Player first team request satisfied - they demand a transfer claiming it wasn't?

I had two players with concerns over not being in the first team. Right away, I promised them both a chance, and duly played both players in 3 out of 4 (in one case) and 2 out of 3 (in the other case) of the remaining matches of the season.

Come the last day of the season, both players immediately requested transfers on the grounds that I had broken my word and not given them a chance in the first team, when quite clearly I had. I would think that playing them from the start in 75% (or 66%) of the available fixtures was enough to allay their concerns.

Bug? Brought on by the season-end triggering something early, that should have been triggered later after more matches had been played?

Or perhaps their psychic powers detected I would only drop them again come the start of the new season :p

I have also had this issue. A player who was already playing regularly for the first team announces he's unhappy and wants to talk with me. He is demanding first-team football (?!?!). I promise this, and he continues to play regularly until the end of the season (once or twice I dropped him to the bench because he was tired, I had a conversation to say that I was dropping him to save him for more important games and he responded that this was a good idea). Then at the end of season, he requests transfer for broken promise of playing first-team football. Certainly something wrong is going on here?

I had a similar thing, told my midfielder he wasn't good enough, and he would play in the reserves until he'd proven himself again. He readily agreed, and admitted he'd been playing poorly.

Instantly got a news item saying he was shocked he'd been dropped to the reserves. I told him to shut up. He was not best pleased.

Archived