What do you do when your favorite players becomes mediocre?

I mean its very hard for me.I am in my 6th season and my star Striker Gregory Neslon [Age 27 yeah I know!] its finished.

I mean for 4 seasons he was my number one choice and scored every 2 games. 198 Matches 98 goal.

But at the end of Season 4 he got injured badly [6 weeks broken arm].Then next season he started again and another arm injury got him out for 4 weeks.

He finished with 31 matches and 8 goals.

This year I have better strikers and the guy that was his first sub scored 30 goals last season .

Gregory is natural in AMR and ST but now even in AMR he is sub-par and my coaches says he is 3rd best AMR and 3rd best Striker.Bassicly at his age and with my younger talants I cant see him playing ..

I am very sad about him .He brang me great success and scorred amazing goals but maybe its time for me to let go and sell him.. I just know that now he has good reputation but not good skills and he will be reserve player ..

What do you do in those kind of situations

I keep playing them. In 0001, Darren Eadie was 42 before he retired and he stayed a regular. Even scored at the WC finals at 41 years

If Im a national manager, I always keep some oldies about. Tried to get Rooney to 200 caps in the 2010 save but he fell 2 short when he retired.

I have in the same save, what I consider the best squad I have ever assembled on any CM/FM game. Most players came through within a couple of years of each other, so as a side project to 2011 I will continue to play them regularly until I get sacked due to poor results. My left back, Johann Orsini (Newgen) was my first signing at the start of the game. He was 15. Been a regular pretty much since season 2 until one day he decided to turn down 250k contracts with 14 million singing on fee and maxed out bonuses and he left on a free. 6 months later I signed him back at the age of 31 for 30 million. He will play for me until I say otherwise, not the other way round...

Archived