Does FM 2011 work on a 64 bit oporating system?

As it says really. I have 2 PCs at rpesent - and older single core machine running XP and a newer dual laptaop running W7 (though thats the wifes really). Both run 32 bit OS.

however, Im looking at replacing my Desktop (well not replacing - it will be relegated to my music - as in music recording - PC), and the ones Im looking at are all quad core, W7 machines with 64 bit processor/OS. Cant find any info on the gamne box ref 32/64 OSs.

Also - if it will, will all my old games? or just newer ones? I dont play too much as Im getting on (43 :( ), mainly Fm11, Civilisation iv (looking at getting 5 though), Total War (medievel 2 at present) and Eve Online.

so - will getting the new Laptop mean I cant run Fm11, or indeed any of the games listed. Any help appreciated.

The 32-bit games work just fine on 64-bit W7. Haven't encountered a single one that wouldn't work.

Quote from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/32-bit-and-64-bit-Windows-frequently-asked-questions

"Q: Can I run 32-bit programs on a 64-bit computer?

A: Most programs designed for the 32-bit version of Windows will work on the 64-bit version of Windows. Notable exceptions are many antivirus programs."

• 1 year later...

Archived