Easy!!!

I don't think this years FM is easy. Try telling that to my Nottingham Forest Squad in the first season as we were top of the Championship and clear by 10 points in February but then rotten run of form of 13 points from 49 cost us automatic and I finished in the play-offs. As we know Forest don't do well in play-offs. I was baffled as well as I didn't know why my tactics wouldn't work. Oh well that's why I like FM :D.

I don't find this year's easy at all. I find it trickier to do. Till I started reading about how to do the tactics for FM2010 I was still doing ok, winning the majority of my games, but this one I find harder but I think that's a good thing because it's more of a challenge. I think it becomes boring if it's easy or too easy to do. In FM2010 I actually was getting a wee bit bored because I was winning everything LOL I think once I win anything in this one it will feel like a bigger achievement.

Its not that its easy, its that its inconsistent and just feels off at times. You seem to go on runs in this years version. I go on 6 or 7 game winning streaks, lose 1 game, then start losing or drawing the next 4 or 5 games. There are games that you lose too much weaker opposition, no matter what you do.

I think we need 1 or 2 more patches before the ME and AI make any sense in this game

I don't think this year's is easier. I think the match engine is a bit buggy in places which makes it more difficult to read what's going on on the pitch with your team.

As always, though, once you have got this knowledge about how the mechanics of the game work, you can create tactics to beat/exploit the weaknesses in the match engine. (Not saying that you have done this though!)

Its not that its easy, its that its inconsistent and just feels off at times. You seem to go on runs in this years version. I go on 6 or 7 game winning streaks, lose 1 game, then start losing or drawing the next 4 or 5 games. There are games that you lose too much weaker opposition, no matter what you do.

I think we need 1 or 2 more patches before the ME and AI make any sense in this game

the ME makes a lot of sense, its easy to read where you are going wrong, certainly better than last year, its not perfect but its the best ME ive seen in FM

You see that's where I disagree, FM10 had a much better ME imo, as for this years version being easy, well I am finding it harder than any version yet, I just can't seem to get a settled tactic. Saying that it's nice to have a challenge and not just win the league in the 1st season going unbeaten with Blackpool or the like which was far too easy to do in the last few versions.

Id agree with no money whatsoever I won the scottish league with a team outside the old firm in the second season. Considering the last 30 years results it should be nearly impossible for any non old firm team to win the league.

May I ask who you were?

I think that if you know well the previous series you have lot of " bonuses " that noob miss.

These " bonuses " may play a huge role within FM, so expert players reach good results thousands light years before than noobs.

Like in real life BTW :)

Archived