Contract Demands Ridiculous?

First off let me say that i do like the real time contract negotiation, but the player demands are ridiculous, and are starting to ruin the game for me. For example, Javier Pastore, November second season, wants to leave Palermo and is transfer listed, I get an offer accepted for him. He is currently on 16,750 a week. His demands? 155,000 a week, and he wont budge less than 110,000. I understand that he is going to want a pay rise, but if he WANTS to leave the club, then there is no way he would be holding out for a mega deal like that, especially if he is extremely interested.

This has happened MANY times with MANY different players, and due to my wage budget structure, ive missed out on signing a lot of players that wouldve helped my team. I think this needs to be fixed in the next patch. Im not saying a player wouldnt want a huge rise like that (although i doubt theyd hold out for that big of a rise), but if they desperately wanrt to leave to leave the club, then they wont hold the club ransom for a deal almost 10 times what they currently earn.

Does anyone agree/disagree?

I think the ridiculous demands comes from how interested the player really is... there's plenty of irl examples of players selling out if the money's good enough.

If you're a big club like real madrid etc i guess their demands comes from looking at what other players with the same squad statuses are pulling in?

I agree. Ashley Young, who is currently on around £60,000 p/w has one year left to run on his contract and I want to tie him to a new deal - he wants £120,000 p/w.

Not that unrealistic considering it's a free transfer. Any team can sign him for free so you're going to need to offer him a lot. Like Joe Cole is getting £90,000 or so and I'd say Ashley Young would get more due to age and recent performance. And that's a large club in Liverpool, I imagine he would've wanted more to go to a mid-table team.

I think wages are simply too tied into the player and clubs rep, and doesn't appear to take into account the current contract a player is on

But that's just an observation and I can't say with complete certainty

Though, one way to test this I suppose would be to use FMRTE to max your clubs rep, process a couple of days or a week, and see if anything changes with players and agents demands

Archived