7 red cards in first 9 games

just bought the game a few days ago, and went the team i normally go- aston villa.

Anyway, i set up my team with my usual tactics, got my team together in the usual blend of youth and experience, (more or less the same team from 2010) and within the first 9 games i had 7 red cards, including 2 in one match against juventus, ( i still won 2-1 btw). But in all my time playing fm i dont think ive had as many as 7 reds even in the whole season before. It was so frustrating i started to feel as if the game was absolute **** and it was a mistake buying it, i just couldnt understand it at all.

Has anybody else had anything like this?

Btw I was'nt using aggressive tackling it was just set to default.

Normally i wouldnt come on here to complain but this just did not seem right

It seems to me like cards are up, I always played with aggressive tackling and closing down on Fm10 and the only players that got lots of cards were the aggressive ones, but now on FM11 there's tons left right and centre, it's not rare to see 8 yellows on one team and 7 on the other team.

I feel the officiating in this version is craptastic. Ive had three players in three consecutive games get red cards for minor touch fouls while the AI routinely rapes my players of the ball and no foul is called. Last three games the foul lines were this (my team first) 18 - 6, 19 - 3, 15 - 4. Ive had 9 yellow cards in these past three games, 2 straight reds and 1 double yellow. I have no players set on aggressive tackling and yet a little touch foul is worthy of a red?!?

1 official pregame had 5 games officiated 27 yellow cards handed out and 6 red cards handed out. That seems extremely high to me.

YES! My Stalybridge Celtic side had 5 red cards in the first 3 games - unbelievable. Tackling is set to Medium. In my first league game, my keeper was sent off on 79 minutes after I'd made 3 subs - so defender went in goal. 2 minutes later my left winger was then sent off on 81 minutes. Then, having gone from Attacking to Counter, we nicked a winner in injury time....... (had to sneak that in there!) Anyway, the next game, red card. Next game, 2 red cards. Hmmmmmmm.

yeah same issue here.. and with alot of my friends as well.-..check out this thread I started.. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/237283-Red-card-every-game

"and I just checked the total of cards in the season.. im in march, and three teams has had 13 reds.. one 16.. yellow cards, is around 120-130 for top three as well.. bottom "

In my opinion this is a bug.. ive played this game for years, always with the same tactics, and i would say im pretty geeky with this game, so for me, im getting really tired of the sentece " its your tactics dude".. anyways check out this thread and take a look at one the post, where a guy has posted his game screen.. its insane.. and pretty normal in fm 2011 :(

Only seen like 4-5 red cards in 15-29 matches... aside from 1 match that had 8 yellows in one half, 6 to one side... they've all be perfectly expected reds, vicious violent tackles (made by -my- player so it's not bias), or 2-3 professional fouls by the last defender from behind on my poacher breaking into the open.

Perfectly expects reds and not very many of them.

Had to abandon my game as Sud America in the 2nd Uruguayian Division as my team received on avaerage about 7 yellows a game and i received 5 reds in 7 games. Really dissapointed as I had spent hours building my teams/playing friendlies and getting my tactics set. :(

just bought the game a few days ago, and went the team i normally go- aston villa.

Anyway, i set up my team with my usual tactics, got my team together in the usual blend of youth and experience, (more or less the same team from 2010) and within the first 9 games i had 7 red cards, including 2 in one match against juventus, ( i still won 2-1 btw). But in all my time playing fm i dont think ive had as many as 7 reds even in the whole season before. It was so frustrating i started to feel as if the game was absolute **** and it was a mistake buying it, i just couldnt understand it at all.

Has anybody else had anything like this?

Btw I was'nt using aggressive tackling it was just set to default.

Normally i wouldnt come on here to complain but this just did not seem right

Just a question re your players instructions? I also have tackling set to default. However, I noticed that some of my players have their tackling set to hard depending on what formation I am using. I also use touchline shouts and some of them will impact on the type of tackling intensity your team carry out.

My current card stats are 27 yellows and 2 reds played 18 games; so all in all not bad stats for me.

But some people do appear to be having a lot of issues with cards?

K

The reds in particular seem high to me... I've had 7 so far in my first season (I'm currently in March) in about 40 games. Admittedly, 3 of those have gone to Eboue, who seems to be a maniac in this version :p , but in FM10, I only used to get 1 or 2 reds all season. And before anyone asks, I'm using similar tactics to before, always set tackling to medium and dish out the fines when players get sent off.

Only seen like 4-5 red cards in 15-29 matches... aside from 1 match that had 8 yellows in one half, 6 to one side... they've all be perfectly expected reds, vicious violent tackles (made by -my- player so it's not bias), or 2-3 professional fouls by the last defender from behind on my poacher breaking into the open.

Perfectly expects reds and not very many of them.

4 -5 red cards in 15-29 matches is still pretty high !!

if its 15 matches thats one every 3 games even one red in 6 games is high!

Ok I know people are going to say its your tactics, well I play with no pressing nor hard tackling and the issue is affecting all teams, not just mine.

On checking the tables there are definitely too many red cards.

Heres the science :

Premiership

28 games played

ASton Villa 6 red cards

Bolton 6 red cards

Chelsea 5 red cards

Everton 5 red cards

Championship

34 games played

West Brom 9 red cards

Newcastle 8 red cards

Leeds 5 red cards

League One

Southend (me!) 6 red cards

Swindon 6 red cards

Southampton 5 red cards

League Two

5 teams on 5 red cards.

Now heres the actual stats for championship & league one for the whole of last season, theres one team on 6 reds a couple of 4 but no where near as many as in my season :

Figure shown is red cards for whole season

Championship:

Club

Leeds United 2

Preston 3

Barnsley 0

Reading 3

Millwall 2

Coventry City 1

Sheffield Utd 2

Burnley 4

Norwich City 1

Ipswich Town 2

Crystal Palace 3

Hull City 1

QPR 2

Derby County 0

Middlesbrough 1

Portsmouth 1

Bristol City 1

Scunthorpe 0

Doncaster 1

Nottm Forest 0

Cardiff City 1

Leicester City 2

Swansea City 1

Watford 0

League One

Club

Charlton 2

Oldham 1

Peterborough 3

Bristol Rovers 2

Notts County 4

Tranmere 1

Brighton 2

Walsall 1

Yeovil Town 1

Plymouth 6 (dirty boys!)

Huddersfield 4

Southampton 0

Bournemouth 1

Dagenham & R 0

MK Dons 4

Colchester 0

Carlisle 0

Sheffield Wed 1

Hartlepool 0

Leyton Orient 0

Brentford 1

Swindon Town 3

Exeter City 2

Rochdale 1

4 -5 red cards in 15-29 matches is still pretty high !!

if its 15 matches thats one every 3 games even one red in 6 games is high!

It may be higher then average, but the point is every one of those was a straight red for something that was perfectly obvious and expected.

Only 1 game that was yellow ridden, and certainly looked broken, have I seen double yellow send offs and yellow cards are always harder to tell if they were deserved or not.

But at least in the MLS I've not seen masses of cards, red or yellow, like others are talking about. As I said, the reds I have seen were very obvious red card offenses.

It may be higher then average, but the point is every one of those was a straight red for something that was perfectly obvious and expected.

Only 1 game that was yellow ridden, and certainly looked broken, have I seen double yellow send offs and yellow cards are always harder to tell if they were deserved or not.

But at least in the MLS I've not seen masses of cards, red or yellow, like others are talking about. As I said, the reds I have seen were very obvious red card offenses.

Thats not justification for it happening, if nothing else it indicates there are too many obvious red card offenses. Whatever the reason there are too many red cards being dished out.

I have 29 teams out of 6 divisions teams with 6 - 13 red cards in one season, thats far too many as the real life stats from last season prove.

PS just checked other playable leagues in my game:

Italy, Serie A worst team has 8, Serie B 11

Spain, Liga BBCA 4 teams on 7-8 cards Liga adenante, 3 teams on 7-9 cards

France, 1st and 2nd divisions both have teams with 9 red cards.

Now I dont know real life stats but do teams really have a red card every 3.5 games in real life? Dont think so....

Actually Ive just checked the Football league stats and the figures are actually higher than I thought so the game doesnt look as bad as :

Club F Y R P

Brighton 604 78 10 7

MK Dons 629 128 8 6

Exeter City 431 57 8 3

Walsall 458 58 8 6

Tranmere 501 79 8 7

Southend 521 70 7 7

Stockport 485 73 7 7

Colchester 562 81 6 6

Norwich City 517 56 4 4

Gillingham 497 78 3 6

Brentford 492 52 3 6

Carlisle 505 65 3 3

Hartlepool 509 70 3 3

Huddersfield 514 60 3 4

Yeovil Town 496 79 3 5

Leyton Orient 479 63 3 5

Charlton 570 79 3 3

Wycombe 480 45 2 4

Bristol Rovers 479 65 2 10

Oldham 539 82 2 7

Leeds United 551 74 2 6

Millwall 601 73 2 5

Swindon Town 413 50 2 2

Southampton 586 74 1 5

Thats not justification for it happening, if nothing else it indicates there are too many obvious red card offenses. Whatever the reason there are too many red cards being dished out.

So having a team setup with a 18 pace striker and seeing 3 red cards as he gets pulled down from behind after being past the last defender is the fault of the game, or having a player that I saw get a red card in FM10 for with a violent retaliation tackle get a red card for the same thing is the fault of the game.

That is plenty of justification as to why I have not -seen- it, because I've not seen it. Does that mean it's not an issue? No, I was just adding my 2 cents that it seems fine in the matches I've played. Not to mention since my original post I've not seen any more red cards in my matches. Although i'm playing mainly in the MLS and since the Spanish league had the card issue maybe it's league related.

Do you guys use the 'Ask assistant' option when setting in-match opponent instructions?

This will over-ride your overall tactics and very ofter will set to hard tackling for several opponents which in-turn will result in more cards.

I also get several players sent off with direct red cards. It's really rare if any of my players actually ever got sent off with 2 yellows. Same goes for opposition teams. It's as if the match engine encarnates Vinnie Jones in all players, regardless of their orders or aggression levels.

Archived