan111p
14-11-2010, 17:10
Can someone explain me please. When I apply this new patch, should I start New Game or I can continue? If I continue will it fix bugs? Thanks

theBantams
14-11-2010, 17:19
extremely happy thank you Sports Interactive

StevoRobbo
14-11-2010, 17:37
No not really. Transfer system, player interaction, yellow cards, player morale, too many 35 yeard shots going in. All needs tweaking, hopefully for next months patch.

jovan111p
14-11-2010, 23:59
I dont understand that. If I apply the Patch and continue my saved game, bug will not be fixed??? Thanks

nev147
15-11-2010, 00:06
I dont understand that. If I apply the Patch and continue my saved game, bug will not be fixed??? Thanks

Yes any patch is save game compatible and there is a change list as to what it fixes. But Steve is eluding to other areas in FM that are very much sub standard and as of yet have not been fixed.

SSGTroyer
15-11-2010, 08:12

Which bug? 11.1.1 fixes some bugs, but not others.

I guess the answer to your question, is "maybe."

kingpug
15-11-2010, 08:29
How is the performance? for me FM2010 runs perfectly, the UI is super fast and the 2D matches all run 100% perfect compared to FM2011, the UI was slow and sluggish and the 2D matches were so slow, laggy and stuttery it put me right off the game, my rig is good enough for a game like FM2011 but the performance is just shocking really, but for me the biggest problem (I barely played it) was the wasted shots everyone had, I checked every match result and pretty much every team had so many shots off target it was insane and the shots my strikers pulled off was just incredible considering it was Rooney and Berbatov. I saw matches where teams had 15 chances yet 3 on target, everytime I checked a match all I saw was a ton of off-target shots and a ton of yellow cards, to put it simply, the game is **** and I went back to FM2010.

And by incredible I mean in a pathetic way, aka shooting from long range being nowhere near the target even when log shots are on rare and I have work ball into the box, I don't expect to score alot and hit the target 80% of the time but as I said, most teams had the exact same problem, lots of possession and chances but most of those chances are shocking attempts.

sheeshy
15-11-2010, 09:37
There should be an option for "it was fine in the first instance"

Lindhoffen
15-11-2010, 10:05
Full of bugs, totally unplayable, game-breaking transfers, rude players, no music, the sound is boring, no managers like me and the graphics have deriorated into a jumbled mess. I'm going back to The Boss on my Commodore 64!

kingjohn56
15-11-2010, 10:36
i have the boxed version of 2011 but loaded via steam.. steam as not up dated the latest patch..anyone now why.

cheers

gardengnome23
15-11-2010, 10:50
Really happy with it thanks SI, people really need to lighten up and just enjoy the game. It's not unplayable... not by any means, I've played two seasons now and its been brilliant so far.

Argamas
15-11-2010, 11:42
i have the boxed version of 2011 but loaded via steam.. steam as not up dated the latest patch..anyone now why.

cheers

Weird, I did the same thing and got the latest patch straight away. That was Friday, about 6 CET...

On topic: I'm satisfied with FM11, really like the game. The hotfix improved my game.

MartinGregory84
15-11-2010, 12:49
Only problem is there are still loads of yellow cards and my tackling is not even set to aggressive. Very frustrating.

Steve20
15-11-2010, 13:00
I find it impossible to sell players, even when teams are showing an interest and I have their value at half what they are worth. That is quite annoying, since I have 15 players out of contract and will lose the ones I wanted to make money on for nothing now.

Apart from that, I am really enjoying everything else in the game.

SLB FAN
15-11-2010, 13:38
I find it impossible to sell players, even when teams are showing an interest and I have their value at half what they are worth. That is quite annoying, since I have 15 players out of contract and will lose the ones I wanted to make money on for nothing now.

Apart from that, I am really enjoying everything else in the game.

X2
I can sell my players only for 0(i sell Saviola for 0 for example)

BaYa
15-11-2010, 18:01
I'm soooo happy;

-the NEW training system rocks and is a HUGE improvement, just like announced in the blogs...
-the NEW transfer system rocks, just like announced in the announcement video and blogs...

etc etc etc

NVS_Gooner4life
15-11-2010, 18:02
It's good enough for now, next patch won't be until December so might as well play some now.

giglet13
15-11-2010, 18:21
Few tweaks needed for perfection.

Penalties are irritating me - anybody else getting ridiculous amounts of missed penalties for and against their team? Not just missed, but put miles wide/over.

Some transfers are odd but I'd hardly call it a bug more a bit confusing/ less realistic. Would liverpool really buy steven carr on a free transfer ? But hey, as in other threads i guess stranger things have happened.

In a game with 1000s of players- personalities- variables in training, interaction, press, etc. I can live with the odd fluke goal and a few too many missed penalties then real life. Still an enjoyable game. I think what can be annoying is how basic some of the little bugs that make the game irritating at times are. - I mean, surely its easy to sort out the variable for how often penalties are scored or missed on average/ easy to spot when in beta if its way off? (saying it's easy I couldnt do it but it isnt my job so...)

Still pretty good game - I'll definitely get some good playing time out of it =)

jon157uk
15-11-2010, 19:29
It's a typical case of human's being ungrateful and the more they get the more they want. It's the best management game by a mile and anyone with any sense of perspective can see that, and while it has a few annoyances it's not unplayable - unless it literally doesn't load up. The extent of people's exaggeration and whining is gets to the point where it's actually embarrassing to read.

I regard the transfer system as flawed, but not to the point where it ruins the game. I can still buy players, I can sell them, and I can play football matches. Point is, it's playable and functions as a football management game

So, lets say one day you go out and pay good money out on a brand new car, the next day you take your car out for a drive only to find that 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear are not working. What would you say to the dealer when he says to you " it's still drivable in 1st, 5th and 6th gear so what are you moaning about"..... Yea, it's still bloody drivable be you wouldn't be at all happy with it would you?

edgar555
15-11-2010, 19:30
And the car analogies begin. Where is Kriss? He was only saying how this was a quiet release cos he hadn't seen any car analogies yet. Well there it is. :D

jon157uk
15-11-2010, 19:46
something I have just thought of... Maybe some of us are seeing more problems than others because of the way we paly the game, I for one always play out my matches in 'Full Match' mode and this is the area I have my biggest gripe with, last night I played 1 match just in 'extended' highlights mode and I have to admit, there were far less fouls, only one booking, the football was at a very acceptable level although very short lived and the stats between the two teams at the end of the game were an awful lot closer than they have been in any of my other matches, maybe for some reason or another the 3D ME dosn't cope too well with the full match mode?...... Just an idea!

jon157uk
15-11-2010, 19:47
And the car analogies begin. Where is Kriss? He was only saying how this was a quiet release cos he hadn't seen any car analogies yet. Well there it is. :D

Yes there it is....but that isn't really an answer to the question is it? OK just to keep you and Kriss happy, lets pretend it's a washing machine and the spin dryer won't work.....haha!

edgar555
15-11-2010, 19:48
something I have just thought of... Maybe some of us are seeing more problems than others because of the way we paly the game, I for one always play out my matches in 'Full Match' mode and this is the area I have my biggest gripe with, last night I played 1 match just in 'extended' highlights mode and I have to admit, there were far less fouls, only one booking, the football was at a very acceptable level although very short lived and the stats between the two teams at the end of the game were an awful lot closer than they have been in any of my other matches, maybe for some reason or another the 3D ME dosn't cope too well with the full match mode?...... Just an idea!

Nice idea. But its the same ME, same game, same everything, just you watch more or less of it one way or the other.

jon157uk
15-11-2010, 19:52
Nice idea. But its the same ME, same game, same everything, just you watch more or less of it one way or the other.

Oh I see.... back to the drawing board then.

edgar555
15-11-2010, 20:02
Oh I see.... back to the drawing board then.

Maybe thats where SI have gone ;)

BrightLad5
15-11-2010, 20:06
Im fairly happy, but Im annoyed that the Germany Team has been greyed out again. Even after 'doing what you have to do' to get the German players they are still greyed out.

Bababui
15-11-2010, 20:12

It would actually be cool to be arrested for ageism. :p

jon157uk
15-11-2010, 20:21
It would actually be cool to be arrested for ageism. :p

Yes it would for me too because I'd be the one receiving the compensation.....lol

Bababui
15-11-2010, 20:25
Yes it would for me too because I'd be the one receiving the compensation.....lol

There would be no compensation because the guy who made the post did you no damage. Dont you think you were being just a bit too sensitive?

jon157uk
15-11-2010, 20:32
There would be no compensation because the guy who made the post did you no damage. Dont you think you were being just a bit too sensitive?

Don't you think you should chill out a bit and try thinking ' oh, this guy is only messing about'?

(Although you are totally wrong, I kid you not, ageism is treated by the courts exactly the same as racism and sexism so if someone did want to make an issue out of some comment made about someones race, sex or age the consequence would be the same in all cases, only last year there was a company, local to me who ended up paying out over 3000 quid because some of the younger workers had been making comments based on another guys age..... silly I know but fact).

Bababui
15-11-2010, 20:58
Don't you think you should chill out a bit and try thinking ' oh, this guy is only messing about'?

Apologies. :)

jon157uk
15-11-2010, 20:59
Apologies. :)

Accepted of course mate!

edgar555
15-11-2010, 21:50
Im fairly happy, but Im annoyed that the Germany Team has been greyed out again. Even after 'doing what you have to do' to get the German players they are still greyed out.

You can't complain about this. SI don't have the licence and won't have for a looooooooooooong time. That an 'unofficial and unauthorised' workaround no longer works really isn't an issue. Its a shame but life goes on.

Cha Cha Cha
15-11-2010, 22:57
And what exactly was promised. Can you find a better managment sim that has no bugs etc

You would be right if the game was free, but it's not the case. I pay, I want a clean product.

or in fact any game that has no bugs in it..

Tons of games

Cha Cha Cha
15-11-2010, 23:00
Lets be honest guys its not even anywhere close to 20%. More like less than 1%..

Yes yes. As you command...

Jelle Slaets
15-11-2010, 23:03
You would be right if the game was free, but it's not the case. I pay, I want a clean product.

Tons of games

You could download the demo, try it out, and make a decision to buy as is, or not.

And Could you name 5 games released in the last year without bugs?

wally13
15-11-2010, 23:08

Tons of games

Like what then pac man or something ?

Cha Cha Cha
15-11-2010, 23:13
You could download the demo, try it out, and make a decision to buy as is, or not.

And Could you name 5 games released in the last year without bugs?

I'm saying it's better to wait until the next patch, not trying to stop you from playing. Are you happy with it? Your game.

5 games in the last year? I have not bought that number... mmm

Cha Cha Cha
15-11-2010, 23:14
Like what then pac man or something ?

I repeat: tons of games!

wally13
15-11-2010, 23:16
I repeat: tons of games!

Surely you can name 1 or 2 then

be intresting if there as complex or as big as fm code wise etc

edgar555
15-11-2010, 23:17

Don't feed the troll Wally. This guys on a mission. He'll disappear.

Jelle Slaets
15-11-2010, 23:18
I'm saying it's better to wait until the next patch, not trying to stop you from playing. Are you happy with it? Your game.

5 games in the last year? I have not bought that number... mmm

Yes, I have not yet seen the 'transfer bug' occur in my save. Am a little disappointed in the player relationship being a little too much, butin all I think it's a good version of FM.

I've bought Civilization V, PES 11, Fallout 3, Mass Effect 2, all of which had some bugs. Even the (arguably) best company when it comes to releasing quality, Blizzard, will still release games with bugs in them, even after years of closed and months of public beta tests. So I think it's fair to say that releasing a bug free game in this day and age is impossible. Wether or not it is game breaking is obviously depending on the player. But that's why having a demo available is a great feat.

Makollig Jezvahted
15-11-2010, 23:19
Don't feed the troll Wally. This guys on a mission. He'll disappear.

Yep.
He's just bored. that's all.

Cha Cha Cha
15-11-2010, 23:26

OK. Plant vs zombies

Ah ok, the game is complex, so developers are always excused. The discussion is over. I wonder if you (all) are so compliant with your girlfriends, families, friends in everyday life...

wally13
15-11-2010, 23:28
OK. Plant vs zombies

Ah ok, the game is complex, so developers are always excused. The discussion is over. I wonder if you (all) are so compliant with your girlfriends, families, friends in everyday life...

Repsonse i expected from someone as clueless as yee !!

Makollig Jezvahted
15-11-2010, 23:30
OK. Plant vs zombies

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=856224

try again.

Cha Cha Cha
15-11-2010, 23:33
Yes, I have not yet seen the 'transfer bug' occur in my save. Am a little disappointed in the player relationship being a little too much, butin all I think it's a good version of FM.

I've bought Civilization V, PES 11, Fallout 3, Mass Effect 2, all of which had some bugs.

I had no problem with fallout 3 or mass effect 2, like you with fm 2011, but maybe I was not so careful... like you with fm2011...

Even the (arguably) best company when it comes to releasing quality, Blizzard, will still release games with bugs in them, even after years of closed and months of public beta tests. So I think it's fair to say that releasing a bug free game in this day and age is impossible. Wether or not it is game breaking is obviously depending on the player. But that's why having a demo available is a great feat.

Let's assume it's true, maybe it's time to lower prices if the best of the best is an incomplete product...

Cha Cha Cha
15-11-2010, 23:35
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=856224

try again.

Not happened to me. It's maybe 1% of people...

wally13
I had no problem with fallout 3 or mass effect 2, like you with fm 2011, but maybe I was not so careful... like you with fm 2011...

Let's assume it's true, maybe it's time to lower prices if the best of the best is an incomplete product...

Ha fallout 3 is the worse out off all those mentioned for bugs great game never the less

Jelle Slaets

I think 40 euro is a very reasonable price. I've played oalmost 100 hours, so that is 0.4 euro an hour.

When I go see a movie, even when it's terrible, I am paying 8 euro entrie fee and 5 euro snacks, which is 13 euro for 2 hours.

Makollig Jezvahted
15-11-2010, 23:36
Not happened to me. It's maybe 1% of people...

Yeah, whatever mate, you're not going to drag me into this troll affaire of yours.
Cya later!

wally13
15-11-2010, 23:37
Yeah, whatever mate, you're not going to drag me into this troll affaire of yours.
Cya later!

Yes let him get back under is bridge ;)

Cha Cha Cha
15-11-2010, 23:40
Ha fallout 3 is the worse out off all those mentioned for bugs great game never the less

They were perceived bugs not real bugs. Even New Vegas is reported as full of bugs but I have played and finished it without problems.

|maze|
15-11-2010, 23:42
I'm actually quite happy with Football Manager 2011. Haven't noticed anything in particular worth moaning over.

Obviously the transfer system needs some tweaking, and I'm not the biggest fan of the "Private chat" feature. I think the latter is just annoying, but I expect SI to improve this feature as time goes.

If only they make it easier to sell or loan out players :)

Happy gaming!

wally13
They were perceived bugs not real bugs. Even New Vegas is reported as full of bugs but I have played and finished it without problems.

You must of got the special version for special people

Cha Cha Cha
I think 40 euro is a very reasonable price. I've played oalmost 100 hours, so that is 0.4 euro an hour.

When I go see a movie, even when it's terrible, I am paying 8 euro entrie fee and 5 euro snacks, which is 13 euro for 2 hours.

I agree, but not now. Maybe on December.

Cha Cha Cha
15-11-2010, 23:45
You must of got the special version for special people

fallout 3 was a bad example, because I have played it already patched, but surely Mass effect 2 was good without patch.

Cha Cha Cha
15-11-2010, 23:46
Obviously the transfer system needs some tweaking, and I'm not the biggest fan of the "Private chat" feature. I think the latter is just annoying, but I expect SI to improve this feature as time goes.

Finally! It's obvious.

Jelle Slaets
15-11-2010, 23:46
fallout 3 was a bad example, because I have played it already patched, but surely Mass effect 2 was good without patch.

I occasionally got stuck in the scenery, and could no longer get off benches or so, having to restart from a last save.

wally13
15-11-2010, 23:47

Not palyed mass effect 2 but ive finished new vegas on 360 and it was as buggy as hell class game but very buggy but its something i'd expect for a game of its size same as fm

Legion22
15-11-2010, 23:51
Happens every year. Every version of FM is the worst one ever.

Cha Cha Cha
15-11-2010, 23:57
Not palyed mass effect 2 but ive finished new vegas on 360 and it was as buggy as hell class game but very buggy but its something i'd expect for a game of its size same as fm

You have perceived New vegas as bugged (I got the pc version, in any case), I have not. I perceive Fm2011 as bugged, You don't. I'm waiting, you are not. Very simple.

JWB935
16-11-2010, 00:33
Started my yearly game as tottenham to play just to get used to the new game and features. Ended up not playing it because of a few things. The squad is totally messed up with Gallas and Keane as our two best players. Gallas being banned and Spain having the yellow card bug. So decided to just wait for the new patch 11.1.1.

Got the new patch and started my proper game that I wanted to start managing in Uruguay. Had to stop because 3 days in 15 players get released from the team I am managing (Sud America) and lots of first team players from other teams in the same league. Logged as a bug and was told it happens because those players have left their club IRL and they havent updated the leagues to have the real players that are there now. Told to wait for a patch in December but it is coming. Built a squad up but had to stop playing because I received around 7 yellows each game and I got 5 reds in 7 matches (with normal tackling and strangely low aggresion players). Anyway found it written on the forums as a bug.

Ok I thought. Got the patch lets try Tottenham again. Gomes got interest in the media from bayern and they then gave me a bid of 5.5M. I rejected and gomes got really unhappy and asked to be put on the transfer list. Sold him to Bayern for only 5.5M and bought Frey for 12M. Not good business but the season was starting and I needed a keeper, especially being in the CL now! Huddlestone got sent off and I gave him a warning as it was a bad tackle. Next day....transfer request. Though not again and dropped him to my reserves to let him cool off (and because he was banned). He got on to me again for putting him in the reserves (even though banned for 3 games) says I'm being unfair :(. Thought this cant be right and checked the forums and found the players are overly sensitive. Ok start again as Kyle Walker was upset because I put Kyle Naughton on the transfer list (they both play in the same position and Walker is a great prospect!). Defoe also unhappy because Crouch was sold because he had a high wage and I wanted enough funds and budget to get Dzeko and have enough money to expand my stadium at the end of the year (hopefully). Ok, start again because I cant have 4 of my first teams leave on me for hardly any money and for no reason.

On to my current save. I really wanted this to work out and am struggling through. Only 3 smaller bugs this time. My board says I can have 1 more coach, 1 more fitness coach, and 2 more first team coaches. Yet, I dont have a fitness coach and the board wont let me sign Paul Whisper because we already have enough coaches! Asked for more and they said no. Ok have to have my fitness rating at 3 stars with a coach managing two training categories. Not the end of the world but I wanted to start a youth setup with great coaches and great training but cant now as I have to pay big money to let a coach go, without knowing if the board will let me replace them or just leave me with even less coaches :(. Second bug is on every match (strangely not my first friendly unless I missed it) every time the opposition team makes a change my game freezes and it halts the match until I click onanother tab and then back to the 3d match screen and then it restarts. Lastly, when I pause the game or its half or full time my continue button greys out and I cannot click it. Its not because I need to change something its another know bug and you have to press the space bar on the keyboard instead.

I'm still making my way through this game as tottenham, but only just I really want to get my Career in Uruguay started and eventually move to clubs around the world but until these things are fixed I cant. I am just hoping the other bugs I have expierienced dont start happening in this game as its just about playable now. I wish I can be lucky and have a game where no bugs pop up. Cannot explain how much I want it to be playing properly, I'm really frustrated and hope an 11.2 patch will be out soon, but have been told to wait for December. Roll on then :)

pezza1
16-11-2010, 06:28
I had to vote for the last option im afraid. Although I do not think the game is unplayable, I do think im going to wait for the second (proper) patch to see if it improves.

I found FM2010 playable from the get-go and 10.3 was for me almost perfect in terms of what im looking for from this game. I believe the new features, when implemented correctly, will add massively to the game as a whole, but right now they seem to have disrupted the balance of the game as a whole.

My major gripes are firstly the ridiculous effects of player conversations. i dont touch them really and they are having a major effect overall on the transfer market in general with player unhappiness. Also the lack of responses to certian situations are a problem.
Another annoyances is when my screens keep changing on me!! I set my widgets on TV view and they have moved everywhere by the next game. I change my tactics to prepare for the next match and before the game I check (I have to now!) and they have reverted back to the tactics I had before I changed them!
I have experienced on average 1 red card per match either for or against my team. This cant be right! And I have yet to see a penalty converted, although I do play at a lower level which may explain this.

All in all, im dissapointed that for me the game is not in a good enough state for me to play though I hope with a couple of patches this will be the best FM yet, im confident it will be.

Boaxzel
16-11-2010, 06:47
Let me start this with saying that 10.3 was incredible flawed. But we adapted.
Now 11.1.1 was "flawed" but I have adapted. I dont think its as flawed as we might think, but its changed to somewhat other direction than 10.3 ME was.

10.3 was useless tbh, it was fun to play but Crosses wasnt a tool at your disposal tbh.

Now in 11.1.1 you can actually use wingers usefully.

Myself I had issues with 11.1.1, I'm now starting to really enjoy it even tho there is some bugs here an there. But dont make 10.3 something it wasnt, it was a flawed patch, we just adapted.

SouthgatesRedWhiteArmy
16-11-2010, 06:51
Let me start this with saying that 10.3 was incredible flawed. But we adapted.
Now 11.1.1 was "flawed" but I have adapted. I dont think its as flawed as we might think, but its changed to somewhat other direction than 10.3 ME was.

10.3 was useless tbh, it was fun to play but Crosses wasnt a tool at your disposal tbh.

Now in 11.1.1 you can actually use wingers usefully.

Myself I had issues with 11.1.1, I'm now starting to really enjoy it even tho there is some bugs here an there. But dont make 10.3 something it wasnt, it was a flawed patch, we just adapted.

Well said! Its all about adapting to it, and getting on with it. You've got the game, play it. TBH im playing it and the only thing that bugged me was the spanish suspension rule which the hot fix fixed. I havent noticed anything else wrong.

Then again i dont watch the matches through the match engine. i just have commentary and stats on the page loaded up. TBH aswell theres not going to be another patch now untill 11.2 in the new year. Im happy with the game and will no doubt have a good session tonight after i finish work.

PoolFan
16-11-2010, 08:02
Am I happy, overall I would have to say no. FM is getting more and more away from a game I want to play and is fun than I could have ever imagined. I feel kinda sad as it used to be so much fun, now I play and feel kind of cheated honestly. I don't mind the cost, it's more than I feel SI are just sticking to the fans by not doing anything to improve the franchise.

It's a real shame that there is no viable alternative to FM, I can't help but feel that if there was then SI would be forced to listen to players rather than release crappy games like this.

Here's my list of gripes so far:

AI scoring goals from 30+ yards outside the box no matter what the players stats are - CHECK
Insane and totally bizzare morale system that has you guessing wtf you are supposed to actually be saying to players - CHECK
Conceding goals withing 1 or 2 mins of scoring all the time - CHECK
Transfer system that is so screwed up it is beyond belief - CHECK

Major Raver
16-11-2010, 10:09
You can't complain about this. SI don't have the licence and won't have for a looooooooooooong time. That an 'unofficial and unauthorised' workaround no longer works really isn't an issue. Its a shame but life goes on.

It does work, just have to make sure you do the little deletion of file in the game database and also in the patch folders as well! Wink, wink, wink!

Major Raver
16-11-2010, 10:28
Where we are at in my book.

Transfer system is wrecked, I got offered at Ajax 2 of PSV's best players for 1mill and 750k, when they would be 10mill plus each. Guisppe Rossi had just joined Asenal for 2.5mill and this was my favourite in my book, Xavi joined Napoli for 5mill.

No problems with bookings, you either have hard players set to high in the tackling stakes, or don't lower there tackling when booked. I had gone to Christmas and hadn't had a player sent off and only 2 players suspended on yellow cards. Seems great to me. Its about managering your players at all times.

To many penalties are being missed, all players are turning in to England players on International duty.

Brain dead defenders who switch off to often and concede silly goals.

Results are to up and down, I can beat Celtic 7-1 in the Champ League one week and then lose 5-4 to Den Haug the following week, beat PSV 6-0 the next and then lose 5-0 to Celtic in the second leg. To much in the gaols conceded of them taking there only chances and your players doing stupid things.

Manager appointents seem funny, 8 sacked in Premiership by Xmas, Man City appointed Rotherham's Ronnie Moore, Liverpool appointed Neil Warnock!

Manager comments are stupid. Neil Lennon tells the press after I thumped his Celtic team 7-1, that we didn't take our chances and tried to walk the ball in to the net instead of shooting. That happens far to much.

Agents are brilliant, so far I have found that many ask for stupid amounts as there initial request. Example Steven Defour's agent wanted 39k a week, 1.3mill sign on and an agent fee of 1.8mill. After some good old haggling, I signed him for 14.5k a week, 375k signing on fee and agent fee of 500k, plus normal bonus's. This stacks up well against player requests in FM10. Agents take a chunk out of football today and I think SI have got this spot on. Haggle guys, and if an agent says no, well so what, enough of those greedy useless gits out there in the real world, and many teams in real life have fallen foul to stupid agent demands. Like Kaka's agent demanding 20mill from Man City a couple of years back before he went to Real Madrid.

So verdict. Some really bad issues in need of patching, which has stopped me playing the game the way I usually play, but not stopped me playing the game. At the moment i'm doing different things, learning about training and using the game as a bit of a very glorified test before the next patch, which is cool with me to be honest. I loved FM10.3, thought it was brilliant, but bugs or not im sticking on this game till the next patch, and enjoying it in a different way.

Now where did I put my toothpick!!!

wally13
16-11-2010, 10:31
Ronnie moore gets city job ? Mmm dont belive that for a second mate sorry but if it is true you know were bugs forum is

Major Raver
16-11-2010, 10:55
Ronnie moore gets city job ? Mmm dont belive that for a second mate sorry but if it is true you know were bugs forum is

Lol, always a doubting Thomas and disbeliever on here. Funny thing is, I wouldn't of beleived it either if I hadn't of seen it and someone else had posted it, and I had to blink twice. Paul Merson got the Rotherham job. Rotherham were top of Div 2 and had won every game but 1, which they drew and were still in the fizzy pop cup, so maybe he got the job based on performances, although as I said it baffled me.

I'm not slagging the game off, or have I stopped playing, plus my post above I think is balanced and constructive, so no point in me making up anything. But like I said I can fully understand why you don't beleive.

I notice you don't see Neil Warnock at Liverpool as a surprise, couldn't be worse than Roy Hodgson I suppose!

wally13
16-11-2010, 11:43
Lol, always a doubting Thomas and disbeliever on here. Funny thing is, I wouldn't of believed it either if I hadn't of seen it and someone else had posted it, and I had to blink twice. Paul Merson got the Rotherham job. Rotherham were top of Div 2 and had won every game but 1, which they drew and were still in the fizzy pop cup, so maybe he got the job based on performances, although as I said it baffled me.

I'm not slagging the game off, or have I stopped playing, plus my post above I think is balanced and constructive, so no point in me making up anything. But like I said I can fully understand why you don't believe.

I notice you don't see Neil Warnock at Liverpool as a surprise, couldn't be worse than Roy Hodgson I suppose!

Its not a case of disbelieving you lol just ive played quite a bit and not seen these sort of appointments like i say if it is the case get a save uploaded to ftp for SI guys to look at :)

jon157uk
17-11-2010, 13:49
I've changed my mind slightly since my first opinion of the game. After hours of messing around with training schedules I have finally hit on one that seems to be making a bit of a difference to my squad and at long last I'm now seeing fitness and attributes changing and it is quite good, the schedules I've designed are totally unbelievable for part-time players but what the hell, at least they're working. This in turn has most definitely started to have an effect on my matches, the football I see now in the 3D match is very acceptable and I'd even go as far as to say pretty entertaining to watch most of the time too. However, there are still some very annoying things going on, the worst thing by a long way is the ridiculous amount of fouls, cards and injuries I'm seeing in pretty much every match, I really kid you not, in the last four games there have been a massive 32 cards (including 8 red), I really don't understand this because I never use 'hard' tackling or aggression as any part of my tactics ever. This needs lookiing in to by SI because even at my league level that's just a silly unrealistic amount. I also think that some of the aggression other teams show needs changing because in quite a few matches I've ended up having to use all 3 subs before half-time after dirty tackles, these things together are putting me in very dodgy situation now where as because of all my injuries and suspensions I'm getting very close to the point where I won't have enough players to field a full team. Then there are of course the other problems that have already been discussed all over the place, transfers, player chats, etc etc..... On the whole I'd say I can now play the game to a fairly enjoyable level and I'm just hoping that the next patch will fix at least the fouls/injuries and card issues more than anything.

SSGTroyer
17-11-2010, 14:34
^^^ have you noticed if you have the same ref for each of these matches? I keep getting the same card-happy ref for almost every match I play...something else which has been posted in the Bugs forums and "is being looked into."

jon157uk
17-11-2010, 14:43
^^^ have you noticed if you have the same ref for each of these matches? I keep getting the same card-happy ref for almost every match I play...something else which has been posted in the Bugs forums and "is being looked into."

I never thought to check that out mate but i will in future, thanks!