Ridiculous Sacking

Took over Leeds went up unbeaten as champions in my first season.

Second season - promoted a champions again.

Third season - 12th.

Fourth season - sitting in fifth place, definite possibility of CL qualification, outside chance of winning the title, just dumped Man U out of the FA Cup sixth round and am preparing for the League Cup final against Chelsea when the new board that have just taken over sack me. icon_frown.gif

Absolutely gutted. I've assembled a great young team on a shoestring budget, all the while making huge profits in the transfer market. Is there anyway to load up and do something to avoid this sacking? If I used the editor to make myself a world class manager? I really want to continue this game and not have to create a new profile.

Took over Leeds went up unbeaten as champions in my first season.

Second season - promoted a champions again.

Third season - 12th.

Fourth season - sitting in fifth place, definite possibility of CL qualification, outside chance of winning the title, just dumped Man U out of the FA Cup sixth round and am preparing for the League Cup final against Chelsea when the new board that have just taken over sack me. icon_frown.gif

Absolutely gutted. I've assembled a great young team on a shoestring budget, all the while making huge profits in the transfer market. Is there anyway to load up and do something to avoid this sacking? If I used the editor to make myself a world class manager? I really want to continue this game and not have to create a new profile.

Are you on 8.0.2? I've been at Leeds with less success than you and not been sacked.

Peter Lorimor took over on mine from an internal director position - is that the same for you, or was it an outside takeover?

I know of one real life example where something similar DIDN'T happen and the chairman regretted it. Ashby at Newcastle said his gut instinct was to get rid of the management team (despite them only being in place a couple of months) and bring his own people in, same as he does for all his business dealings. He didn't, and ended up sacking Allardyce later in the season. I know if Allardyce had been given more time he'd probably have turned it around, but it's just something that happens with some chairmen.

In your case I'd suggest it's some random attribute the AI programmed in. It's certainly not a regular occurrance.

I know you lose your rep and history, but you COULD just sign on again as a new manager of Leeds to continue your "predecessor's" good work.

On FM07, if you saved about a week before the take over, you can get different results on a reload.

Sometimes you get sacked, other times they keep you on. If you don't consider it cheating, re-load an earlier save and see if you can keep the job.

I think it depends on your success at the club and on the board taking over the club. When there was a board take over, I wasn't under threat of being sacked. Roma had a board takeover and they fired Spalleti and hired Rijkaard (sp?).

Though, still can't understand why Inter fired Mancini and hired Wenger. Mancini was doing, though trailing behind me in the league in second place, and doing well in champions league (semi-finals) they still sacked him? Anyone know why?

Well, at least he took most of the Inter backroom staff with him. Since I have some of them as favoured personnel, I hoped when I leave or get fired (probably will never happen) they'll leave with.

Purely cosmetic, I know, but it sure would fine nice icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomtuck01:

The new board wanted to bring in your their own man, simpleas that.

Its just tough luck to be honest, but not ridiculous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually the fact that this feature was implemented is ridiculous. Why would you intentionally add random game ending events is beyond me. Someone at SI needs to be smacked if you ask me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jakobx:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomtuck01:

The new board wanted to bring in your their own man, simpleas that.

Its just tough luck to be honest, but not ridiculous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually the fact that this feature was implemented is ridiculous. Why would you intentionally add random game ending events is beyond me. Someone at SI needs to be smacked if you ask me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is it ridiculous? It can and does happen IRL.

Archived