A Proposed Fix To The AI And Transfers

I don't think anyone would argue with me when I say the transfer system in FM11 and on most every previous initiation is broken. The AI never buy players that fit their formation. I've seen countless times when teams buy a player for big money and then play that player twice a season. They just seem to buy whoever takes their fancy.

My fix for this would be that the ai should be coded to have a squad with 11 first teamers and a replacement for each of those that fit their style of play and a few promising youngsters. Then the ai would only spend money on improving on first teamers or making sure they have enough back up players and on youth.

I can't imagine this would be hard to implement and tbh am shocked it wasn't in place years ago.

In a away I agree, and AI team selection and transfer policies should be a major thing to update in every addition of the game

I think transfer policies towards youth has improved this year, and can't really say about for increasing their squad (though, it doesn't look that promising)

However, AI squad selection (especially in cups) is simply awful in FM11 and seriously needs looking at

Archived