The Better Half´s Tactic Center - Patch 11.3

The Better Half´s Tactic Center

Prologue

In this thread, you will find a download Link to a Big Pack of tactics containing 18 different formations and 50 tacticfiles created in the Tactics Creator As different the formations might be, they core of all the tactics are the same as they all use the same roles, created and defined by me in the 2ND post. The tactics are all build using the same Framework, an approach that have been heavily tweaked from the Rigid Control settings provided by the wizard. As written above, I am using my own roles and you will find that most settings are fixed, making most shouts useless so in one sense, the are to be regarded as PLUG & PLAY tactics. When I wrote in a sense, I was referring to the fact that one must both use a formation that actually suits the team in terms of squad, club status and short term ambition and you will find more information about this in the section called " Picking a formation" but I was also referring to the fact that each and every uploaded tactic comes in at least 2 different version using different settings for the Forwards. This, I find to be a key in this years edition and its important that one reads the definition of the different player roles, the TBH Roles and use the correct setting to suit your Attackers. The thread will also contain hints and tips about pre-game preparation.

Table of content

OPENING POST

1.1 Contacts, Download Link

1.2 The Framework

1.3 Picking a formation

1.4 A Preview of the Formations/ Uploaded Tactics,

1.5 Using multiple Formations/Uploaded Tactics

1.6 Set pieces, OIs and the other stuff

1.7 Preseason Preparations, Building the squad

1.8 PreGame preparation

1.9 FAQ

SECOND POST

2.1 The TBH Roles, The settings of the players

THIRD POST

3.1 The Uploaded Formation/ Tactics

FOURTH POST - To come

4.0 My Projects - to come

4.1 Links to useful posts - to come

1.1Contact & Download Links

http://www.zshare.net/download/9435572054368ce4/

MSN thebeha@live.se

HOMEPAGE http://thebetterhalf.n.nu/

1.2 The Framework and Core of the Tactics

As you will see when downloading the tactics, they all use the same framework. We play slightly slower than average and with lots of players opening up space for others to move into. Movement from deep combined with players providing the width as well as player making runs into channels to rip the opponents defence apart. As an example, you will see that in some of the tactics using 2 or more AMCs, they have been given different off the ball moves, like move into channels or roam from position, along with different settings in Crossing and T-balls. The reason for this is simply to bring more dimensions to the attacking play.When it comes to the Closing Down settings and Mentality, we use a slightly higher than average mentality and press. Many of these settings are tweaked/fixed and will not be effected by shouts. The more creative MCs are positioned lower down in the field along with a lesser closing down settings and MC that is more restricted in terms of creative freedom and runs from deep is positioned higher up in the field and works harder in the defensive duties. By using this midfield combo, one secures that in almost every club, there are at least one player that are suited for the give role. Beneath, I have uploaded a screenshot of some of the settings. I have left out the fact that the Philosophy is Rigid and the strategy is Control on purpose as most of the settings have been tweaked anyway.

As written in the prologue, I am using some of my own created roles, form here on referred to as the TBH roles. These roles are simply some that I have found been working better than the ones provided by the Tactic Creator. It is important though that you read my definition of the Role as the name I have chosen to give it might bring you a different definition of it, like a Wide Fullback, the Direct playing MC or the Deep Coming Complete Forward. Take the time to read up on these roles in the 2ND post

teamsettoh.png

1.3 Picking a formation

Now, just like in real life, some users match their formation and there philosophy to suit the current squad at hand and some have a favourite style of play or formation that they stick to, recruiting the adequate players as they go along. Regardless of personal preferences, the formation used simply have to match your ambition, an ambition that in its turn should be based on the current circumstances and be a healthy one. Often we see users trying out a formation that simply does not match the ambition, the players or that is sprung form reality( in game that is). A team like Blackpool should perhaps not play a very attacking formation like the High 442 using AMR/L formation if the ambition is to stay clear form relegation, building for the future. If being over ambitious so the speak, still playing with Blackpool, you might be in for trouble as the players simply are not good enough to achieve this playing attacking and wide. Here, its better to play to the strength of the team and once having strengthened the defence and brought in some specific competence up front, you can change framework as the journey gos on. So in short - and once again - you have to ask your self if the current formation is likely to achieve your goals given the circumstances

The same goes for ungelled teams and/or teams lacking in determined players. Its better to play more narrow and grind out a few results. Whilst the team may be superior your opponent when reading the lineup, the players need to function as a group( remember Tottenham in FM09) and its better to play more cautious to start with until the team is gelled as it otherwise will be very hard to turn around the bad morale of drop in confidence that may follow

As for a top notch team like Man U, we know that we will face teams flooding the midfield, playing compact and narrow with lots of men behind the ball. Even if preferring a narrow formation using 2 DMCs and even if having the players for it, this will most likely see you underachieve domestic as the formation by default is more cautious although I still think you will win the EPL. You will simply have a hard time breaking down defensive teams. So in short - and once again - you have to ask your self if the current formation is likely to achieve your goals given the circumstances

My advice is to understand what the different formations requires and leave you with a quote form the TT&F 2010, written by Richard Claydon (wwfan), Gareth Millward (Millie) and the Tactical Think Tank, as they say it best

On the whole, the best formation is the one which allows you to play your best players where they can do the most damage to the opposition. However, the team must still retain some defensive shape, have enough players in midfield to aid the transition from defence to attack, and enough forward players to be potent in attack. Otherwise, Real Madrid might play a 2-3-5

Setting up a formation to suit the squad and planning for the future

When I first take over a team, I make a SWOT of the team. BY this I mean that I don't just look at the strengths and weaknesses but also about future threats , like injuries to key players, and also the opportunities, like the signing of a great future fullback that might make me be able to play my brilliant AMR in his correct position without needing to cover and cut angels above the current weak link in the team. So basically, I follow these steps

• List the strength of the team
  • List the weaknesses of the team
  • Consider if my weaknesses makes me unable to use my strong sides
  • Consider the defensive price of still using them
  • ..and then.. compare it to the cost of my attacking play if I am to sacrifice playing a AMR for the benefit of a MR, covering up for my weaknesses
  • Look for a formation or a couple of formations that my team can handle
  • And finally., I look for the opportunities that a new signing might bring for the team in terms of making my squad more flexible in playing different formations as its not always a new brilliant striker the team needs but perhaps a new fullback of equal standard to the existing one, but much better in covering large areas with speed.

1.4 The Formations/ Uploaded Tactics

In the Big Pack up for download, you will find the formations listed beneath. Further information, like the one on the example, will be found in the 3rd post but before reading that part, please also read the 2ND post where I define the player roles. Until the 3ed post is complete, just look at the tactic and compare it to the link in the roles. All uploaded tactics come in at least 2 different versions to suit the Forwards you have at hand and I will once again remind you to use the correct version or setting that actually does suit your players and as written before, this information will be found in the 2ND post.

Exampel

Formation: " The very, very attacking formation "X"

Player Roles:

Wide fullbacks, DCs, Creative MC, Direct-playing MC, Off the Ball Wingers, Rioting AMC: The Deep coming Complete Forward works best in this formation

Suits:

Most teams with at least one really good defensive MC

Does not Suit

The heavy underdog as they need to stay with more men behind the ball, playing a more cautious formation

The Wide 442s

* Flat 442 (MC, MC, ML, MR)

The Narrow 442s

* Narrow Diamond ( DMC, MC, MC, AMC)

* Narrow 4132 ( DMC, MC, MC, MC)

* Narrow 4312 ( MC, MC, MC, AMC)

* High Box (MC, MC, AMC, AMC)

* Rectangular Box ( DMC, DMC, AMC, AMC

The Wide 451s

* Flat 4411 (MC, MC, MR, ML, AMC)

* Wide 41221 ( DMC,MC, MC, AMR, AML)

* Wide 42121 (DMC, DMC, MC, AMR, AML)

* Wide 4321 ( MC, MC, MC, AMR, AML)

* Deep & Wide 4231 ( DMC, AMC, AMR, AMC, AML)

* Wide 4231 ( MC, MC, AMR, AMC, AML)

* The Cottage, Wide 42211 ) DMC, DMC, MR, ML, AMC)

The Narrow 451s

* Deep & Narrow 4231 ( DMC, DMC, AMC, AMC, AMC)

* Narrow 4231 ( MC, MC, AMC, AMC)

* Narrow 4321 ( MC, MC, MC, AMC, AMC)

* Narrow 41311 ( DMC, MC, MC, MC, AMC)

* Narrow 42121 ( DMC, DMC, MC, AMC, AMC)

The Asymmetric

* Asymmetric 442 Nr 2 (DMC, MC, AMwinger, Mwinger)

* Asymmetric 451 Nr 2 ( MC, MC, Mwinger, AMC, AMwinger)

1.5 Using multiple Formations/Uploaded Tactics

Personally, I like to use multiple formations during one season. If I have only one really good AML but the squad still suits the Wide 41221 formation, I can be good to also use the Asymmetric 451 that puts the AML in the AMC position, as a cover formation when the AML is unable to play. The same way, It can be good to use both the Flat 442 and the 4411 if not having enough forwards in the team to see you through a season as the differences in formation is ever so little that the team will not have any trouble learning both in the match preparation. Just notice that just because the formation might look similar, it does not mean that the players will end op in ( almost) the same place as the 4411 might be build on the narrow Diamond tactic and not the Flat 442. If wanting to make in game formation changes, you might have to alter the tactics and re-save them pregame.

In my current Birmingham save, I only have one decent FC, Jermore, so I am playing a single Fc Formation. As I somewhat lack squad depth, having only one good DMCs, AMC and AML, I use the following 3 Formations in my Match Preperation

matchprep.png

1.6 Set pieces, OIs and the other stuff

Set Pieces

These, you simply have to set your self. The current setup is not all all bad but the settings have to match the players. You might have a really good heading monster as a fullback and a small but pacey DC so your see that you do need to alter this to suit your team and perhaps, if wanting to micromanage a bit, use different one depeing on the lineup on matchday

text

Opposition Instructions

In testing, I have not used any at all.

Playmakers

In all the Tactics the playmakers box have been ticked, setting it to none. If wanting ti use one, then just untick the box and the Creative Mc or DMC will become the playmaker altough I would only use one if he is the outstanding player of the team. Remember that if this player is not consistant enough, the team will suffer big time.

Target Men

None of the Tactics use a Target Man but if wanting to use one, just add the name of the player your want. The Quick Poacher should perhaps have run onto ball supplie, The Deepcoming Complete Forward should be set to mixed and the Deeplying Forward to Feet altough I would only use one if he is the outstanding player of the team. Remember that if this player is not consistant enough, the team will suffer big time.

text

1.7 Preseason Preparations, Building the squad

The Importance of Team Players

To Come

Preseason Training

Links to come

1.8 PreGame preparation

Media and Press Conference

My best tip is to read this guide by wwfan

Link to the post

Match Preparation

Again, this is basically what I have been using

Another LInk to a wwfan-thread

1.9 FAQ

None yet !

1.9 Copyright

No content in this thread can be published without my permission except during following circumstances

• When there is no other alternative
  • In a emergency and you fear for your life
  • When you really, really want to

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The TBH Roles

The TBH roles:

Here, I explain some of my own made roles. It’s important that one does not try to use your own definition of some of the keywords, like Linkman, Strong or Slow but instead read what I mean with my definition. Also notice that whilst I may have used the role Poacher, or Playmaker when tweaking his settings, this may have very little to do with his actual settings, just like the tactic have little to do with my settings Rigid and Control

The ATTACKERS

Like stated in the Opening post in my thread, the tactics use preset settings of one or two of these roles. These does not by any means mean that these roles/play types are the ones that always works the best with the tactic you look at but if having the ability to chose freely amongst the players in the world, I would still go for the FC roles uploaded but as stated previously, the important part is that you use the roles that suits your player selected on match day.

Now, If you have 2 players that function in the same role, like Anelka and Drogba at Chelsea plays best as Complete Linkman and you are playing one of the “442 tactics”, would I then give the players the same role ?. The answer here is simply Absolutely NOT as the tactic would get to one dimensional. Instead, I would use one of them as the Deep Lying FC and perhaps let them swap position. Obviously, the role of the Deeplying FC will limit a player like Drogba or Anelka but as a team needs balance, this is the role he have to play, and probably play it really, really good but just like the hardworking MC, he will not get the appreciation in terms of very high average ratings or praising in media unless he scores lot of goal. If having a balanced team that gets results, this player will though, especially if he is a strong header with great movement

Then what about the tactic, are we always forced to change the settings of the FC depending on what forward we are using? Well yes, but why not save them under different names, like “AnelkaDrogba” and Anelka/Torres” and load up the correct version before each game.

What role would suit and underdog the best?

- Well, in short, when playing against teams using a high d-line, its better to use a pacey forward that plays on the shoulder of the defence as the gap between the midfield and defence where the other 2 roles normally seeks their space are very crowded. When playing with a top team against more cautious team, sitting deep and perhaps also in a short field, then the Quick Poacher will initially struggle to find space. In a 442, I always favour one of the 2 FC´s to be a quick poacher regardless or opposition as he needs constant surveillance by the opponent but in the end, this will be your choice

Roles for Formations using 2 Forwards

The Deep Lying Complete Forward LInk to Setting

When you look at the names of the famous players beneath, you will see what kind of player type that is needed for this role. When I write player roles, this is exactly what I mean. By no means does he have to be this good as everything is relative the level one is playing at. The important thing is that his ability/stats should match his tendencies and preferred moves. His settings match the fact that he likes to come deep to get the ball and be in focus of the play, almost like a playmaker rather than a target man. To make sure that he drops deep from an advanced position, he has been given little defensive duties (low closing down) and when he links up with play, he looks for either a short option before getting forward, stop play by holding on to the ball until a team mate arrives or if none or these options are available, he makes a run with ball at goal. When having linked up with a team mate and made a pass, his high mentality makes him take a new position and when getting the ball closer in on goal, he will use his dribbling skills to carry out his orders (rwball often) and go straight at goal.

Famous Players (in FM11.3): Van Persie, Rooney, Hernandez ( manu), Tevez ( man c), Drogba( chelsea), Anelka (Chelsea)

Preferred player moves: Comes deep to get the ball

Key Stats: Decision – Off the ball – Dribbling – Acceleration & Pace – Agility – Technique

The Quick Poacher Link to Setting

What is a poacher then? Well, generally speaking, without taking into account the differences between different cultures and so on, it’s a player that knows how to get into a position where he can pop it into the net and also have the ability to do so. Here, he plays on the shoulder of the last defender and makes moves into channels and when with the ball, he goes straight at goal. If you feel you have a great attacker that have 20 in finishing and Composure as well as in off the ball and anticipation, he will have the opportunity to win the golden boot each and every year. I say opportunity as the player also needs to actually play in the way a poacher does. If he dwells on the ball, make a pass rather than to score him self or likes to gets deep to get the ball, then he needs to have a different setting to perform well. Either this or make him unlearn these conflicting ppms. In FM11, just likes in some of the previous editions, some stats are heavily favoured and if you manage to get a player that possesses these abilities, and then you have a player that can still perform great as a poacher without being that good at scoring. If he a monster there as well, then he gets unstoppable. The stats I am thinking about is Pace, Acceleration, Off the Ball, Anticipation, First Touch, Dribbling and most importantly, Decision. This actually goes for each and every player in the game but you see the benefits more for players closer at goal.

Preferred player moves: Moves into channels, gets forward, cuts inside, runs with ball through the middle

Famous Players (in FM11.3)Walcott ( Arsenal), Balotelli ( man c) Gyan ( sunderland) Welbeck ( at sunderland), Suarez ( liverpool ) N´Gog (liverpool), Torres ( Chelsea

Key Stats: Pace – Acceleration – Dribbling – Decision – Finishing and if he is 2footed, then wow!!

Deep Lying Forward Link to Setting

In short, a real team player. Just like every team needs their hardworking MC or anchorman, this player can make the difference between loosing 1-2 versus winning 2-0.

This player is one that by ppm likes to come deep to get the ball or play with his back towards the goal or at least has no conflicting ppms. He plays a simple game. He is very similar to the Strong Deep Lying Forward and a Target man on support, but I don’t use one and to avoid confusion, I stay away from calling him that. Like stated previously Whilst this player – at top level – might have pace and dribbling around 13-14, it’s still not good enough to play in the Complete role.

Obviously, the role of the Limited Linkman like this will limit a player like Drogba or Anelka but as a team needs balance, this is the role he has to play, and probably play it really, really good but just like the hardworking MC, he will not get the appreciation in terms of very high average ratings or praising in media unless he scores lot of goal. If having a balanced team that gets results, this player will though, especially if he is a strong header with great movement.

The Famous Players (in FM11.3)Chamakh (Arsenal), Bendtner (Arsenal) Berbatov (man u) Zigic (Birmingham), Dzeko (man c), Caroll (Liverpool), Carew (at stoke), Zamora (fulham),

Preferred player moves: Play with back towards goal, comes deep to get the ball, and gets into the area late

Key Stats: Work Rate, Determination, Team Work, Strength, Anticipation, Decision,

Roles for Formations using a Lone Forward

The Deep Lying Complete Forward (His settings are the same as in the 2FC role)

When you look at the names of the famous players beneath, you will see what kind of player type that is needed for this role. When I write player roles, this is exactly what I mean. By no means does he have to be this good as everything is relative the level one is playing at. The important thing is that his ability/stats should match his tendencies and preferred moves. His settings match the fact that he likes to come deep to get the ball and be in focus of the play, almost like a playmaker rather than a target man. To make sure that he drops deep from an advanced position, he has been given little defensive duties (low closing down) and when he links up with play, he looks for either a short option before getting forward, stop play by holding on to the ball until a team mate arrives or if none or these options are available, he makes a run with ball at goal. When having linked up with a team mate and made a pass, his high mentality makes him take a new position and when getting the ball closer in on goal, he will use his dribbling skills to carry out his orders (rwball often) and go straight at goal.

Famous Players (in FM11.3): Van Persie, Rooney, Hernandez ( manu), Tevez ( man c), Drogba( chelsea), Anelka (Chelsea)

Preferred player moves: Comes deep to get the ball

Key Stats: Decision – Off the ball – Dribbling – Acceleration & Pace – Agility – Technique

The Quick Poacher Link to Setting

What is a poacher then? Well, generally speaking, without taking into account the differences between different cultures and so on, it’s a player that knows how to get into a position where he can pop it into the net and also have the ability to do so. Here, he plays on the shoulder of the last defender and makes moves into channels and when with the ball, he goes straight at goal. If you feel you have a great attacker that have 20 in finishing and Composure as well as in off the ball and anticipation, he will have the opportunity to win the golden boot each and every year. I say opportunity as the player also needs to actually play in the way a poacher does. If he dwells on the ball, make a pass rather than to score him self or likes to gets deep to get the ball, then he needs to have a different setting to perform well. Either this or make him unlearn these conflicting ppms. In FM11, just likes in some of the previous editions, some stats are heavily favoured and if you manage to get a player that possesses these abilities, and then you have a player that can still perform great as a poacher without being that good at scoring. If he a monster there as well, then he gets unstoppable. The stats I am thinking about is Pace, Acceleration, Off the Ball, Anticipation, First Touch, Dribbling and most importantly, Decision. This actually goes for each and every player in the game but you see the benefits more for players closer at goal.

Preferred player moves: Moves into channels, gets forward, cuts inside, runs with ball through the middle

Famous Players (in FM11.3)Walcott ( Arsenal), Balotelli ( man c) Gyan ( sunderland) Welbeck ( at sunderland), Suarez ( liverpool ) N´Gog (liverpool), Torres ( Chelsea

Key Stats: Pace – Acceleration – Dribbling – Decision – Finishing and if he is 2footed, then wow!!

Strong Deep Lying Forward Link to Setting

This player is one that by ppm likes to come deep to get the ball or play with his back towards the goal. He is very similar to a deep coming Target Man on support, but as I don’t use one and to avoid confusion, I stay away from calling him that. Whilst this player – at top level – might have pace and dribbling around 13-14, it’s still not good enough to play in the Complete role, running down the flanks, beating his man etc. Unlike the Normal Deep lying Fc used in a 2 Fc combo, he hold on to the ball and plays higher up in the field, using mixed passing instead of Direct as he is at the highest point in the team and should not play too direct

The Famous Players (in FM11.3)Chamakh (Arsenal), Bendtner ( Arsenal) Berbatov( man u) Zigic (Birmingham), Dzeko ( man c), Caroll (Liverpool), Carew ( at stoke), Zamora (fulham),

Preferred player moves: Play with back towards goal. Moves into channels, gets into the area late

Key Stats: Strength, Anticipation, Decision, Finishing

The MIDFIELDERS

The Limited DMC Link to Setting

Here is a player that plays behind 2 Mcs, like in the Narrow Diamond and the Wide 41221. He should stay in the hole and ocver angtels by using loose Zonal marking. Here, I have not tweaked much at all and you can use any good DMC

or MC or Direct Playing DMC/MC or The Roaming from Deep Direct Playing DMC/MC Link to setting

(The only difference I in settings are the free role)

Here we use a player that beraks up attacks high up in the field and when doing so, I dont want him to slow things down but instead get the ball forward. He makes very few runs from deep but instead stays behind the ball, arriving late outside the area. This player can be the key to the tactic if having a really good ballwinner here have good passing attributes. In some of the Tactics, he also have a free role so that he seeks space wher it can be found. This however is restricted to the tactics where I do want him to find this space, like in the Deep and Wide 4231. In the flat 442, I dont want him to go ahead as that space should be soukth by the winger instead and in some tactics, he has to go wide to find the space and I dont want him to do that

The Creative DMC or MC Link to Setting

This is the more creative MC that lies slightly deeper in midfield. He actually makes runs from deep to ensure that we have a creatove player supporting in the attacks. Any good Mc can function here as long as he is creative, has a good decision aatribute and know how to make a pass

The Roaming Incutting WingForward Link to Setting

This player is often used when there actually are space to be found inside, like in the wide 42121 or the wide 4321, in short when the space in not occupied by a FCl/r or a AMC. By no means does he have to right footed on left flank and vice verse. This role actually suits any good wingforward or winger that knows how to find space. I have used Walcott as AMR with this setting and he was an absolute beast. He has the ppm Runs down right flank with ball and sometimes he follow his ppm and sometimes, when seeing an opportunity to go straight at goal, he will cut inside with the ball. The movement without the ball in here more decided by his ppms and his off the ball and anticipation stats when dealing with his orders to roam, to seek free space where its to be found. I have also used players like Arshavin that actually likes to cut inside. Being 2-footed, he really enjoys this role although if facing a team using 2 DMCs, wingers cutting inside can struggle. One will benefit form their movements on other parts of the field though when they managed to draw the attention of 2, or even 3, of the opponents defensive players ( Fullback, DC and DMC), opening up the space for other players to move into, like our wide defenders.

Famous Players (in FM11.3): Walcott ( Arsenal), Arshavin ( Arsenal), Jovanovic ( Pool), Demba Ba ! ( WH), Kamara ( Fulham), the list can go on and on

Preferred player moves: Cuts inside, runs down correct flank with ball, moves into channels

Key Stats: Decision, Off the ball, Pace, Acceleration, Dribbling, Agility, Crossing, Finishing

The Roaming Wide Winger Link to Setting

The difference between this player that are used both as MR/L and AMR/L and the incutting one a few roles down beneath is that he, when playing as MR/L does not benefit at all from having Cut inside as a ppm. When playing in MR/L, he needs to be able to beat his man as well as be at least average in carrying out the defensive duties. When plating with a top notch team, one can afford using a extremely attacking minded player here, one that does not know how to defend but when facing equal teams or teams superior to you, a player that are able o defend might be the better choice. Just lower his run with ball to mixed if that player has poor dribbling skills

Famous Players (in FM11.3) Milner ( manc), Baines ( Everton), Etherington ( stoke), the list is long and leave out the really obvious here on purpose

Preferred player moves Runs down the correct flank with ball, gets inside the area

Key Stats: Decision, Determination, Acceleration, Pace, Dribbling, Crossing, Tackling, Positioning, Off the ball

The Off the ball Winger and Off the Ball Outer AMC No links will be provided here

I mixture of an attacker, an pure AMC and a winger. This player will benefit both from coming deep to get the ball, move into channels and get forward. It is important that he possesses good movement and are able to read the game. As he is called Outer AMC, its clear that he is used as one of the AMCs in the Narrow Formations and therefore, its good if he both have the ability to seek free space and the stamina to cover these large areas defensively

The Rioting Hole AMC Link to Setting

This player lies in the hole between the Forward/s and the Midfield. Although given a free role, he will only roam and find free space in the attacking part of the field and when in possession of the ball, he will instantly cut inside, looking for a pass, a quick cross or have a go at the goal. If playing in a 4411, he will drift wide if the space is to be found their and if the winger has the ball, he will seek space in the box if it’s to be found.

This player can be the absolute key of the tactic, even if it looks like he is having a bad game, not making more then 15 passes through out the game. How is that then? Well, by using his movement, he creates space for the others to move into. With this said, he needs to be mobile and if creative with good decision or passing, this is your top man

Famous Players (in FM11.3) Arshavin ( Arsenal), Silva ( manc ), Lampard ( Chelsea), Gerrard ( liverpool)

Preferred player moves: Moves into channels, cut inside, runs down X flank, gets into opposition area

Key Stats: Decision, Off the ball, Stamina, Anticipation, Creativity, Passing and Finishing

The Link AMC Link to Setting

A player very similair to the Riot AMC only here, his job is to act like a linkman between the midfield and the attackers (used with 2 FCs up front). Therefor, the ability to hit a through ball is more important than scoring

The DEFENDERS - No links will be provided here

Nothing special here really. We mainly use the settings provided by the wizard. Some formations uses fullbacks ( the wide ones) and some Wingbacks. As usually, don’t underestimate the value of having determined players with good team work and work rate

The Normal DC

No real description needed here as the role is set as in the TC

Preferred player moves: None really

Key Stats: As I the TC

The Normal Fullback or Wide Fullback/COLOR]

No real description needed here and no screenshot either as the role is set as in the TC. In some narrow tactics, he is asked to provide the width by hugging the touchline

Preferred player moves: None really

The Attacking Wingback

No real description needed here as the role is set as in the TC. Provides width by hugging the touchline

Preferred player moves: Runs down X flank with ball, Gets forward, gets into the opposition area

Role:Riot AMC[/b]

1.4 The Formations/ Uploaded Tactics

Obviously not complete. Until the information is up, please look at the tactics and compare the playersettings to the ones found in post 2

In the Big Pack up for download, you will find the formations listed beneath. Please also read the 2ND post where I define the player roles. All uploaded tactics come in at least 2 different versions to suit the Forwards you have at hand and I will once again remind you to use the correct version or setting that actually does suit your players and as written before, this information will be found in the 2ND post. The tactics, like in the 442 can therefor be named Flat 442 ( QP + DLF), as that tactic uses a Quick Poacher and a Deep Lying Forward

The Wide 442s

Flat 442 (MC, MC, ML, MR)

Player Roles: Fullbacks, DCs, Creative MC, Direct Playing MC, Roaming Wide Wingers: Forwards of your choice

Suits: All teams

Does not Suit None

The Narrow 442s

Narrow Diamond ( DMC, MC, MC, AMC)

Player Roles:

Suits:

Does not Suit

Narrow 4132 ( DMC, MC, MC, MC)

Player Roles:

Suits:

Does not Suit

Narrow 4312 ( MC, MC, MC, AMC)

Player Roles:

Suits:

Does not Suit

High Box (MC, MC, AMC, AMC)

Player Roles:

Suits:

Does not Suit

Rectangular Box ( DMC, DMC, AMC, AMC

Player Roles:

Suits:

Does not Suit

The Wide 451s

4411 (MC, MC, MR, ML, AMC)

Player Roles:

Suits:

Does not Suit

Wide 41221 ( DMC,MC, MC, AMR, AML)

Player Roles:

Suits:

Does not Suit

Wide 42121 (DMC, DMC, MC, AMR, AML)

Player Roles:

Suits:

Does not Suit

Wide 4321 ( MC, MC, MC, AMR, AML)

Player Roles:

Suits:

Does not Suit

Deep & Wide 4231 ( DMC, AMC, AMR, AMC, AML)

Player Roles:

Suits:

Does not Suit

Wide 4231 ( MC, MC, AMR, AMC, AML)

Player Roles:

Suits:

Does not Suit

The Cottage, Wide 42211 ( DMC, DMC, MR, ML, AMC)

Player Roles:

Suits:

Does not Suit

The Narrow 451s

Deep & Narrow 4231 ( DMC, DMC, AMC, AMC, AMC)

Player Roles:

Suits:

Does not Suit

Narrow 4231 ( MC, MC, AMC, AMC)

Player Roles:

Suits:

Does not Suit

Narrow 4321 ( MC, MC, MC, AMC, AMC)

Player Roles:

Suits:

Does not Suit

Narrow 41311 ( DMC, MC, MC, MC, AMC)

Player Roles:

Suits:

Does not Suit

Narrow 42121 ( DMC, DMC, MC, AMC, AMC)

Player Roles:

Suits:

Does not Suit

The Asymmetric

Asymmetric 442 (DMC, MC, AMwinger, Mwinger)

Player Roles:

Suits:

Does not Suit

Asymmetric 451( MC, MC, Mwinger, AMC, AMwinger)

Player Roles:

Suits:

Does not Suit

Delighted to see this thread! Will you be posting a 442 and 4411 like last years? Stuck with them as soon as they were out and never looked back, superb work.

Will indeed. I have made some beta versions of a flat 442 (or rather 5 different depending on what kind of team you have) and they will probably be up with the next weeks

Just have to post my last match with my Birmingham side against bitter rivals Aston Villa. Mind you, these results are not common at all

brumvilla.png

Crikey, which formation is that with?

May even hold off with starting a new game in that case then if your delaying the 442, that is literally how much faith I have in it bearing in mind last year’s success.

Thats with the uploaded narrow Diamond. Actually this tactic has not been touched since my and Kung´s last tweak in FM10 :D

tested in 2 matches with Everton...1 win 1 draw...it looks BRILLIANT in defence both home and away, and also in attack at home being beautiful with those through balls from center and wing backs...

i dont know if this idea of putting all players with the same Close Down is new, or it has been used again in the past in several good tactics uploaded here, but it is great...the team is very rigid both in defence/attack

GOOD JOB mate...and very good result with Birmingham 5th position and a title first year...

PS. tactic is like Mourinho's at Porto 2004...:cool:

I see u have two playmaker`s, but have chosen not to "use" (ticked "none") any of them? What`s the reason for this, and why do you have two of them? Have you tried one of them in another role? Maybe Trequartista in the AMc role for terrorising the defenders? Or playmaker in the central midfield (Xavi, Fabregas...), and AMc, or Treq. in the Offencive Midfield role?

Going to give this a try with Liverpool. Hopefully I'll have a team lined up like this...

GK: Reina

LB: Fábio Coentrão

RB: Johnson

CB: Skrtel

CB: Agger

DM: Poulson/Lucas

LCM: Cole/Maxi

RCM: Meireles

AMC: Gerrard

STr: Kuyt (would you suggest getting a better link striker in here?)

STl: Torres

I see u have two playmaker`s, but have chosen not to "use" (ticked "none") any of them? What`s the reason for this, and why do you have two of them? Have you tried one of them in another role? Maybe Trequartista in the AMc role for terrorising the defenders? Or playmaker in the central midfield (Xavi, Fabregas...), and AMc, or Treq. in the Offencive Midfield role?

And another thing:

How do u do with the "Match Preperation"? Work load, what to focus on etc.?

And another thing:

How do u do with the "Match Preperation"? Work load, what to focus on etc.?

Whatever tactic I use, for preseason I set match preparation to blend and set the workload to high. Once the first league games come around, I can't it depending on the match tbh.

It's not totally clear but am I right in assuming that the Riot Fwd is the quicker left sided player?

No, its the FCright.

Do you think is a good tactic for barcelona?

Not really as I think you will underachieve. To get the best out of Barca, you need to play a more fluid and expressive approach within a wider formation

As you can see, only the MCleft is given the role of a playmaker. The AMC has a tweaked role, a TBH role that I call Riot AMC.

I have tried many roles, using the MCleft as a playmaker and the AMC as one to, but with my players, I have got the best result with these roles.

Whatever tactic I use, for preseason I set match preparation to blend and set the workload to high. Once the first league games come around, I can't it depending on the match tbh.

I do the same. The obvious choice in preseason is Team Blend, otherwise it would not even be there as a choice ;) Then, its just a matter of taste but in this season wih Birmingham, I have used attacking moves before every home game and defensive position before away games

when should we issue the shouts?

When you see it fit. if i struggle breaking down a team playing compact, then its a good idea to play wider and with the bombing fullbacks. If you feel you are loosing out in possession, it could be good to slow things down with the more cautious shouts. Remember that these shouts are only a few of those that can be used. Just make sure that you look at the tactic and see how the shouts effects the tactic as some variables are fixed, like closing down, d-line etc

- "Not really as I think you will underachieve. To get the best out of Barca, you need to play a more fluid and expressive approach within a wider formation"

Are you sure :O? This is by faaar the best tactic/formation I have tested since launching of FM2011. Have tested several 100 different ones. ALL struggle with the cross-"bug" and bad defensive-line. This seems very nice defensively aswell in attack. Wouldnt it be fantastic with for excample Barcelona, Arsenal, to be compact in defense and at the same time play beautiful short passing-football in attack?! What would you tweak if you should play with a big team with this formation?

PS! What pitch size do you choose before the season starts?

Update on my first season with Birmingham, no signings, using the Narrow Diamond

brumlc2.png

nice- do you still play short passing in a downpour? and on a long pitch in downpour do you lower d-line and play more direct, or would that upset the balance of the tatic?

- "Not really as I think you will underachieve. To get the best out of Barca, you need to play a more fluid and expressive approach within a wider formation"

Are you sure :O? This is by faaar the best tactic/formation I have tested since launching of FM2011. Have tested several 100 different ones. ALL struggle with the cross-"bug" and bad defensive-line. This seems very nice defensively aswell in attack. Wouldnt it be fantastic with for excample Barcelona, Arsenal, to be compact in defense and at the same time play beautiful short passing-football in attack?! What would you tweak if you should play with a big team with this formation?

I too am also quite shocked to read that, strikes as the kind of tactic which would massively favour teams of that ilk.

PS! What pitch size do you choose before the season starts?

I too am also quite shocked to read that, strikes as the kind of tactic which would massively favour teams of that ilk.

What I meant by that answer is that whilst the Narrow Diamond would probably win you the league and perhaps even the CL, it would not get the best out of the players.

In my experience, most user find this as crucial as the results. When playing with Barca or Real Madrid, people expect not only to win, but to win big and to see Messi and Ronaldo win the golden boot and I cant see this happening with this narrow formation.

If I was to start a save with Barca, I would enjoy it very much and the tweaks I would make to the tactic would be

- Set the wingbacks on Attack

- Play wider

i.e, use the attacking shouts at match start

I would also tweak the role of the AMC and give him the settings as a Central Midfielder on support but with a slightly lower mentality ( first notch of normal) and raise his creative freedom to much and give him move into channels. All in all, a mixture of a central midfielder and a TQ

- Make the AMC

ok, tyvm m8 :). So I make him identically to a Midfield center support, with the mentality and creativity tweaks, and then move him to AMC position, and choose AMC support as his role?!

His role is not important as such as we have now made our own role. he could be any role really as our instructions will overrule everything, all settings being tweaked or "fixed"

Now I have tested 10 identical games with Arsenal, with and without the tweaks.

Result:

Without tweaks: 8 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss. Goal-difference: 21-4. Chances: 119/77. CCC: 27.

With tweaks: 9 wins, 1 draw. Goal-difference: 28-2. Chances: 141/63. CCC: 28.

Conclusion: The tweaked one seems to have a enormous potensial. Keep in mind the team had alot of injuries, so not the best players in the world available. The team didnt know the tactic. I did NO talking (teamtalk, pressconference etc.)! Assistant did ALL. I did NO shouts.

PS! I have scientifically tested more or less all the latest tactics (more then 15) from this forum, and this is so far No. 1 :).

Now I have tested 10 identical games with Arsenal, with and without the tweaks.

Result:

Without tweaks: 8 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss. Goal-difference: 21-4. Chances: 119/77. CCC: 27.

With tweaks: 9 wins, 1 draw. Goal-difference: 28-2. Chances: 141/63. CCC: 28.

Conclusion: The tweaked one seems to have a enormous potensial. Keep in mind the team had alot of injuries, so not the best players in the world available. The team didnt know the tactic. I did NO talking (teamtalk, pressconference etc.)! Assistant did ALL. I did NO shouts.

PS! I have scientifically tested more or less all the latest tactics (more then 15) from this forum, and this is so far No. 1 :).

What tweaks did you make, the AMC tweaks, the attacking wigbacks and width or only some of them ?

What tweaks did you make, the AMC tweaks, the attacking wigbacks and width or only some of them ?

These:

If I was to start a save with Barca, I would enjoy it very much and the tweaks I would make to the tactic would be

- Play wider

I would also tweak the role of the AMC and give him the settings as a Central Midfielder on support but with a slightly lower mentality ( first notch of normal) and raise his creative freedom to much and give him move into channels. All in all, a mixture of a central midfielder and a TQ

- Make the AMC

Other questions:

- What do you do with personal conversation? Brag of latest games, tell a player what you think of his bad form etc...?

- Pressconference?

These:

- Play wider

- Make the AMC

Other questions:

- What do you do with personal conversation? Brag of latest games, tell a player what you think of his bad form etc...?

- Pressconference?

So far, I not have interacted with the players at all and I send my assman to talk to the press

Going to try the "Big club tweaks" in my 2nd season with Birmingham and see if they work with a lesser club as well

nice- do you still play short passing in a downpour? and on a long pitch in downpour do you lower d-line and play more direct, or would that upset the balance of the tatic?

/..../

any thoughts on this one TBH?

Sorry, I missed this question

Since I play in England where its raining most of the games, the tactics has been developed under these circumstances and the short passing has worked surprisingly good. If playing in a long field and its raining, I would drop the d-line. Also notice that just because the passing game is set to Short it does not mean that all players are on a short passing game, some players play a more direct game

UPDATE:

*Apologies if the screenshots are to the required sizes.

Current league standing:

leaguetable.png

Superb work so far TBH, I do utilise teamtalks and assistant advice quite often.

Those results are as outstanding as the size of the screenshots :D.. Try re-posting them in a smaller size.

In testing, I pay no attention to the assman, nor team talks as such. I have only used the mainstream team talk and have made no other interaction with the players so far. When I start a more long lasting save, I will pay more attention to those so crucial details

By the way, are you using the "big club tweaks" or are using the downloaded tactic as it is ?

Having good luck so far with original download. I always use shouts play narrow and retain possesion.

I suggest changing forwards to easy tackling. Just played a wild game with Reading having Torres and my left back red carded along with one of Readings midfielders all in the first half; played well without forwards on the pitch winning 4-1! Scored 3 goals with 9 men. Maybe should change to a 6-4-0 formation?

Hey there,

another great effort by you, as always :)

Regarding the "big club tweaks", do you think that it would work for Joe Cole, who is my Riot AMC ???

See no reason why he should not work there although in real life, a more explosive player would do more damage to the opposition, using his acceleration, dribbling and strength

First post updated with links to results posted by users

Archived