System Requirements

Hi guys

Basically, FM has started running fairly slow on my PC (not just FM11). I was taking a look at the system performance area when you start up a game and I'm struggling to get it to 1-star even when I've only got all of the Scottish and English leagues running. I've taken a look at the back of the box and I've got the required rates needed to play.

At the moment I've got a 3.0Ghz processor and 1gig RAM running Windows XP. Also the PC is somewhere between 6 and 7 years old.

I've been thinking about upgrading to a new PC and the one I've been looking at has 2.8Ghz processor with 6gig RAM and would be running Windows 7.

Obviously, the new PC would give me much more RAM but a lower Processor. Would this new one speed up my game play, and could the fact that my current system is struggling be down to its age?

Thought I'd get some feedback here before buying.

1) Processor aren't dependent on GHz. Newer one is probably a quad (i7??).

This new PC will run FM much better.

Wasn't aware of that. Newer one is an AMD Athalon II X4 (whatever that means :confused: ). The one I'm currently using is an Intel Pentium 4.

Wasn't aware of that. Newer one is an AMD Athalon II X4 (whatever that means :confused: ). The one I'm currently using is an Intel Pentium 4.

Yeah its better. Its a quad core.

BTW which brand is that? And How much??

Why are the giving 6GB when AMD supports Dual Channel.

Yeah its better. Its a quad core.

BTW which brand is that? And How much??

Why are the giving 6GB when AMD supports Dual Channel.

It's a Dell. Costs £629.00 but that's including a monitor. As you can probably tell, I've not got much of a clue about computer hardware so I've no idea why/why not it would come with 6Gb RAM, but that was the highest option available so that's the one I selected.

It's a Dell. Costs £629.00 but that's including a monitor. As you can probably tell, I've not got much of a clue about computer hardware so I've no idea why/why not it would come with 6Gb RAM, but that was the highest option available so that's the one I selected.

Oh Its customized. Select 4GB RAM. Would leave space for future upgrade (upto 8GB).

If you know someone get a assembled one. Can be a lot better for that price.

I'm looking at buying a new laptop as my current one has had it, and I can't play the new game. The one I am eying up is a Dell with the new core i3 processor, 3gig RAM, but it doesn't have a special graphics card, it is a Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD. WIll I still be able to view games in 3d etc does anybody know?

Cheers.

Archived