Avoiding overachievement

Yesterday I started a new save with Liverpool. I'm currently in February and am on course to win the league, and well as the league cup. The only problem I have is that my club is in debt, and obviously if I win the league I will be expected to at least challenge for the title next season. My squad is still pretty weak, it literally has been a season of over-achievement... am I weird because in a way I'd rather come 2nd this season and have the luxury of having lower expectations next season while I re-build my squad? Does anyone else ever have this problem? I want to be at the club for at least 6-7 seasons, and fully expect to be able to win the league aswell as the champions league in that time. Especially as the AI is so bad in the transfer market... Man Utd currently have Christian Benitez playing upfront :D

I thought I might have the same problem with Dortmund, as I was supposed to come in 15th and avoid relegation, but instead found myself in a title challenge. "luckily" the problem has sorted itself out by only managing to get 2 points out of the past 6 matches. I'd say go for the title! it will enable you to build up a higher reputation and attract better players =). It all depends on how ambitious your board is whether they want you to challenge next season. They too might see that it was a good season of over-achieving

I've just been promoted to the BSP with Blyth Spartans in the first season. The end of season screen told me I was the most overachieving club in the BSN and that two players I signed were the signings of the season. Just about to start the BSP tonight. ThinK I'll be lucky to stay-up with all the overachievement. A transitional season is in order.

As Boreham Wood i am 4th in the BSS £130,000 in the red, next season will be a year of scaling back if we don't get promoted. Obviously the board won't see it that way, they won't notice that we get 170 fans a week and some teams get 1000. So now i have to ask my self. Scale back now? Scale back next season? Continue spending next season and go for broke? I am yet to decide.

Go for the title mate, Your players values will skyrocket and you can flog them off for a nice price and bring in someone who will do the job while also getting out of debt, I doubt the board will sack you if you don't win the title next season.

Archived