What annoys you the most?

Mine has to be,

1) Conceding late goals

2) Missing chance after chance and then the opposition team going down the other end and scoring 2 in 2 minutes.

3) Missing penalties

4) When a striker has 13 finishing+ and cant score for .... and then a striker with 4 finishing bags a hatrick

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1: when players put penaltys wide of the goal.... cant be hard to at least have the shot on target

2: players who go in a mardy for little reason. i promised a player 1st team football and he demanded a transfer 2 weeks later even though we hadnt played any games!

3: still the lack of interaction options on the game. things like suggesting a player gos out on loan are not there, also things like keep your chin up when in a bad run of form

1) Conceding late goals

2) Missing chance after chance and then the opposition team going down the other end and scoring 2 in 2 minutes.

3) Missing penalties

4) When a striker has 13 finishing+ and cant score for .... and then a striker with 4 finishing bags a hatrick

Same as you! :-D

-> Center Midfielder scoring from outside the box even though his Long Shot is 7 or 8. Meanwhile, my goalkeeper is top class.

Seriously, don't give me the "it's your tactics" ********. If anyone could score with long shot no matter what his Long Shot attribute is, why put it into the game at all? My goalkeeper should have dealt with it easily.

The feeling that I'm managing a kindergarden class, rather than a football team at times

- Player X: I cannot get along with player Y and it's affecting my game

- Get over it

- Player Z: I cannot get along with player Y and it's affecting my game

- Ok, fine, I'll get rid of player Y

- Player Z: I do not believe you

- Hm, fine, I'll list you too then

- Player Z is disappointed at being transfer listed

- Believe me now?

- Player B: I just played 2 great games after sucking for an entire season last year, I deserve a raise!

- You still have 3 years on your contract, go %^&* yourself

- Player C: I'm concerned you sold Player Y. I believe the squad needs more depth.

- Go talk to Player X. I think the remaining 20 players should be good enough.

- Player C: This is not going well, I should leave before I say something I regret.

1) offer big name players at market value and receive no bids

2) over 10% of shot hit the post (out of on target shots).

3) missing way to many penalties (50% missed) with player that has 18 for taking penalties.

4) In general, fm 2011 is the most unrealistic fm ever! Despite it has the potential to be the best, get the parameters right!

1) get offered hamsik for 7mil and unable to offer him a contract

2) liverpool winning the league in first season (im pool fan but this is soooo unrealistic (irony))

3) bought cattermole and the next day zuculini, and now no matter what i say cattermole is unhappy and wants to leave (to much competition).. seriously wtf...

Stadiums and especially the scenery around them. The idea is great for the real feel, to have real scenery around your lower league stadium, but there only seem to be 2 or 3 different scenes. And the annoying thing is, apart for the fact that there are so few: In whatever country I manage, every outside scene looks 100% british. There's a british village with shops, a river or some undefined green flat thing. Not very realistic when I'm playing in Holland, Denmark or Germany where trees and pastures are the most common surroundings of non-league grounds (no trees to be seen now, not even one). Let alone some south american, middel eastern, african or asian country. I thougt when playing the demo it might be due to the stripped down demo version, but it's the same in the full game. Seems relatively simple to me to create several outside scenes (more then 10 perhaps), in stead of this few, which are bound to clubs in certain regions. A missed chance in my eyes. An expansion pack maybe?

Stadiums pretty much the same. SI announced improvements and more diversity, but I hardly see it. When playing in, lets say, conference south (or lower) I expect grounds where only parts of the sides are terraced and the audience watches from behind the boarding mostly. Usually a small covered seater about half the width of the pitch and maybe a small stand behind a goal. But now (as in FM10, where it annoyed me already) every ground has all sides terraced full length, and when seated and/or covered over the full width of a side aswell (some with a higher stand out of sinc in the middle, exactly like in FM10). I don't see the big improvements, I honestly dont. It's FM10 stadiums made slightly more colourfull. Again a missed chance that doesn't seem that hard to score. Just some static graphics, easier than making defenders close in better I would think.

I would suggest stadiums made editable in the editor so one can adjust them to their own liking (taking account of the capacity). There's probably a handfull off different roofs and stands to choose from to build custom stadiums that look more like the real thing. Enthousiasts could build stadium-packs to be downloaded. And also several sceneries to choose from that can be linked to a club.

O, and some small ones in the graphical sphere: Where are the floodlights (or the base of them) and whay does every stadium have some sort of medieval wall around them? I've never seen such a wall (little wall - some sort of tower- little wall - tower - wall - tower - etc) in my life, let alone around a football stadium. Not even in britain..

1: when players put penaltys wide of the goal.... cant be hard to at least have the shot on target

Its easy to say that but you have to remember that for a professional footballer he is not aiming to "just get his penalty on target" he is aiming to get it around 6-12 inches inside the post so that he scores.

people complaining about the game, yet continueing to buy it year in year out x)

You hit the nail on the head Carmi88. I quite enjoy all the FM's............minor warts and all.....every complaint listed has happened in real life........

How realistic is it that the Rochdale keeper let's a ball get kicked out of hands in the 94th minute to let a minnow defeat it in the FA Cup?? How does Beckham end up in LA for third tier league? How does Potato-head Rooney find another women that would sleep with him? Strange things happen in the world of football.

You hit the nail on the head Carmi88. I quite enjoy all the FM's............minor warts and all.....every complaint listed has happened in real life........

How realistic is it that the Rochdale keeper let's a ball get kicked out of hands in the 94th minute to let a minnow defeat it in the FA Cup?? How does Beckham end up in LA for third tier league? How does Potato-head Rooney find another women that would sleep with him? Strange things happen in the world of football.

i must say your 'points' in defending SI are ridiculous. sure what you mentioned are things that are strange but did happen. but by realism we must talk about the percentages and chances of strange things happening. surely if half of real madrid is unhappy and ronaldo gets sold for 30-35 million in 9 out of 10 games, then there is a big problem. back to my point. of course these things could happen, but the chances should be very very slim. i can go on with other issues but the truth is the game is unpolished, and to defend it blindly is wrong.

My opinion is that i think FM 11 is a great game, and i really like it also and if you so much complain about it, then why do you even buy it?, it's not like they are forcing you to do it, it's by your own will you'r buying it, and i think all in the game are realistic. I see everybody has a opinion about the game et.c complains and that stuff, but still they are trying to do their best pleasing the people out with the game and sometimes they can't get everthing right but they are atleast trying as hard they can to make it the best simulator game and so they both can become succesful and rich on the game generation.

My opinion is that i think FM 11 is a great game, and i really like it also and if you so much complain about it, then why do you even buy it?, it's not like they are forcing you to do it, it's by your own will you'r buying it, and i think all in the game are realistic. I see everybody has a opinion about the game et.c complains and that stuff, but still they are trying to do their best pleasing the people out with the game and sometimes they can't get everthing right but they are atleast trying as hard they can to make it the best simulator game and so they both can become succesful and rich on the game generation.

If i was given a list of bugs pre release i wouldn't of bought it... people seem to be forgetting we cant see into the future if we could the FM would be bugless ;)

i must say your 'points' in defending SI are ridiculous. sure what you mentioned are things that are strange but did happen. but by realism we must talk about the percentages and chances of strange things happening. surely if half of real madrid is unhappy and ronaldo gets sold for 30-35 million in 9 out of 10 games, then there is a big problem. back to my point. of course these things could happen, but the chances should be very very slim. i can go on with other issues but the truth is the game is unpolished, and to defend it blindly is wrong.

My apologies Waltz.....I have not researched the statistical odds of the occurrences within everyone's save. Please disregard my generalized statement. In fact, I'm uninstalling the game and throwing it away.....you make a good point. I also apologize for my sarcasm as it has no place in these forums.

If i was given a list of bugs pre release i wouldn't of bought it... people seem to be forgetting we cant see into the future if we could the FM would be bugless ;)

Well that's why the got the bug section of reports, and also they just released a patch which fixes the most of the bugs, and they are still trying to do their best, staying up at night working on it everyday it's just like every game isen't perfect even cod mw2 was buggy, and other games aswell? ;)

and whay does every stadium have some sort of medieval wall around them? I've never seen such a wall (little wall - some sort of tower- little wall - tower - wall - tower - etc) in my life, let alone around a football stadium. Not even in britain..

If what you're talking about is what I think it is, they're terraced houses.

how is it even that man united transferlist giggsy n scholes n neville???'legends' section must be fixed...no way they are going to play in the championship!!!

p.s. 'potatohead'

:PPP

Minor - the fans bobbing up and down in the stands after a goal. It just looks so 1980s computer gaming.

Major - struggling to enter the amount I want to offer in the salary box during negotiations. Trying to find the right combination of the pull down plus the + and - keys next to the pull down to get to the number I want, and the game refusing to put the exact number I want in there.

Lets face it, the game is unrealistic and there's a reason for that... IT'S A GAME! SI have to raise the chances of big trades and player quirks, etc in the game to make it entertaining. If every player got on with everyone else and your team won every game by 5 goals everyone would complain it's too easy. And the reason injuries, transfers, etc involve you and your team instead of the others is because if it happened to every other team instead of yours, what would be the point?

As for the bugs, I feel it is very poor quality testing on SI's part. How many other games do you see with this many bugs upon release? Yes some games have patches and fixes but not this many bugs. But maybe SI don't pay for enough quality testers before the release of the game because they know we will all buy it anyway like the sheep we are because we've all drunk the SI koolaid hoping that "This year will be different, this year they will release a quality game, relatively bug free, just the right amount of difficulty and we'll all be happy". Who wants to be that person that doesn't buy it on release day because it's not worth the money only to read the forums and everyone is raving about the best game ever?

The thing that bugs me is the apparent obviousness of some of the bugs. For example, the above screenshot of the widgets. I had the same problem before 11.1.1. How can someone testing this game not have used a widget in one game, played the next game and not realized that game has not remembered which widgets were used and the positions? Surely SI have been testing games for so long that the basics should be all sorted by now and the bugs that we are encountering should be with the new features which would be forgivable. The amount of threads in the bug forum stating the media bug where a managers name is inserted instead of a players name praising a signing. It must have happened in testing as well. Maybe SI needs to sort out the quality assurance methods?

the fact that someone is actually making cash money from selling this shod.......i feel like the pet dog i have reared from a puppy for the last 15 years has just turned round and bitten my arm off.........

miles you let me down son......

people talking about how bad the game is every year yet still playing it and continuing to complain.

People who dont understand this is a forum for talking about thew game negative or positive to try and make it the best game possible each year. And then just say why do people moan when one thing were trying to do is vent our feeings and give opinions on it.

The fact that I aim at his head but shoot the wall behind me, I throw a grenade but it doesn't go off, I follow a baddie into a house with one door but when I get in there he has vanished, the vechicles segments are rubbish, the game is to Linear, online is unstable and x-factor is on tele again. Can Cheryl Cole spend the rest of her life doing the same as when she sings on stage, basically just mime! Snickers will always be marathans, Starburst's, rubbish name, Opal Fruits, get it right. Going in to the shop and asking for a quarter of rumballs and being told they aren't called rumballs anymore as they don't have any rum in them, and that they have these that are like them, but I can't have a quarter of them I can have a 100grammes though, as someone in belgium says quarters don't exist anyone!! (Que, walk out shop slamming door, throwing my to straight banana at them and not buying anything)!

Everything is in 3d, even my beer gut, Buying Christmas food early to find out the use by date is a month before bloody christmas, Katie Jordan Price, English press trying to ruin our World Cup bid, the FA putting on meaningless friendless to make money, and employing a foreign manager who bases his tactics on the crazy gang of old! Formula One isn't yet in HD, Footballers I.Q's and morales, No ugly fat people in CSI Miami, Gran Tursimo 5 is 3 years late! A Mod on these forums smacking someones wrists for not agreeing with them, some on this forum moaning that a last minute goal against there Div 2 team away to Man Utd is down to a super goalie bug and it has ruinned their lives forever. That every problem in the world to some on here, isn't caused by the banks and like, but because of the tactics you are using! Robbie Williams and myself!

Oh sorry about the rant about bug ops!

Archived