German summer sale 2.0

I posted this issue last year already.:mad: The German teams just sell their best players to whoever is coming in for them and this starts to happen from the very first season already. Subotic, Rolfes, Barnetta, Elia, Luiz Gustavo and so on... And those only in the january transfer window. Boateng, Khedira and Özil where only exceptions in real life due to their world cup performances, normally this does NOT happen that often. Don't get me wrong I don't mind one or two of the big guys leaving but it just destroys the game after a few seasons:(

And even worse, but the exact same every year: The players the other clubs (I'm Bayern btw) buy are mostly unknown and absolute RUBBISH! I mean look at the players they signed irl: Diego, Huntelaar, Raul, Jurado, Kjaer, Camoranesi, Ballack, Mandzukic and so on and this without Bayern buying anyone...

The selling issue was limited after 10.3 in fm10 but then it was too hard to get those player imo.

I hear what your saying but it's going to be difficult in a game such as FM to stop higher reputation teams buying top class players from smaller reputation teams, thats the nature of the coding. Players irl will form far greater attachments to big clubs in Germany like Bayern, Schalke, Werder Bremen etc.. than the AI would.

yeah the prices they get are not exactly ridiculous but not far from their value. the problem to me doesn't seem to be the price but the reputation. i still think that the bundesliga is underrated in the game whilst in real life people start to accept the fact that it is better (especially wider) than for example the serie a or even la liga. therefore i wouldn't call it a bug. it's rather bad or inaccurate coding that leads to that. i mean the players are there but the clubs don't seem to stand a chance of keeping them.

Boateng, Oezil, Khedira were hardly the only players that left Bundeliga in the summer, I can't think of many right now, but Kevin Kuranyi headed out of there, along with many others. In my saves Bayern are a buying machine and the likes of Stuttgart and Werder certainly compete for the correct quality of players.

Boateng, Oezil, Khedira were hardly the only players that left Bundeliga in the summer, I can't think of many right now, but Kevin Kuranyi headed out of there, along with many others. In my saves Bayern are a buying machine and the likes of Stuttgart and Werder certainly compete for the correct quality of players.

who are the correct quality of players for those teams then? I have to admit that this summer was something special but without the world cup, real would never have bought özil and khedira... and u don't seriously think that kuranyi went to russia to play better football there do you? he's just a bad character imo.

Ai has always had a lack of loyalty

Some players will stay with their club for life (or until they are no longer good enough), not all will skip out the moment the "big boys" come in

Unfortunately, in FM players will go for the highest reputation, though it's been offset abit allowing other factors like wages to have an effect, but still it's silly at times

Even worse with AI managers and staff, since clubs don't negotiate a transfer fee prior to contract talks

Once a suitable contract has been offered, the manager/staff will go without fail

who are the correct quality of players for those teams then? I have to admit that this summer was something special but without the world cup, real would never have bought özil and khedira... and u don't seriously think that kuranyi went to russia to play better football there do you? he's just a bad character imo.

Well, they are chasing the likes of Pavlyuchenko and Gomes from my squad. Seen them in for other quality players, Alexis Sanchez being another example.

Whether Kuranyi went for money or whatever, he still went. Also in your OP, a number of the stellar players you've listed are has beens who are in the Bundesliga for a last pay day. You really think Raul's at Schalke for the football?

Well, they are chasing the likes of Pavlyuchenko and Gomes from my squad. Seen them in for other quality players, Alexis Sanchez being another example.

Whether Kuranyi went for money or whatever, he still went. Also in your OP, a number of the stellar players you've listed are has beens who are in the Bundesliga for a last pay day. You really think Raul's at Schalke for the football?

you are right about the players beyond their prime but the important thing to notice is that those players like raul, camoranesi and van nistelrooy wouldn't play there, if the bundesliga wasn't attractive sportingly as well as economically. they pay (and i mean the actual action of paying salaries on time and in full amount) better than most italian or spanish clubs and still the players just move there. but the thing that concerns me the most is that their clubs don't seem to get replacements of almost equal quality in.

you are right about the players beyond their prime but the important thing to notice is that those players like raul, camoranesi and van nistelrooy wouldn't play there, if the bundesliga wasn't attractive sportingly as well as economically. they pay (and i mean the actual action of paying salaries on time and in full amount) better than most italian or spanish clubs and still the players just move there. but the thing that concerns me the most is that their clubs don't seem to get replacements of almost equal quality in.

I agree with you tbf. I'm only able to judge on what I've seen so far. Don't fear though I will have a Hoffe and Bayern save and I'll definitely be paying attention!

i now went a little deeper into the matter and started a new game with bayern. i slightly increased the reputation of the bundesliag and its clubs and gave them reasonably more money. now they do buy players for more money but around 90% of them are from brasil and argentina or peru. they are all unknown and don't meet their average quality. i just don't get it. might be down to the transfer preferences (where brazil has rating 9 and argentina only 3).

anyone has an advice what i could edit or change to make it more realistic?

i can post screens if you want to and tell me how to do this ;)

Archived