Red card every game

What the hell is wrong with this game.. sorry if Im a little pist right now, but in the last 8 games ive played ive gotten red cards.. an I dont play strict and its not even the normale players that are a little dirty in their playing style.. no it every one.. 8 games and 10 red cards! 10! ..

Surely this i a bug of some sort.. iv played FM for many years, and sad to say I always use the same tatics..

Anyone else having this problem??

Nope.. somtimes i do, but i always check what he says, and changes it if he sugest going in hard on somebody.. and now i have problems with my players, whose unhappy at the lach of discipline.. these tackles are insane, and the last 5 times i have fined the player for 2 weeks pay, they accept , but nothing changes.. very very frustrating..

it is definitely worth looking at your players PPM's and your overall tactics, i had the exact same issue, i finished season one with 31 red cards, changed alot, told the players to stop diving in etc as a PPM and in feb on season 2 and i have not had a single red yet, i dont feel its a bug as there are reasons why it happens and if you adjust these things it doesnt happen

ahh well i dont actually have that option.. checked all of the players that has gotten a red, and only one had a problem where he often argued with officials.. but beside that, I cant do anything ..

(I asume that with prefered player movements , you refer to the options of interacting with them, and then have a chat about disciplin training right? :) )

same problem even games between AI have loads of yellow cards and a red most of the time

hmm.. after checking my games, it seems that my oponents has hat loads of red cars as well against me.. fx. last three games - 2 red.. last 10..7 red??

And all of them are direct red cards.. no yellow opfront, but just horror tackles, elbows, etc..

No its not.. ive played this game for over 5 years, and I ALWAYS use the same tactis.. always! i'v checked every thing in my tactics screen, consulted all of my also FM geeky friends, and nothing!.. not a thing, .. And I know that im not the only one with this problem.. Im not some noob with FM, and I know what im doing... oh and please explain the statistics iv just mentioned with other teams in my game and their amount of cards.. is their problem also tactics??

Every time I set the instruction "Get Stuck In" I get a hell of a lot of bookings and usually (8 times out of 10) there is also a red.

I even had one game where I had both strikers sent off in first half.

I am probably the dirtiest team in the world at the moment lol ...

This is probably the worst and most annoying bug in the whole game... and for those who may say i'm over reacting...

fmyellowred.jpg

And this is just an example

I don't use the advice from my assistant manager (as he always tell to tackle hard) and i'm not even using normal tackling either. Now imagine what would have happened on that match if i had used normal instead of "soft" tackle...

Also, in previous matches i've been getting yellow cards as if it was a battle instead of a match and the stupid thing is that the opposition team usually gets yellow cards spared from their players. SI, fix this problem because it really is annoying... after 7 weeks i have already several players risking getting suspended due to yellow cards...

This is probably the worst and most annoying bug in the whole game... and for those who may say i'm over reacting...

fmyellowred.jpg

And this is just an example

I don't use the advice from my assistant manager (as he always tell to tackle hard) and i'm not even using normal tackling either. Now imagine what would have happened on that match if i had used normal instead of "soft" tackle...

Also, in previous matches i've been getting yellow cards as if it was a battle instead of a match and the stupid thing is that the opposition team usually gets yellow cards spared from their players. SI, fix this problem because it really is annoying... after 7 weeks i have already several players risking getting suspended due to yellow cards...

EXACTLY! this is a typical screen for my game as well... a **** loads of yellows and minimum 2 red.. if thats not at bug with the ref being to hard or the players being to rough then I dont know what it is..

I can't believe there's no response from SI yet about this issue. They released a patch on the day of release because Liverpool had a takeover (*sarcasm mode: on* wohoo, big deal... no one could play the game without that update *sarcasm mode: off*) but now that they have a huge problem going on they released patch 11.1.1 that solves... absolutely nothing... smart move.

I can't believe there's no response from SI yet about this issue. They released a patch on the day of release because Liverpool had a takeover (*sarcasm mode: on* wohoo, big deal... no one could play the game without that update *sarcasm mode: off*) but now that they have a huge problem going on they released patch 11.1.1 that solves... absolutely nothing... smart move.

They always release a patch on the day of release, to clean up all the late transfers, sackings, etc. that happen around Sept. 30th. Check it out seriously.

Have you ever considered that it's your tactics. The style I play for the last few versions has left me averaging about 5 yellows a match (though only about 4 reds a season, mainly from coming down like a ton of bricks on anyone sent off), and I accept it as I know the way I like my teams playing leave defenders short at the back and vulnerable to taking stupid risks. I developed a more defensive tactic last year and my card numbers actually fell due to having more cover, thus less risky tackling.

OK, I have set my tactics on "soft" tackle and I've been getting Armageddon on my field and you're telling me i should review my tactics? Is there a granny option on tackling now?

Also, have you at least take a look around the forums? I'm not the only one with this problem and also, i was being sarcastic when I mentioned the patch on release day... damn you internet for not making that clear.. I would rather have a game that wasn't up-to-date with all the transfers but was almost bug free than have all the players in their correct clubs and not be able to enjoy the game due to it's flaws...

Once again I'm going to repeat myself... my tackling style is the less intrusive there is, i don't ask for my assistant opinion before the games, i don't man mark, i just play an attacking style (which in FM 2010 resulted in an average of 6 committed fouls per game but in FM 2011 results in a complete war on the pitch). Also, someone posted on another topic something that can almost explain what is happening in my game. While the opponent team can make several fouls before they get a second yellow card (sometimes it takes them several hard tackles to even get the first one) it only takes one foul for my players to get a yellow card and most of the time it's not even a dangerous situation like a counter...

The style I play for the last few versions has left me averaging about 5 yellows a match (though only about 4 reds a season, mainly from coming down like a ton of bricks on anyone sent off), and I accept it as I know the way I like my teams playing leave defenders short at the back and vulnerable to taking stupid risks. I developed a more defensive tactic last year and my card numbers actually fell due to having more cover, thus less risky tackling.

You wanna know something that's stupid? My attackers are getting as many yellow and reds as my defenders... how do you explain that? And once again, it's not because of the tackling style or the assistant instructions...

I've just done a check on my game and, although I am not disputing your claims, the worst team for red cards in the league has had an average of 1 red card every 4 games and a the worst team for yellow cards has had an average of 2 Yellow cards per game.

My own teams stats are 1.7 yellows per game and 2 reds in 27 games. I have my AI do the Opposition Instructions and my tackling is on normal. Not seeing an issue in my game.

Also remember that there are probably many more players of FM not on these forums reporting that they have no issues than there are players complaining.

On checking the English Premiership stats so far this season Arsenal have an average of 1 red every 3 games and 2 yellows per game. Maybe Arsene Wenger should complain to the FA that there is a bug in the Premiership!!!!

For me at least the numbers seem about right.

Well, he shouldn't complain to FA because if he only has 2 yellow per game that's pretty good...

And I'm not even complaining because my defenders are getting yellow cards, as that is to be expected to those that play there, but more because i'm getting my forwards getting into a card spree. What I have also noticed is that almost all that play with a team on premier league don't suffer from this problem but, from what i could tell, those that play in Italian and Spanish leagues all have this problem. Don't know if it's because of the programing that's been done with the referees on those specific leagues but one thing is for sure, getting an average of 8 yellow cards per game isn't normal in my book.

EDIT: Here's a litle screen to prove what I'm trying to say... There's something wrong with this game. Look well and you'll find referees that, in 6 games, have shown 45 times the yellow card. You think that's normal? Do you see that happening in real life?

refcards.jpg

I am inclined to agree that there may be an issue with your game, possibly with the strictness of the refs, as there are a few with an average of above 6 cards per game which even in Italy would seems excessive.

However, I have checked in my game and the worst average for any ref in Serie A is 4 yellows per game. Not too bad but maybe 0.5 to 1 yellow per game too high.

For La Liga it is much the same, possibly a slightly lower average but not by much.

For Scotland the average is around 3 per game with 1 ref nearer 4 per game.

Not sure if there is an issue when using the tactical creator as has been mention on other posts. I have not used it and don't see the issues reported above. Have you? May be if you use it, it somehow effects the discipline of all the players, or the strictness of the refs somehow!

I saw that as well and thought that may have been the problem but went to check and none of my players have hard or even normal tackling.

Btw, your game seems great to me because 4 yellow cards per game is something that could happen in reality, maybe still a little high (around 3/3.5 yellows per match would be ideal) but way better than what's happening on my game. And it's driving me insane lol. Now i have to make subs not based on a player's fitness (ronaldinho usually ends every match that he plays around 50% fitness) but in terms on cards my team has. And there are several candidates, unfortunately, and so few subs :|

Finally the dirty guys from Italy get the cards they deserve :D. Just kidding, although I dislike the style played in Italy. On my save it is one ref in particular that has shown 209 yellows and 13 red cards in just 29 matches. All other refs seem to be fine. If there are more than 1 such refs in a particular league I can see the card frenzy coming - I agree this needs to be looked at for the next patch.

You wanna know something that's stupid? My attackers are getting as many yellow and reds as my defenders... how do you explain that? And once again, it's not because of the tackling style or the assistant instructions...

Easy your attackers are sometimes the nearest defender on a break, and as they can't tackle for peanuts then they are a lot more likely to foul and get cautioned per tackle than your defenders. But if you want to just ignore the problem it won't go away.

This is definitely not tactics since it's not only the games involving the player but also apparently ai games too.

Here is the premier division referee stats after 16/17 games:

refstats1.png

And to show it's not mostly from me, here is the guy with 102 yellows:

refstats2.png

As you can see only 5 of those are from my game with Arsenal, so 97 of those yellows are from AI games.

And finally here is a referee stats list from the bbc website for premiership referees:

refstats3.png

The referees in my game are giving the same or more cards in 10-14 games as they normally would be in like 30 games, if I'm reading that right which I'm not 100% on. I get the feeling I'm missing something there. But if not, then those pictures say a thousand words really.

Anyway just something I noticed and figured I'd mention. Should I be posting this in the bugs forum?

Easy your attackers are sometimes the nearest defender on a break, and as they can't tackle for peanuts then they are a lot more likely to foul and get cautioned per tackle than your defenders. But if you want to just ignore the problem it won't go away.

I like the way you apparently know my tactics better than myself. I have my attackers not only pressing the opposition on my own half as well as softest tackle there is, etc. Also, They are getting yellow cards for stupid things like charging keeper on corners, making a tackle near the other team area (and i'm not even talking about a hard sliding tackle here), etc, while, like i said before, sometimes the opposition go through the whole game lynching my players (at least my medic team spends most of the time running into the field) and the most they get is a yellow card by the 80th minute for a foul on my striker when he is going solo for goal... "Wow, way to go ref, you are my hero"...

And thank you Munimentum for bringing the screeny of the real life stats. That just shows how wrong it is in game right now. There's one ref there that in 2 matches will surpass the ref that showed more cards on real life but having half of the games...

Archived