Official FM 2011.1.1 "Hot Fix" Feedback Thread

Hi All

Please keep your feedback and questions on the 11.1.1 Hot fit in this thread please.

Link to patch information here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/237501-Patch-11.1.1-Now-Available!-Aka-Hotfix

-----------------------------

Football Manager 2011 v11.1.1*

-----------------------------

Crash

=======

- Fixed rare Mac only crash when processing

- Fixed issue with attendance record news items

- Fixed a random Match Engine crash

- Crash where B team changing squad status fixed

General

=======

- Ignore jumping attribute guidelines for DB players with the attribute filled in.

- Fixed a problem with squad registrations of clubs who have been newly promoted/relegated.

- Fixed Custom View disappearing

- Fixed registration button not working

- Remembering set piece instructions

- Returning missing reputation column

- Remember settings of widgets between each match

Transfers

=======

- Player loses transfer budget but doesn't sign player

- Bosman ruling working correctly outside of England

League Rules

=============

- Fixed issue regarding Spanish Suspension Issues

- Fixed issue when league season not properly scheduled

International

-------------

- French international bans now don't get applied to club friendlies.

Editor

======

- Fixed issue with relegation playoffs from parent competitions.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The transfer problems are just making the game a joke to play can the majority of people not see this or are you all blind like the people who tested this before release

And it's not being ignored that people are feeling that way.

But keep the insults to yourself.

Thankyou SI for this speedy hotfix. It is such a nice change to see a games company listening to their community of gamers and taking on board the problems and fixing them in such a short period of time.

I am totally loving fm11 best edition so far

Keep up the good work!

Log what you think are bugs in the bugs forum.

I did on Tuesday, I have a lengthy thread with many replies, screenshots and games uploaded in the transfer bug thread.

Luke was taking a look at it. But seriously, how did it get through testing?? It is obvious after the Jan transfer window that there are major issues.

I'm disappointed more than anything. I have always overlooked the smaller bugs but I think this is pretty huge.

Back to FM10 for me then without any transfer fixes :(

yeah, was really hoping that there'd be some fix. this is more of a player happiness issue i believe. and considering that SI was able to tweak things like agent demands and other player happiness issues during the 2 weeks between the demo and the release date, i was hoping they were able to do some more tweaking in another week's time.

so yeah i appreciate the hotfix, but back to FM10 for now.

• Administrators
Will the new hotfix affect the editor data files or will they still be working fine on 11.1.1 as they were on 11.1.0

They work fine. So no - the hot fix doesn't affect editor data files.

The transfer problems are just making the game a joke to play can the majority of people not see this or are you all blind like the people who tested this before release

Agreed. The game has a lot of potential, but there's so many little...scratch that...major problems that I just can't get into the game yet. I can't WAIT for the next patch as I truly think the game will be awesome when that happens. SI have fixed the majority of every problem in the past. 10.3 was awesome, though I really don't want to wait a year for FM11 to be up to par with that.

Right now I'm just casually playing while I also play Civ5 and other games. Maybe SI should start working with an open beta or something in the future. Random day post a download link that limits to 3 years or something, make it have to connect to an SI server, once beta is finished they can disable it and such. Worked for Warcraft 3, Starcraft, MMOs and other games where bugs can REALLY destroy a game.

Agreed. The game has a lot of potential, but there's so many little...scratch that...major problems that I just can't get into the game yet. I can't WAIT for the next patch as I truly think the game will be awesome when that happens. SI have fixed the majority of every problem in the past. 10.3 was awesome, though I really don't want to wait a year for FM11 to be up to par with that.

Right now I'm just casually playing while I also play Civ5 and other games. Maybe SI should start working with an open beta or something in the future. Random day post a download link that limits to 3 years or something, make it have to connect to an SI server, once beta is finished they can disable it and such. Worked for Warcraft 3, Starcraft, MMOs and other games where bugs can REALLY destroy a game.

yup, exactly what i think. i just hate the fact that every new unpatched version (e.g. 11.0) is less polished than the previous fully patched version (like 10.3).

Quick Question if i may: I run it the game on Steam, which obviously should auto patch. When i got to the game preferences screen it shows version 11.1.1, but when i start a new game it only gives me the option to use the default database or the 11.1.0. Should i see another DB option when i load a new game with the new patch?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Ta.

Wayner

Well the one thing I say about open Beta's, and I have plenty of experience of them, is that there are massive drawbacks to them.

First they use up resources and time, not a big deal if you're getting lots of good feedback... BUT

Many people can't be bothered to give feedback, instead they just use the Beta as a chance to get some free gaming in.

Second

We run a Beta, anyone can apply for a spot on it you just have to look for the thread and when it comes iand send in your application, but as I said before many people don't bother giving feedback, there are some that do and we're always thankful for them, but as for extending the program, it's harder and more time consuming to administrate then you'd imagine.

Quick Question if i may: I run it the game on Steam, which obviously should auto patch. When i got to the game preferences screen it shows version 11.1.1, but when i start a new game it only gives me the option to use the default database or the 11.1.0. Should i see another DB option when i load a new game with the new patch?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Ta.

Wayner

There's not an update to the database so that's correct.

Steve, could you mass e-mail the forum members each time the betas open? I never remember them. :-(

by the way I would encourage both alpha and beta tests, if you have the manpower to handle the feedback. the alpha could be restricted to the people who actually submitted feedback on the previous beta (and thus are deemed trustworthy), so that you avoid trolls and freeloaders. this is a game that should have as much testing as possible due to the sheer amount of details involved.

I just don't hang around the forums as much pre-launch. I'm mostly here right after launch to report bugs. pre-launch I'm probably playing a relatively bug-free version of FM n-1. :-P so if you want bug reports, le me know that you have a game coming!

Each of use needs to get in the mindset of playing this game January to January each year and not buying the Beta product they have to release due to Sega's demands for a product each November.

The Initial release of the game is always, without fail, a game full of bugs. I do not blame SI for this, its down to the publishers and their deadline dates. This game should not have really been released in Beta state and once the 3rd patch comes we all know the game will be pretty much fixed and in release condition.

I don't think a January release would make any difference! It would just be a different 12 month development cycle.

The only difference would be if the game had no fixed release date and was just released "when its ready" - which means it would probably take 3 years between releases and the studio would go bankrupt.

We should be thankful that SI put so much effort in between releases with patches and hotfixes - many games companies release then wash their hands of the matter.

Regarding a 'transfer bug' patch(am i wrong to presume this is a likelhood?), would this be save compatible when(or if) it's released?

I only ask because i don't know whether to start a new game or not. If it would be save compatible and released before X-mas(i would pray and hope anyway) then i could carry on with my game but just take it slower, or even start a new game and take it slowly. However, if not save compatible i just wouldn't play the game until it was released. Does anyone have the brain to know of such things :)

Regarding a 'transfer bug' patch(am i wrong to presume this is a likelhood?), would this be save compatible when(or if) it's released?

I only ask because i don't know whether to start a new game or not. If it would be save compatible and released before X-mas(i would pray and hope anyway) then i could carry on with my game but just take it slower, or even start a new game and take it slowly. However, if not save compatible i just wouldn't play the game until it was released. Does anyone have the brain to know of such things :)

they are working on it so i assume it would come into the 11.2 patch (which i think is out before christmas, though i may be wrong).To be honest im sure if they could even know it was save compatible until it was nearly done.

• Administrators
steam wont update the new patch 11.1.1

Remember there is no added data, it'll say whether it's patch 11.1.1 in the 'game status' within the game. I'd also suggest checking in your preferences (of Steam) whether you have auto-updates on.

Archived