sherica- 4-3-3. plug and play, no tweaks needed!!

*****************UPDATED WITH VERSION 3 TACTIC*****************

111points, 123 goals, unbeaten at Home for 4 seasons and running. what more can you ask for!!

[tableeq.jpg

Indivdual Position Attribute Analysis

I will be using 1 "World Class" player for each position to emphasize the type of player required.

GOALKEEPER

Goalkeeping

Aerial Abilty

Handling

Reflexes

Mental

Concentration

Positioning

Bravery

Physical

Agility

Jumping

gk2i.th.jpg

Only one important point to note, the GK in this tactic does not require good distribution(kicking/throwing) stats because the distribution is set to defender collect to build up play from the back.The GK always end up with the highest passing completion rate since he just roll the ball in front for the defenders.

CENTER-BACK

Technical

Heading

Marking

Tackling

Mental

Concentration

Positioning

Bravery

Physical

Jumping

Balance

Strength

cb2o.th.jpg

Passing is not very important since they have very little creative freedom and play short passing. The CB will quickly release the ball to the midfield trio. Pace/Acceleration is a bonus since tight marking is on but is not essential.

FULLBACK

Technical

Marking

Tackling

Mental

Aggression

Anticipation

Concentration

Positioning

Work-rate

Physical

Stamina

Pace

Acceleration

fb1s.th.jpg

A real work horse in the team. You will notice that your FB will struggle to complete 90mins with low stamina. Dribbling and Crossing is not a must unlike your usual modern FB since their primary role is to run a lot, marking and tackling player.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Continued from 1st post...

Indivdual Position Attribute Analysis

I will be using 1 "World Class" player for each position to emphasize the type of player required.

ANCHOR MAN

Technical

Marking

Tackling

Mental

Anticipation

Determination

Concentration

Positioning

Teamwork

Work-rate

Physical

Stamina

dm1q.th.jpg

Those listed are the most important attributes. Heading/Passing/Creativity are good bonus too. Although his sole job is to sit in front of the back 4 to break up play. He does provide some assists once in awhile.

CENTER MIDFIELDER

Technical

Dribbling

Passing

Technique

Mental

Creativity

Anticipation

Teamwork

Physical

Stamina

cm1.th.jpg

Notice both the CM are on exactly the same instruction. So the only way to play them differently is the type of CM you chose to play in this position. Primarily the CM role is to provide the bullets for the 3 strikers in front of them. But since we are not playing any Wingers in the wide position they will need to do maximum closing down all over the pitch. We are looking at 3 different kind of CM players here...

1st - The "Playmaker" They are the best in providing defense splitting through balls for the strikers but they tend to suffer in every other department. (Xavi, Pirlo and Alonso etc)

2nd - The "Dynamic Powerhouse" They seems to be able to do everything that a CM required, only that they don't excel in any. Most of these type of players have high teamwork and work-rate which is good for closing down the whole pitch. (The Sissoko's and The Diarra's)

3rd - The "Speed Demon" They are fast, pacey, like to take players on and full of flair. Most of them possess either good passing or finishing as well. They turn the CM position into a very attacking role, which means your defense in the middle of the park is gonna suffer more compare to the other 2. (Messi, Pastore, Ozil and Hazard etc)

So how do you decide among these 3 kind if CM role to play?? To be honest, all 3 roles can excel here but you need to strike a balance within the trio of midfielders (including the ANCHOR MAN). For example if you ANCHOR MAN is good passing you can probably skip the "Playmaker" role. Even 3 "Dynamic Powerhouse" can do the job as well. It really depend on the flow of the game, bring on the attacking CM if you are losing the game and substitute in the more defensive type of player if you are protecting your lead.

RIGHT STRIKER

Technical

Dribbling

Finishing

Passing

Technique

Mental

Anticipation

Decision

Off The Ball

Physical

Pace

Acceleration

cf1m.th.jpg

Arguably the most important player in the team. He usually scores a lot and assists the most(YES! Assists as well) With NO creative freedom but "Often" on Through Ball. Contradicting? YES Effective? YES. With 0 creative freedom he will just finishes his chance presented either by his 2 striking partners or from the midfield. If he receive the ball while he is not in front of the goal mouth he can choose to take on players or pass a simple through ball to whoever is available. With Wide Play set as "Move Into Channel" expect him to be in very valuable position. Combine these instructions and it works like a dream!

CENTER STRIKER

Technical

Finishing

Heading

Technique

Mental

Off The Ball

Composure

Physical

Jumping

Balance

Strength

st1b.th.jpg

The exact opposite of your Right striker. He roams around, drop deep and make sudden run from deeper position. But with max creative freedom. why? Because he need to hold up ball and lay it off to his teammates or when he is in deeper position he will thread a pass or make some crosses.

LEFT STRIKER

Technical

Dribbling

Finishing

Passing

Mental

Flair

Off The Ball

Teamwork

Physical

Stamina

Pace

Acceleration

Mainly he is here to make the other 2 strikers look good. He act as a decoy to pull the opposite team anchor man, fullback and probably center back out of position. He does score occasionally but play your two best strikers in the other 2 striking role and fill up this role with your remaining striking option. But there's no harm playing a good striker here if you can afford it, the whole attacking trio will be more deadly.

Link for version 2 http://www.mediafire.com/?46mo1d3dk1wsmbx

Link for version 2.1 http://www.mediafire.com/?56slna4z2addeja

Link for version 3 http://www.mediafire.com/?sp1umaknrm7uct4

This looks alot like Mr. Houghs tactic for FM10.

I have tried to use it for FM11 with mixed success.

Then I found another similar and had great success with it, but it was in the "old" version.

This could be my way back to success and I'm going to try it out.

I'm playing Wrexham in BSP and just entered February in my 1st season (I'm nr. 2 in the league)

Seems to work wondes for my Leeds team...utterly smashing teams at the moment...will test more.

good to hear that. hope you continue smashing team, waiting for your positve feedback!

Sherica - Is there any chance you can give a detailed list of attributes needed for each position? cause this is the kind of tactic i would like to use long-term. Thanks

im trying to sort out my screenshots first, i think they are too big. yes im giving a more detailed analysis soon.

Tottenham sacked me...i caused a stir by taking a lower league job (Notts Forest) ...20th in league...and your tactics turned it all around for me ... Thankyou :)

oh my, at first i thought you got sacked. welcome!!

Very good results so far!

Thanks Sherica.

By the way have you tweaked offensive corners set-piece instructions? Maybe that could help in the long-run.

i believe set pieces is very much to individual tinkering. for now im not conceding a lot from set pieces and im scoring above the average division goals scored from set pieces. but i feel there's still room for improvement.

stay tuned for my detailed analysis. in the mean time i welcome any feedback!! thanks xD

Still haven't tested it long enough to really give a valuable feedback, but there's something in the tactic I find really strange: you suggested to use a target man for the central attacking role (strong player with good heading etc), and a fast one for the right attack spot. Fact is the central attacker is set as support role, with free movement on and high creative freedom, while the right attacker is set at zero creative freedom... Doesn't really make much sense, as the players who are able to give good performances with high creative freedom - and those who have an high value in free role stat - usually are the fast strikers, while the target ones rarely even have points in free role...

As such, using as example my Sampdoria team, wouldn't it make more sense to use Cassano in the central attacking role and Pazzini on the right, instead of the opposite as one would understand from your suggestions?

This tactic looks a lot like this one for fm 10.3 http://www.multiupload.com/YSWUK7VN8C (Megauplaod link working)...

I don't remember who made it but I doubt it is sherica-

Hi there. this tactic link you posted belong to Mr Hough. If you have been a avid follower of Mr Hough tactic since FM10 you will know that this tactic is the FIRST tactic he created for FM10, you should also know that after he created this tactic he went on to create 2 to 3 more tactic for FM10 which he feel its better. this are the other two tactic...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/226882-Mr-Hough-Winger-10.3?highlight=Hough Using winger, i dont use wingers

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/219027-Mr-Hough-4-1-2-1-2-Tactic-10.3?highlight=Hough 2strikers but i play with 3 strikers.

I believe Mr Hough have his own reason for discarding his original tactic. But since this tactic have bought me unparalleled success in FM10(so i stick with it), Moreover i have tweaked the tactic heavily myself that probably the only "Mr Hough" remnants left from the original tactic is the shape of the team. My thread is for all to see here, including Mr Hough who by the way have created another tactic for FM11, heres the link...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/237392-Mr-Hough-s-Tactics-FM11-Patch-11.1-Sneak-Peek

does it look anything like mine??

P.S Mr Hough if you reading my thread and feel offended in any way feel free to let me know. i will remove this thread for good =)

its 5am here now. detailed analysis coming up after my sleep ^^

this tactic might start out a bit shaky. i mean i am milan and i lost to wolves for cryin out loud !

once season starts this tactic works really well, esp in home games.

i was a bit frustrated initially as i was letting in goals and even worse, late goals.

e.g. leading Chievo 3-1 and they score 2 in last ten mins to make it 3-3. Milan has a good squad and i baught new fullbacks as it is.

the tactic starts at the usual overload setting. I started changing it to counter after i scored a goal against a big team or a better team.

it worked a bit. But you cant stay at counter forever coz its as if AI figures out the tactic and always manages to score one which usualy results in a draw.

Unless you are madrid/barca/man city... i believe you'll have to judge when to go a gear down or to push back a gear up.

In 7 games out of ten this gets me an early goal and once i get a better squad i assume the results will be better.

Robinho/Ibra/Pirlo/Nesta do really well on this.

Okay guys, i have edited my opening 2 posts, its updated with the Individual Players Attributes required for each position in the formation of this tactic and it comes with players screenshots for easier reference. I've also rearranged all my previous screenshots to make them neater and more presentable as well.

Link for the tactic http://www.mediafire.com/?w4gaklbjbkrzn49

hope to receive more feedback!!

which pitch size do u use ?

i always choose "Use Current Pitch" Size regardless the length or width. cause i feel the team is more comfortable playing with the old pitch size. the only time i alter the pitch size in FM10. it backfired badly.

this tactic might start out a bit shaky. i mean i am milan and i lost to wolves for cryin out loud !

once season starts this tactic works really well, esp in home games.

i was a bit frustrated initially as i was letting in goals and even worse, late goals.

e.g. leading Chievo 3-1 and they score 2 in last ten mins to make it 3-3. Milan has a good squad and i baught new fullbacks as it is.

the tactic starts at the usual overload setting. I started changing it to counter after i scored a goal against a big team or a better team.

it worked a bit. But you cant stay at counter forever coz its as if AI figures out the tactic and always manages to score one which usualy results in a draw.

Unless you are madrid/barca/man city... i believe you'll have to judge when to go a gear down or to push back a gear up.

In 7 games out of ten this gets me an early goal and once i get a better squad i assume the results will be better.

Robinho/Ibra/Pirlo/Nesta do really well on this.

thanks for your feedback. When protecting a slender lead nearing the end of the match you should change it from "Overload" to Standard/Defensive/Contain whichever you deem fit. Remember to substitute out all the tired players with condition >75%(especially the FB and ST) as well. hope it gets better for you!

In my 2nd season after getting Leeds promoted to the Premiership by winning the Championship by 12 points and got to the semi-finals of the FA Cup only to get narrowly beat by Man City.

4 games into the Premiership and I have won 3 drawn 1.

I spent my entire £30 million transfer budget on a DM and 2 quality MC's and have 4 loan players for strikers/defenders who are better than what I have...this tactic is by far the best tactic for FM11 so far...

Great results so far in my Sunderland save but it's still early days, will update you after the end of my first season :)

hope to hear from you soon!

In my 2nd season after getting Leeds promoted to the Premiership by winning the Championship by 12 points and got to the semi-finals of the FA Cup only to get narrowly beat by Man City.

4 games into the Premiership and I have won 3 drawn 1.

I spent my entire £30 million transfer budget on a DM and 2 quality MC's and have 4 loan players for strikers/defenders who are better than what I have...this tactic is by far the best tactic for FM11 so far...

thanks for your feedback . hope you continue to have success with Leeds Utd using this tactic.

what about pitch size? And what do you do when you have to control a game or you are against a stronger team?

i always choose "Use Current Pitch" Size regardless the length or width. cause i feel the team is more comfortable playing with the old pitch size. the only time i alter the pitch size in FM10. it backfired badly.

regardless who im facing i dont change my starting tactic. unless im protecting a 1 goal lead i will change it from "Overload" to Standard, Defensive or Contain in 80+ minutes.

Very good tactic, had awesome results so far. Even that good that I'm almost wondering if you found an exploit in the game. It seems to work with big teams and small teams, regardless of how good the players are. I practically play anyone on my SCL (because of a lack of strikers) and they ALWAYS do good.

Nonetheless it gets me my results, and I'm very happy with it :) Only thing is though, is it necessary to always use 'overload' as a start? My players are exhausted after one half.

Keep up the good work!

Very good tactic, had awesome results so far. Even that good that I'm almost wondering if you found an exploit in the game. It seems to work with big teams and small teams, regardless of how good the players are. I practically play anyone on my SCL (because of a lack of strikers) and they ALWAYS do good.

Nonetheless it gets me my results, and I'm very happy with it :) Only thing is though, is it necessary to always use 'overload' as a start? My players are exhausted after one half.

Keep up the good work!

frankly that's wad i did when im lacking striker for the left striker position as well. haha.

yes. overload is a must. try to train up your players Stamina using ITF (Individual Training Focus ). only change "Overload" to something more defensive when you are protecting a lead.

it's the mr hough tactic from fm 2010

i already close this case in the previous post. so move on~

Great tactic for my West Ham United save so far. After 22 games i`m 3rd in Premier League (season 2014). Beat Chelsea 4-0 home and Man Utd 4-1 the week after. Will come with an upated report when season ending.

One question Sherica....when playing away...you always using Very Fluid whatever opponents or do you for example use Fluid or Balanced ?

Great tactic for my West Ham United save so far. After 22 games i`m 3rd in Premier League (season 2014). Beat Chelsea 4-0 home and Man Utd 4-1 the week after. Will come with an upated report when season ending.

One question Sherica....when playing away...you always using Very Fluid whatever opponents or do you for example use Fluid or Balanced ?

great result against Chelsea and Man Utd! Yes i use Very Fluid regardless the opponents, because that's the way the tactic should be.

• 2 weeks later...

Worked brilliantly for me on my Glentoran save. Won the league 1st season and got through the qualifying rounds of the CL the next year to qualify for the group stage. Amazing!

In my Everton save I've been having mixed results. First season and I am 7th in March. I'm strong at home but struggling away. I still seem to create as many CCCs as the opposition when playing away from home, just my strikers can't score, so maybe the problem lies with them and not with the tactic. I am playing with Yakubu, Saha and Beckford up front which is not the best attacking trio. I will let you know how I get on after bringing a couple of new strikers in the Summer.

I'll repeat what I said earlier, this tactic is simply wonderful!!! I won the EPL in the first season back in it with Leeds and I won it again in the 2nd season in the Premiership AND won the Champions League!!!

Having now 3 seasons in the Premiership and Champions League money I have bought quality DM's, DC's, MC's and ST's and am literally destroying teams.

This tactic will give you moderate success with your team but woth that success may give you money which means you can improve your team! And thus get better!!!

This is a plug n play tactic, simply follow the advice, get the right players in the positions and away you go!!!!

My strikers are Shevchenko (37), Drogba (36) and Connor Wickham (19) with a backup of Kerrison and Guillherme and they score bucket loads...

Worked brilliantly for me on my Glentoran save. Won the league 1st season and got through the qualifying rounds of the CL the next year to qualify for the group stage. Amazing!

In my Everton save I've been having mixed results. First season and I am 7th in March. I'm strong at home but struggling away. I still seem to create as many CCCs as the opposition when playing away from home, just my strikers can't score, so maybe the problem lies with them and not with the tactic. I am playing with Yakubu, Saha and Beckford up front which is not the best attacking trio. I will let you know how I get on after bringing a couple of new strikers in the Summer.

Who are you two MC's??? I find these are more important than your strikers...

I'll repeat what I said earlier, this tactic is simply wonderful!!! I won the EPL in the first season back in it with Leeds and I won it again in the 2nd season in the Premiership AND won the Champions League!!!

Having now 3 seasons in the Premiership and Champions League money I have bought quality DM's, DC's, MC's and ST's and am literally destroying teams.

This tactic will give you moderate success with your team but woth that success may give you money which means you can improve your team! And thus get better!!!

This is a plug n play tactic, simply follow the advice, get the right players in the positions and away you go!!!!

My strikers are Shevchenko (37), Drogba (36) and Connor Wickham (19) with a backup of Kerrison and Guillherme and they score bucket loads...

im amazed by what you have achieved as well. especially with that duo of Shevy and Drogba. At their peak of course they are top top strikers but both of them being 37/36 respectively i applaud you for continuing their legendary careers.

Fellaini behind Cahill and Arteta. The strongest area of the team definitely.

Just a suggestion. You might want to try playing Cahill upfront, he was pretty lethal playing in the Center Striker role back in my demo save. i would even throw Fellaini upfront for a few games and see how he fare. Also draft Rodwell into the starting 11. Rodwell should be very capable of playing in any of the CM/DM role.

I'll be uploading an updated version of this tactic soon, with several changes to the set piece instructions. Right now im scoring well above the league average goals scored from set pieces and also conceding lesser from set pieces. hopefully this will make the tactic to be overall more solid.

CENTER MIDFIELDER

Technical

Dribbling

Passing

Technique

Mental

Creativity

Anticipation

Teamwork

Physical

Stamina

cm1.th.jpg

Notice both the CM are on exactly the same instruction. So the only way to play them differently is the type of CM you chose to play in this position. Primarily the CM role is to provide the bullets for the 3 strikers in front of them. But since we are not playing any Wingers in the wide position they will need to do maximum closing down all over the pitch. We are looking at 3 different kind of CM players here...

1st - The "Playmaker" They are the best in providing defense splitting through balls for the strikers but they tend to suffer in every other department. (Xavi, Pirlo and Alonso etc)

2nd - The "Dynamic Powerhouse" They seems to be able to do everything that a CM required, only that they don't excel in any. Most of these type of players have high teamwork and work-rate which is good for closing down the whole pitch. (The Sissoko's and The Diarra's)

3rd - The "Speed Demon" They are fast, pacey, like to take players on and full of flair. Most of them possess either good passing or finishing as well. They turn the CM position into a very attacking role, which means your defense in the middle of the park is gonna suffer more compare to the other 2. (Messi, Pastore, Ozil and Hazard etc)

So how do you decide among these 3 kind if CM role to play?? To be honest, all 3 roles can excel here but you need to strike a balance within the trio of midfielders (including the ANCHOR MAN). For example if you ANCHOR MAN is good passing you can probably skip the "Playmaker" role. Even 3 "Dynamic Powerhouse" can do the job as well. It really depend on the flow of the game, bring on the attacking CM if you are losing the game and substitute in the more defensive type of player if you are protecting your lead.

I dont understand how to set up the CM, I'm Barca.. So i have Xavi and co, so do I set them up or leave it how it is?

Thanks sherica for your tactic, will test it with a lower team. (RC Strasbourg from third division in france). Had a lot of success with similar tactic in fm 2010. Hope it will be the same with it.

Just few questions. Which training do you use? And which preparation of match?

Thanks again deer

Ill give this a real try on my Liverpool save. Almost done with the first season and i have played 5 matches with this tactic so far. Its pretty much the same results ive had with a lot of different tactics so far in FM11, very good at home and unstable at best away..

3 wins at home so far. 3-0, 3-1 & 2-0.

2 defeats away so far. 0-1 & 0-4! 0-1 defeat was against City, and i was the better team. However my strikers doesnt have a clue when playing away. 0-4 was against Arsenal.

Looking forward to testing this for real when the next season starts. The team will know the tactic well and im hopefully able to buy a few quality players, which my Liverpool squad lacks atm(except Reina, Gerrard, Torres & Rossi).

Thanks sherica for your tactic, will test it with a lower team. (RC Strasbourg from third division in france). Had a lot of success with similar tactic in fm 2010. Hope it will be the same with it.

Just few questions. Which training do you use? And which preparation of match?

Thanks again deer

im using my own training schedules. i always start with Team Blend from Pre-season to around 10matches(in all competition) into the season or at least until every department reach around 60%.

after that, for 4-6 matches i switch around randomly in every other department. once i reach around 75% in all areas, i set it at "Very Low" for the players to concentrate in their training.

Ill give this a real try on my Liverpool save. Almost done with the first season and i have played 5 matches with this tactic so far. Its pretty much the same results ive had with a lot of different tactics so far in FM11, very good at home and unstable at best away..

3 wins at home so far. 3-0, 3-1 & 2-0.

2 defeats away so far. 0-1 & 0-4! 0-1 defeat was against City, and i was the better team. However my strikers doesnt have a clue when playing away. 0-4 was against Arsenal.

Looking forward to testing this for real when the next season starts. The team will know the tactic well and im hopefully able to buy a few quality players, which my Liverpool squad lacks atm(except Reina, Gerrard, Torres & Rossi).

hopefully you can give yourself and this tactic a chance and test it longer before switch to another tactic. with the right players in each position and after the team blend im very confident it will work.

well ive got 2 teams to test this with, my Barcelona side and my Prem Barnsley side

after getting promoted in my 2nd season with Barnsley I feel I may need a tactical change to help keep me there

shall update after a few games

waiting for your positive feedback :)

I'll be uploading an updated version of this tactic soon, with several changes to the set piece instructions. Right now im scoring well above the league average goals scored from set pieces and also conceding lesser from set pieces. hopefully this will make the tactic to be overall more solid.

That is my only concern with this tactic, conceding from set pieces...

ok here my first few results with it

Barcelona:

Athletic (A) - lost 3-2

Wisla (H) in champions league - won 6-0

Espanyol (H) - won 1-0

Guadalajara (H) in spanish cup - won 9-0

Levante (A) - won 3-1

Deportivo (H) - won 3-1

Koln (H) in champions league - won 3-1

Barnsley:

Chelsea (H) - lost 2-0

Wolves (A) - won 3-2

Birminghan (A) - won 2-0

Cardiff (H) - won 6-1

Liverpool (A) - lost 4-1

Sunderland (A) - won 4-1

So as you can see its a fairly useful tactic, im going to use it abit more, definately with Barcelona and its getting more from my Barnsley team

**************UPDATED TACTIC WITH NEW SET PIECE INSTRUCTIONS***************

The Formation

formationj.jpg

My Manager Career Stats so far. i have taken over as the Manager of an ailing Arsenal side after 4 very successful seasons with my beloved Napoli team. and of course Im continuing to win with them!

manager.jpg

Goals from Corner

cornerf.jpg

Goals from IFK

ifk0.jpg

Okay guys its here! After some tweaking to the team set piece instruction, hopefully the team overall performances during set piece situation becomes better.

I'm a big fans of attacking football, so i would advise you guys to set Match Preparation to "Attacking Set Pieces" to fully exploit the effectiveness of this instructions! Defensively it should not be too shabby as well. REMEMBER to play you faster striker in the RIGHT STRIKER POSITION. he will be the main outlet for counter attacking during set pieces.

Link for version 2 http://www.mediafire.com/?46mo1d3dk1wsmbx

Link for version 2.1 http://www.mediafire.com/?56slna4z2addeja

Archived