[FM11] Koflok's Goals Galore 2011

Having a lot of success on FM-Base with 3k+ and counting download in just 1 day of upload, thought I would share my tactic here as well.

GOALS GALORE 2011

(Football Manager 11.1)

Version 5 updated !!! @ 12 January 2011

Read this, please!

If you are just looking for plug and suddenly go 'OMFGNOOBPWND by lower team. Sucks!' or just feels like bashing me around.

GTFO

I assume if you download this tactic you are either willing to tweak as accordingly or accept defeat if you're too lazy-ass to do anything

Read through the first post. You need to know these 3 stuffs before using the tactic

1. The players needed

2. Pre-game Match Preparation

3. Opposition Instructions on Matches

Introduction

Seriously? You're reading this?

You deserve a candy.

The formation

trftaktik.jpg

Current Save: Hercules - 2nd in La Liga, Spanish Cup Champion

tablef.jpg

and my striker, Kadlec has been really sick!

kadlece.jpg

Players information

• Sweeper Keeper : Just put a guy who can throw himself around to make sure no ball is going in into your net
    Wingbacks : Provide the wide play for the team. They will go up and down the field so speed is needed. Being able to cross is a plus
    Attributes: Acceleration, Pace, Work Rate, Marking, Tackling, Crossing
    Right Central Defender : The 'big' strong header one. Usually scores from set play
    Attributes: Jumping, Heading, Strength, Positioning
    Left Central Defender : The partner in crime on the back. Must have speed and anticipation for last-second clearing
    Attributes: Marking, Tackling, Acceleration, Anticipation
    Anchor Man : Sit deep to break down attacks from the opponent
    Attributes: Tackling, Work Rate, Stamina, Marking, Anticipation
    Right Central Midfielder; The Playmaker : Fabregas-like player. Maestro-ing the play from central midfielder. Dribbling to the heart of the defense and provide that flick-ons to the frontman.
    Attributes: Dribbling, Creativity, Passing, Decision, Technique
    Left Central Midfielder; Box to Box : Think Wilshere. An attacking minded midfielder who connects the back to the front and mainly provide simple passes to the front or the playmaker. Also partly responsible to stop attacks up high
    Attributes: Passing, Dribbling, Balance, Creativity, Tackling, Teamwork
    Inside Forwards : Main players of the team. Run past defenders and provide through balls or get behind the defender to receive diagonal passes. Long shot is a major plus. Must be able to finish.
    Attributes: Dribbling, Agility, Flair, Acceleration, Pace, Off the Ball, Passing, Decision, Finishing, Long Shot
    Deep lying Striker : Also a major player Your speedy-agile-balance-crazy-complete striker. Usually run from deep with or without the ball and pass the ball into the net. Heading is a plus. Train him to place shots.
    Attributes: Finishing, Agility, Dribbling, Acceleration and Pace, Anticipation, Composure, Off the Ball, Balance

Match Preparations and Training

Tactic is best applied to the team in the beginning of preseason.

That way they have time to gel with the tactics through training and friendlies.

In the Match Preparation only 1 tactic is on - that is this tactic.

Workload is on (Very High) at least until 'Tactic Familiarity' of 'Current' is at least on 'accomplished' (or better yet Fluid).

and put none in special focus area - unless if you're signing new players use team blend.

That way the tactic is adapted faster to the team. Probably after 2 months or so everything is fluid and you can put it on average with either Attacking Movement or Defensive Positioning as special focus depends on the difficulty of the next match.

matchprep.jpg

Tweakings

1. The default playmaker is the right midfielder. But if you got a very good winger who is the 'star' of your team (Messi in Barcelona, Douglas Costa in my Hercules, for example) - set his role as Advanced Playmaker (Attack) and the right midfielder as Central Midfielder (Support). That way he dribbles with the ball more and more likely to create better chances.
  2. If your wingers and/or right central midfielder got good long shot (16+) and decision attribute, make him long shot on mixed
  3. This is still a hypothesis. But if you got a really good dribbler for your striker. Try making him on 'support' that way he will go deeper and dribble the ball more
  4. Play around with the tempo, width and defensive line. Who knows you might find a better result compared to this default settings

Opposition Instructions credit to mara.sustai @FM-Base. Here (with Bayern conceded 1 per 5 games)

- Tight Marking & Closing Down : Always to

Wingers (LM, RM, AML, AMR) and Attacking Midfielders (AMC)

- Show onto foot

to Inverted wingers - put to the 'wrong' foot. (e.g. Messi cut inside from the right using left foot - show hin onto the right foot)

to players who have 'right only' or 'left-only' preferred foot - put to weaker foot..

Download Goals Galore 2011 v5

and btw USE NARROW (IF PRESENT) OR MINIMUM PITCH SIZE

Older version

- Goals Galore 2011.0 - BETA

Change logs

Drill cross
Normal d-line
More - just a little- time wasting
Mentality defender (like standard mentality)
More Creative freedom wingers
Man marking fullback - no tight
Man marking central defender - tight
Less crossball for winger

Central midf minor tweakings
More attacking fullbacks

4.0 (BETA)
Attacking inside forwards 
New combination of central midfielders (box to box and 'Iniesta-ish' advanced playmaker)
Wingbacks
Defend-Stopper combo on defense
Wider playing style
Other tweakings on team instructions and stuff 

My To-Do List

1. Find consistency especially on away-matches

2. Create a balanced settings for CCC and possession from width, d-line and tempo

3. Individual's mentality and passing style tweakings

4. Give more attacking dimensions especially from wide plays

5. Killing off games against ultra-defensive teams

Creator's Final Comment

First of all thank you for the interest of this just-decent tactic. Appreciate it a lot.

I hope it works out good for you guys.

Make sure to test it a couple games first though, especially since the implementation of match-preparation system.

Feel free to discuss everything in this thread.

I welcome all sorts of constructive comments.

From thank yous, to results, to even constructive criticism.

Again, I encourage you guys to give some tweakings on your own which you think could improve this tactic.

I will definitely take a look at it and apply it if it's successful.

And oh yeah one more thing..

Haters.. go to hell. If you feel just like hating and bash me, leave now.

Kof.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a heads up I'm Koflok, by the way.

Forgot my koflok account's password here

__

Some 'good' results I would like to share. Not that not ALL games are like this obviously.

This two are against rivals - especially Valencia. Manage to got some ammount of CCCs

pict4.th.jpg

These two are some high scoring games I got so far

pict2cn.th.jpg

I could not possibly leave out the two arguably biggest team in Spain and world right now

pict1z.th.jpg

and Hercules in Europe

pict3.th.jpg

__

Older version

BETA version

Change Logs

Drill cross
Normal d-line
More - just a little- time wasting
Mentality defender (like standard mentality)
More Creative freedom wingers
Man marking fullback - no tight
Man marking central defender - tight
Less crossball for winger

Some testimonials from the guys here

i have tried loads' date=' most have worked but then fallen away. the most consistantly good is Koflok's goals galore[/quote']
It is working exactly as I thought. Slick football with good results. Front three and the two cm's are excellent. Bit of trouble getting the right players but over time it will become more efficient with the right ppm's and increased quality
a quick update. im using v3 with Celtic. its only 04/12/10 in my save and im 12 points clear in the league. i got Jo on loan from Man City and he has scored 20 already. I love this tactic

i beat Man Utd 5-0 at Parkhead with Celtic despite going down to 10 men after 2 minutes. im gobsmacked by the result. im tempted to stop playing because i will never top that!!! EVER!!

I am playing with Benfica from Portugal, the 2 games were Aves at home, they were dead last with 4 games, they had 8 goals against and 3 for, i won 8-0, last or not, it was a great game and it is my new record in FM11,

now after that i played home again, bt this time it was champions league with Man. Utd., so i was expecting a clear defeat or a lucky draw...i won 4-1, damn, didn't saw that coming.

Great tactic for me so far. It seems that this tactic creates chances and the strikers actually score them instead of just randomly passing the ball around. Good Job
Thanks for a great tactic!

Decided to test this out and loaded a new game with Liverpool. So far its been very succesful:

6 friendlies: 6 wins 20-4 (goal difference)

17 competition games: 14 wins and 3 draws 43-10 (goal difference)

The best results: 4-1 Home against Man City

5-0 Away against Auxerre

2-0 Away against Chelsea

I've just tried but scores are amazing.. We are in eurocup and we played 4 games and we won 3.. everything is goog now.. I think I should buy suitable players.. then my team will be süperb..
hi..

your tactic is really working man.. I'm with fenerbahçe from turkey and We won very hard games with ease.. thanx man.. :)

my first game with it, put Lennon as advanced playmaker on the right wing.

newcastle 0 - 3 me (spurs), got 6 CCC's.

I am enjoying the tactic so far. Currently 2nd place half way through the first season with HSV, most goals scored and least conceded. I also like how all attacking players contribute goals, while the striker is still the main threat. Keep it up.
Fantastic tactic man !!!!! Greeeeat!
Good job! thank you so much... My Roma winning again and again with this tac. Thks andiii!

I find your last statement interesting considering your league standing after the first season...you took Hercules to 2nd spo with only 5 defeats in the whole season so why would you say this tactic need major tweaking???

If this tactic produces the results you posted then it doesn't really need much tweaking does it....unless you saved and replayed games to get the results you wanted?

Yes I do say it need major tweaking because so far the only team that has been able to find that results with no tweaking is my own Hercules.

It's like a taylor-made tactic. I'm saying that it's not a plug and play tactic.

Therefore I encourage people to give me more inputs here and there of their own tweaking so that the tactic can be playable to more teams.

I've found some, well quite a lot really, from the other site which have successfully improve the tactic. And hopefully I will find more here :D

And no, I don't cheat.

_

Btw, if my english is rather poor I apologize since I'm no native speaker haha

Strange tactic. In one match you can hammer opponent 4:0, just to lost terrible in next, showing absolutely nothing. Good thing is, if you lose, you won't concede much - defence is very strong. The key to this tactic seems to be in the offense. You're not creating many chances (especially away from home) so you have to use what you have.

Will give it more time to settle.

As mentioned in the first post.

On away games it's a good idea to play standard/control instead of attacking. This has been tested and approved by many of the tester.

I find similar problem with people with other tactics. SI seems to 'overrate' the difficulty playing away games.

and yes. the key is in offense.

I am working on something similar to this. Any chance you could write out/screenshot the team instructions? Thanks!

Gonna post it.

However I must warn you. I tweaked almost ALL sliders of the Player Instructions. Therefore overriding almost all team instructions.

It's not really what you call a 'simple' tactic (not that it's bad or something)

Gonna post it.

However I must warn you. I tweaked almost ALL sliders of the Player Instructions. Therefore overriding almost all team instructions.

It's not really what you call a 'simple' tactic (not that it's bad or something)

Thank you. I'm just hoping it will help me with mine. I'm not going to download anyone's tactic, I want to work out my own. Just looking to learn from more experienced tactic builders. Wanna get a good basis going and then I'll tweak my sliders etc over the season and hopefully not get fired in the process :)

Thanks for linking. Really appreciate it. My plans are similar to what you've done. I understand your system overall is probably very different due to your slider settings but I have a couple of questions:

I was thinking of having my wingers/inside forwards be on attack and my striker being on support. You have it the other way around. Any insight?

You have your creative freedom & roaming on default/stick to position. I was planning a more fluid/expressive system. Have you found things work better when players are less fluid/expressive? Or do you just make your more attacking players more fluid/expressive with sliders?

I'm at "work" right now so can't test this! Ignore this post if you can't be assed to reply! :)

No problem I appreciate people who create their own tactic and want to learn... even from me. :p

As for your question.

I actually did the reverse wingers/strikers role when I play it with Barca. That allow Villa who was the striker to drop deep and dribbles on his own while the wingers distract opponent due to their high positioning in the pitch.

That works well but have to be combined with good individual technique and the right settings.

Yes it is on deafult and stick to position however as you said I manually tick the roaming on the wingers as well as high creativity on the 3 attacking players. I'm not really a fan of roaming strikers though as if he roams no one will be at the 'end'.

Some 'good' results I would like to share. Not that not ALL games are like this obviously.

This two are against rivals - especially Valencia. Manage to got some ammount of CCCs

pict4.th.jpg

These two are some high scoring games I got so far

pict2cn.th.jpg

I could not possibly leave out the two arguably biggest team in Spain and world right now

pict1z.th.jpg

and Hercules in Europe

pict3.th.jpg

pictures updated

89 points in your first season with Hercules? That's amazing and obviously not easy to believe. I'm gonna give this a try.

Cheers

Believe me. At first I didn't believe it either that we can win game - let alone create enough chances that could lead to goals.

But apparently the team works out well with the tactic.

THanks I hope it won't disappoint.

Love the added links. Great stuff. Have you tested zonal vs man 2 man marking?

I suck at defense. But then again what i found is with zonal marking is opp's winger is left alone since my width is narrow

Meanwhile with man marking my central defenders get dragged out a lot.

Therefore I combined them and use man marking on fullback and zonal marking on central defender.

could you post the player instructions for the two center minfielders and the inside forwards please because like bull dog i am also making my own 4-5-1 formation for arsenal which is very similar to yours so i am just not sure about my advanced settings so i want to know what to do with fab, nasri, arshavin and suarez (new transfer). thanks.

could you post the player instructions for the two center minfielders and the inside forwards please because like bull dog i am also making my own 4-5-1 formation for arsenal which is very similar to yours so i am just not sure about my advanced settings so i want to know what to do with fab, nasri, arshavin and suarez (new transfer). thanks.

what's the point of making a tactic when you're 'using' other's tweaking? isn't doing the tweaking is the whole point of making 'my own' tactic?

nevertheless you can always download the tactic and see it yourself.

Yes, if you notice on the 'Tweakings' section, I've added two main points

Tweakings

Change to drill crossing seems to work better especially if you got short players.

On away games or difficult one play as 'standard' mentality

and since you see the results on FM-Base, the tactic have been positively rated and has been tested by small and big teams as long as the player requirements are met.

Cheers to anybody who's testing it out here. :)

I havent had the game arrive yet so i cant really play and check it out and im not a tactical genius but i have a set style i do want to implement.

The 'inside forwards' who play wide, will they cut in and allow the full backs to overlap to provide crossing opportunities (the forward cutting in releases the full back from being marked by the opposition full back)?

Is it best to have those inside forwards as strikers moved out wide as opposed to pure wingers (eg. tevez out wide rather than adam johnson)?

Is it a possession based game? I would love to be able to dominate the game and keep the ball in their half (to allow quick recovery and high pressure to add goals).

If this is the case, i think you may have developed the exact tactic i wanted to build and I would be willing to tweak it and keep in contact with you in how i go. I wanted to play a hybrid between Liverpool and Barcelona and this seems a little like it.

always a great tactician as ever :beer:

I just want to comment on this

This is still a hypothesis. But if you got a really good dribbler for your striker. Try making him on 'support' that way he will go deeper and dribble the ball more

I found out that it's not a hypothesis

I did give my lone ST [Vela] Run from Deep on Rarely [previously I put him on Mixed] and saw that he will drop deep and run with ball on to defenders.

However, I think you have to make sure that there are other players who are running forward to support him. In this case, since Im playing 4231, I set my AMRLC to provide supports.

Thanks, and what changes have you made to the DL, I saw something about that but never saw by how many clicks =/

Well it's still early and hasn't been tested much but untick the advanced settings on mentality of the 4 backs seems to work.

Allow me to get more possession and pressure opponent better

what's drill crossing? :O

my first game with it, put Lennon as advanced playmaker on the right wing.

newcastle 0 - 3 me (spurs), got 6 CCC's.

i'll keep u guys informed

Drill crossing is near post crossing. You can change it in Teams Instructions.

Oh wow that's not bad at all. Does Lennon provide crosses or does he cut inside?

playing with this in the serie C2, gotta say it's brilliant.

Thumbs up

Cheers. Thanks :)

I havent had the game arrive yet so i cant really play and check it out and im not a tactical genius but i have a set style i do want to implement.

The 'inside forwards' who play wide, will they cut in and allow the full backs to overlap to provide crossing opportunities (the forward cutting in releases the full back from being marked by the opposition full back)?

Is it best to have those inside forwards as strikers moved out wide as opposed to pure wingers (eg. tevez out wide rather than adam johnson)?

Is it a possession based game? I would love to be able to dominate the game and keep the ball in their half (to allow quick recovery and high pressure to add goals).

If this is the case, i think you may have developed the exact tactic i wanted to build and I would be willing to tweak it and keep in contact with you in how i go. I wanted to play a hybrid between Liverpool and Barcelona and this seems a little like it.

Yeah since the inside forwards are cutting inside, the fullbacks have been setup to run from deep and allows plenty of space (since the opponent's fullback tracks the inside forwards) to have a good cross.

By the time they pressure him, he probably already release a cross or pass back to an open man in the box.

Well if you have a striker who can play there it's definitely good as long as he has the ability to pass as well. Although not a lot of wide strikers are really 'good' at it compared to wingers who can cut inside and score for himself (the easiest being Messi)

It is developed to be an attacking tactic, but yes - to some extent - it is a possession base. In the early version (the one I'm uploading right now) we're still sitting deep but in the updated one I've tweaked it so that we can push up more and keep Barcelona pressing so that the ball is played at their half and therefore gaining more possession. I'm not saying ~70% like Tiki Taka but with Hercules I was able to control ~60% ish of the possession on a good day.

worst tactic I have ever tried.

Thanks. Very constructive and surely you've been definitely test this tactic out. For sure!

*turn on your sarcasm alarm*

always a great tactician as ever :beer:

I just want to comment on this

This is still a hypothesis. But if you got a really good dribbler for your striker. Try making him on 'support' that way he will go deeper and dribble the ball more

I found out that it's not a hypothesis

I did give my lone ST [Vela] Run from Deep on Rarely [previously I put him on Mixed] and saw that he will drop deep and run with ball on to defenders.

However, I think you have to make sure that there are other players who are running forward to support him. In this case, since Im playing 4231, I set my AMRLC to provide supports.

:beer:

Yeah in default settings the inside forwards are the one who are providing support to the striker. That's why the inside forwards are essential in this tactic to not only provide assists but also make room for the striker or themselves to score

Quote Originally Posted by Sel View Post

Yeah since the inside forwards are cutting inside, the fullbacks have been setup to run from deep and allows plenty of space (since the opponent's fullback tracks the inside forwards) to have a good cross.

By the time they pressure him, he probably already release a cross or pass back to an open man in the box.

Well if you have a striker who can play there it's definitely good as long as he has the ability to pass as well. Although not a lot of wide strikers are really 'good' at it compared to wingers who can cut inside and score for himself (the easiest being Messi)

It is developed to be an attacking tactic, but yes - to some extent - it is a possession base. In the early version (the one I'm uploading right now) we're still sitting deep but in the updated one I've tweaked it so that we can push up more and keep Barcelona pressing so that the ball is played at their half and therefore gaining more possession. I'm not saying ~70% like Tiki Taka but with Hercules I was able to control ~60% ish of the possession on a good day.

70% is unrealistic for fm but 55-60 is acceptable imo. When this game FINALLY arrives i will boot it up with Liverpool and try it out with solid players but not spectacular to see if its usable by teams outside of the European elite. Goals result by either long ball or a high pressure game. Personally im going to see if its the latter that can provide it. Hopefully the tweaked version helps

Archived