So just how big a deal is this so called transfer bug?

just wondering,just recently started a new game with the 1st patch that came out on release day.now im reading about all these transfer bug problems and just wondered how big a deal it actually is?

is it big enough to stop me playing it now and wait for december patch or is it not that bad.

im hoping that the december patch will be save game compatible regarding these transfer problems.

for the record,im well impressed with this years version and hoping this transfer bug isnt a gamebreaker so to speak?

For me it's a game breaker when Carlos Tevez is being sold by city for £10 million in the january transfer window. There are countless other examples like this. It's a gamebreaker, for sure, but that is my take on what is otherwise a fantastic game. It's just a shame this is such a HUGE bug, and it is a bug. most people are encountering this problem.

Was it because Tevez was unhappy as Man City and as they are a money bags club they felt it was okay to offload him at a loss?

I have yet to play the game fully. I am eager to start a career save and was waiting for the Spanish hotfix. I then read more about the transfer bug and some seem to be seeing it as problematic, others are delving more into picture as to why these transfers were occurring and finding it is down to morale.

Can anyone post more example of silly transfers? if its not such a big deal i will go ahead and start my game.

Was it because Tevez was unhappy as Man City and as they are a money bags club they felt it was okay to offload him at a loss?

I have yet to play the game fully. I am eager to start a career save and was waiting for the Spanish hotfix. I then read more about the transfer bug and some seem to be seeing it as problematic, others are delving more into picture as to why these transfers were occurring and finding it is down to morale.

Can anyone post more example of silly transfers? if its not such a big deal i will go ahead and start my game.

How about Ronaldo leaving Madrid for around 35m pounds after 1 or 2 seasons? Sergio Ramos for 8m pounds?

I see it this way, the yellow card thing only affected a few teams, which would make the game unbalanced and unfair, and therefore, unplayable.

This transfer problem affects EVERYONE, so, despite being a big and incredibly annoying problem, it doesn't favour anyone, making the game playable.

My opinion though.. your choice.

For me it's a game breaker when Carlos Tevez is being sold by city for £10 million in the january transfer window.

Exactly- and i would say for about 90% of all people this isnt a gamebreaking problem.

These players are unhappy and even in reality many clubs sell unhappy players for market value because nobody wants to have such players in the squad bringing down the morale- and this way the clubs at least get some money when they know that the unhappy player wouldnt renew the contract. The only problem is that there are a few too many unhappy players in the game right now and the balancing overall could use some tweaking. But people really dont do themselves a favour when they dont play the game with all its great improvements just because of some players changing the team for 10 million instead of 15 or 20. But everybody has its opinion.

I didn't notice any transfer bug at first, but now it's been mentioned looking back at the transfers some players have been moving around fairly cheaply. I haven't really paid much attention to other clubs transfers until reading this thread, with me being Wigan it's not like I have tons to spend.

I see it this way, the yellow card thing only affected a few teams, which would make the game unbalanced and unfair, and therefore, unplayable.

This transfer problem affects EVERYONE, so, despite being a big and incredibly annoying problem, it doesn't favour anyone, making the game playable.

My opinion though.. your choice.

That the player can buy Modric for £7million favours the player themselves. Sure the AI can do the same, but after some seasons we all know their transfer policy becomes very dodgy.

That the AI refuses to buy any of your players, even at market value, completley messes up the balance of the game, so really it is a catch 22 situation we have here.

Most of all, it does not favour those of us who have paid good money for the game. For me it destroys the fun of the game, which is otherwis fantastic. I said it's personal opinion, so don't expect everyone to agree and nor does it effect me if they don't.

That the player can buy Modric for £7million favours the player themselves. Sure the AI can do the same, but after some seasons we all know their transfer policy becomes very dodgy.

That the AI refuses to buy any of your players, even at market value, completley messes up the balance of the game, so really it is a catch 22 situation we have here.

Most of all, it does not favour those of us who have paid good money for the game. For me it destroys the fun of the game, which is otherwis fantastic. I said it's personal opinion, so don't expect everyone to agree and nor does it effect me if they don't.

Believe me, i don't like it either .. i already said what i had to say in the feedback thread .. but it's either this or wait until the next patch.

seriously i want my money back, i really cba to wait till february.

already toldgetgamesgo that i want a refund, this game is a jke untill final patch

Bye then im sure champ manager or fifa manager will give you what you need !!!

Do these all happen at the end of the first season or are they spread out over time? I have played one season as Liverpool and just coming towards the end of the second season summer transfer window and have not noticed anything like this yet.

Hmmmm i can understand why people are upset by this issue as those transfer fee's do not reflect the fee's that have taken place in football over the past 5 or more years.

Is it possible that the game has taken into account the new fifa/uefa rule thats coming into play very soon which will dramatically reduce how much teams will be spending on transfers each season and therefore drive the price of players down?

.......probably not but hey whilst im playing thats what i,ll imagine is happening ;)

All i can say is we all know the transfers need looking at and i know Si will do there best to sort this

as for me im in my 2nd season and really enjoying it even though im having a nightmare with Leeds so for me there's no way this transfer thing is a game breaker or should stop you from playing :)

the transfer bug affects buying clubs, selling clubs, AI and real life players so its fair to say its not restricted to one area.

where you benefit in buying a player on the cheap, you also suffer by struggling to sell your players at a high value, so its swings and roundabouts i guess.

in a way i guess its a bit like the housing market at times.

people giving up playing the game over it seems a bit harsh but it is not a game breaker to me and i'm still enjoying playing.

Are there any non English people on here who think this is a major problem ? Reason I ask is the English transfer market is used to seriously over inflated transfer fees where as most other countries are not so maybe its not seen as that big an issue for everyone ?

My view is that while some of the transfer fees are a bit low its a level playing field so not really a major problem.

I am delighted that in just over a week there have been 2 patches released to fix major bugs and issues which is excellent support, in the perfect world they would not have been needed yes, but its not a perfect world.

All i can say is we all know the transfers need looking at and i know Si will do there best to sort this

as for me im in my 2nd season and really enjoying it even though im having a nightmare with Leeds so for me there's no way this transfer thing is a game breaker or should stop you from playing :)

haha, yeah won't be holding my breath.

How about these that I have seen:

Messi for 35m, Iniesta 25m, Tevez 14.25m, Balotelli 6m, Aguero 17.5m (9 months after being signed for 54m), bale 6m, modric 8m, hamsik 9m, sanchez 5.5m and many more.

Im not even 2 seasons into a game

You know there were people complaining vocally and vehemently last year that you couldn't sign players at reasonable prices, and these were the kind of examples they were given of being reasonalbe. Now I'm not saying the cheap player thing is right (nor wrong either as others have said there could be extraneous matters), but pointing out the irony of the whole thing.

harry kewell just signed for liverpool lol in jan window. Although this is not beyond Woy. Not saying it's a bug, just thought it was funny.

Kewell signed for Liverpool for a free after the first season.

There do seem to be a few weird things going on with the transfer system. I was offered Jack Wilshere for £5m two weeks after being told Arsenal wanted £27m for a future transfer fee in a loan I proposed.

I' rather buy and sell player for cheap as long as this will happen for every team, regardless if it is AI or real life players. Last years I had many problems such as offering a bid for a player, being refused, and after two weeks that world class player moves to another team for 10-15M less :) And we were not rivals, we were not even in the same league... As long as the cheap/expensive bids apply to everyone, I am happy.

Just said on another thread I don't get the moaning with the transfer system, unless of course people want to sign Messi for a quid or Wayne Rooney for Macclesfield. The Barcelona screenshots further up I don't get, what's so gamebreaking on there?

The Tevez thing too, could happen look at Robinho IRL, and a club like Citeh they are always going to have big players want to leave due to a lack of action (it's Balotelli on mine, wants to higher wage though).

The main problem I have found is offloading players, that's all I want to see them look into because lets face it if Spurs offer Keane out (even for free as I did in the end), clubs would at the very least come into talk to him.

What I find very disappointing is how the AI never seem to go beyond the stated value of your player when they are trying to buy from you. Wanting to buy Evra for 4m or Nani for 7m in just the second season is no way realistic, even if you take into account how the English market is inflated.

Hmmmm i can understand why people are upset by this issue as those transfer fee's do not reflect the fee's that have taken place in football over the past 5 or more years.

Is it possible that the game has taken into account the new fifa/uefa rule thats coming into play very soon which will dramatically reduce how much teams will be spending on transfers each season and therefore drive the price of players down?

.......probably not but hey whilst im playing thats what i,ll imagine is happening ;)

If this was the case the transfer budgets should also be reduced to balance the game, otherwise I could buy all the players listed above in one season.

Some may call this cheating, but these kind of issues are exactly why i use FMRTE. If I think a transfer fee is ridiculously low or high I just change it myself. I do the same in stopping lots of youngster from Dutch clubs being poached away by major European clubs before they have even had the chance to play for the clubs that trained them. I know its not a perfect solution and some may view it as cheating, but it certainly improves the game experience for me.

I see it as more of a problem of player valuation. For example, Berbatov is unhappy at Man Utd on my game, has requested a transfer and is now transfer listed at his vale. No problem for me there. The problem is his value is only £5m. I don't believe Man Utd would value a player they paid £30m a few years ago at £5m now, when he is only 30 years old, especially when he is still a key player for them on my game. I'm still enjoying the game, it hasn't made it unplayable at all and i've been able to pick up a few unhappy players for cheap. The problem just lies at how the AI values a player.

I see it as more of a problem of player valuation. For example, Berbatov is unhappy at Man Utd on my game, has requested a transfer and is now transfer listed at his vale. No problem for me there. The problem is his value is only £5m. I don't believe Man Utd would value a player they paid £30m a few years ago at £5m now, when he is only 30 years old, especially when he is still a key player for them on my game. I'm still enjoying the game, it hasn't made it unplayable at all and i've been able to pick up a few unhappy players for cheap. The problem just lies at how the AI values a player.

This, and perhaps the players get unhappy a bit too often.

If he's within 18 months of ending his contract then quite possibly yes he will be lowly valued. Also if he hasn't played well, or the club are desperate to offload him due to disruption. Players in real life who are unsettled tend to go cheaply even if they are top class performers, remeber Ibrahimovic and before him Eto'o for Barcelona.

I understand that, but Berbatov still has 3 years on his contract on my game, and he was their top scorer last season. He's not the only one also. I understand that players get unhappy and request transfers, but clubs will still irl try and get the most they possibly can, it's unlikely that Man Utd would let him go for £5m irl right now, or next season, even if he was unhappy. Take the recent Rooney example, nobody would've expected him to leave for any less than £30m, despite his contract running down and him being unhappy.

Yeah, I mean whoever heard of a top-tier striker being sold for 66M Euros and then the next season being loaned out with a 24M option to buy. I mean, what club would be that stupid! Totally unrealistic.

----------------------------------------------------

Honestly though I have not experienced the tranfer issue in my game. Surely the quantity of low priced transfers that people are posting is worrying. Maybe I have just been lucky or don't recognize all the big names on the transfer lists.

It's possible there are some financial pressures being taken into account by the game that we just haven't seen in action yet in real life. Remember Barca and Madrid have both revealed they are massively in debt. Though after two seasons in my game, the only major player either club has sold is Ibra, for the aforementioned 24M, which is no surprise to anyone. There have been some 2nd tier players who have gone for a bit less than you would expect which is a bit surprising.

Archived