Your greatest result/achievement on FM11 so far?

As with every new FM game, I've started with my team Nottingham Forest. Here's my best game and achievement far:

Sitting 4 points clear of Boro at the top of the league in January and a series of favourable draws in the Carling Cup sees me in the semi-finals, where I am to play the Premier League's bottom side Blackpool.

Blackpool went into the first leg at Bloomfield Road on the back of 5 straight defeats and morale was low, so I felt confident. A great display from Charlie Adam inspired them to a 3-1 lead ahead of the 2nd leg and it looked like I'd miss out on the achievement of getting a second tier team to a cup final.

Heading into the 2nd leg I knew I had to keep Adam quiet. I altered my usual 4-2-3-1 formation and brought Radi Majewski, who usually plays in the AMC role, back into a deeper central midfield role. This allowed me to bring in the more defensive-minded Guy Moussi in for Chris Cohen and I told him to man-mark Charlie Adam.

We dominated the first 20 minutes but a Blackpool break away saw them take the lead on the night and go 4-1 up on aggregate. Game over I thought. But we quickly responded with Earnshaw pulling one back. It was 1-1 at half time, 2-4 on aggregate.

Then in the second half: BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG. Five goals, including Earnie sealing his hat-trick, saw us beat Blackpool 6-1 on the night and 7-4 on aggregate, putting us through to final to face Chelsea at Wembley.

Then a quick look at Charlie Adam's match rating revealed he'd been given 5.1/10. A tactical masterstroke by myself to mark him out of the game, even if I do say so myself.

What has been your greatest result or achievement so far on FM11?

So no more 10-0 in FM, that's not realistic....?? :)

well I didnt lose 0-10 my biggest win was 7-1 from Cambuur IIRC :D

Feye starts with really talented players...Fer Wijnaldum Biseswar...

In 3 seasons all become Dutch Nationals and they are marvelous :D

mine had to be beating real madrid 1-0 at old trafford. Im still in the first season and the game was tight each of us had even possesion same amount of shotd etc. Hamsik is brought on for carrick in the 75 min and about 20 seconds to go a 40 yarder from hamsik finds the back of the net and i hit the roof.

Getting Havent + W to win the BSS 92 points out of 41 gamesm, FACup 3rd round, then i find a bug that mean i cant complete the season becuase of posponed matches. oh well nvm. Looking forward to take 2.0 now i have my ideal squad and tactics sorted

• 2 weeks later...

Archived