Managing your Finances ... and questions from someone new to the series!

Cavi

I have a question. This is the first time I've purchased a Football Manager game from this developer. For a long while, I've been playing the EA Sports Fifa Manager games (as far back as 1998 I believe... though it was called something else then).

In those games, you had more control over financial goings-on. You could set ticket prices, season tix prices, take loans, pay back loans early, build stadium additions, build on your groud, etc.

My question, is can we do this in this game? Or is all of this controlled by your staff/chairman?

Please keep in mind I'm new to this particular brand of game :) I started a game with Nottingham Forest and noticed that my club value is around 25m pounds... with club debt of 21m. I was looking for options on the financial screen but it looked as if everything was pretty much locked and I couldn't interact with anything. I figured if I got promoted I would try to pump some money back on that loan, but it looks as if that's not possible.

Also: there's really no way of knowing how good someone is just by looking at your squad list is there? It seems the only option is to go from player sheet to player sheet to learn about the team. In this case I didn't know about the team so I resorted to having my assistant pick a squad and then make changes based on my tactics from that.

Lastly: player searches. Is there no way to search by name/team? The filters are very robust but if I know exactly the player I'm looking for... the filters seem to be useless unless you know every last thing about the player to narrow it down.

I have a question. This is the first time I've purchased a Football Manager game from this developer. For a long while, I've been playing the EA Sports Fifa Manager games (as far back as 1998 I believe... though it was called something else then).

In those games, you had more control over financial goings-on. You could set ticket prices, season tix prices, take loans, pay back loans early, build stadium additions, build on your groud, etc.

My question, is can we do this in this game? Or is all of this controlled by your staff/chairman?

Please keep in mind I'm new to this particular brand of game :) I started a game with Nottingham Forest and noticed that my club value is around 25m pounds... with club debt of 21m. I was looking for options on the financial screen but it looked as if everything was pretty much locked and I couldn't interact with anything. I figured if I got promoted I would try to pump some money back on that loan, but it looks as if that's not possible.

Also: there's really no way of knowing how good someone is just by looking at your squad list is there? It seems the only option is to go from player sheet to player sheet to learn about the team. In this case I didn't know about the team so I resorted to having my assistant pick a squad and then make changes based on my tactics from that.

Lastly: player searches. Is there no way to search by name/team? The filters are very robust but if I know exactly the player I'm looking for... the filters seem to be useless unless you know every last thing about the player to narrow it down.

Not really the thing managers do IRL. So, that is not in the game.

Anyway welcome the real football managment simulation. :thup:

Search function in the top right of the screen, is this what you mean?

Not really the thing managers do IRL. So, that is not in the game.

Anyway welcome the real football managment simulation. :thup:

Ok, then! Too bad, I was looking forward to paying down that loan. But it makes sense!

Search function in the top right of the screen, is this what you mean?

Can that be used for player searches? I was looking in the transfer section, player search, but there was no specific spot for searching by name. Can I use that up there? I figured it was a help thing.

new to this particular brand of game :) I started a game with Nottingham Forest and noticed that my club value is around 25m pounds... with club debt of 21m. I was looking for options on the financial screen but it looked as if everything was pretty much locked and I couldn't interact with anything. I figured if I got promoted I would try to pump some money back on that loan, but it looks as if that's not possible.

1) It happens sometimes but it is out of your control. All done by the board.

2) When in your squad, select "View>Assistant Manager Report". OR select Assistant manager Team report.

Can that be used for player searches? I was looking in the transfer section, player search, but there was no specific spot for searching by name. Can I use that up there? I figured it was a help thing.

Yes .

Since I'm at work, I looked at a screenshot to find that search bar. I'm a dummy /facepalm

Well ok then!

Anyone else have a few tips to enhance the experience? I'm using the mega face pack and the mega huge competition logo pack already... those are fantastic.

Archived