ANOTHER Transfer issue???

all seems pretty legit to me...

its barcelona they can spend that kind of money and still be able to pay the bills and really its only 2 first team strikers they have bought whom will possibly become back ups the others are development players, look at man city how many strikers have they got on the books that could walk into basically any team? these things happen in football

Sending Maxwell out on loan gives them some more space in their wage budget. Also, what makes you say Llorente will never be sold for that money? He might have been near the end of a contract he did not wish to renew, thus the club decided to cash in on him while they still could. I'm seriously getting annoyed with these "unrealistic transfer" topics.. Look at van Nistelrooy or Huntelaar in real-life.. Or even Ibrahimovic for 24 million, which considering the way he plays seems like a bargain.

all seems pretty legit to me...

its barcelona they can spend that kind of money and still be able to pay the bills and really its only 2 first team strikers they have bought whom will possibly become back ups the others are development players, look at man city how many strikers have they got on the books that could walk into basically any team? these things happen in football

You mean the same Barcelona who have just discovered 100's of millions of euros debt and have cancelled plans to refurb Camp Nou because they are skint? No, they don't have this money and for a club that traditionally plays 1 striker they are never going to need that many.

I'll admit that the transfer model is clearly one of the toughest parts of the game to get right, but atm it is way off base. This is just one of the flaws.

its not just this example, other teams are stockpiling in positions they really don't need, its not right.

And using Man City as an example of realism or of Si getting this right really doesn't wash. They are an anomaly.

Yeah it seems that the AI teams are buying extra players when they already have adequate cover for that area. They need to think about their needs a bit before showing the cash. But then I think irl clubs do buy players they don't really need as well. So it should happen in FM sometimes.

Yeah it seems that the AI teams are buying extra players when they already have adequate cover for that area. They need to think about their needs a bit before showing the cash. But then I think irl clubs do buy players they don't really need as well. So it should happen in FM sometimes.

Sometimes being the operative word. Its happening with frustrating regularity.

Archived