Agent bug?

Okay, so I noticed that by offering agents a larger sum of money he is more likely to accept a contract for his client with a very low pay. As a result I offered an agent 350k in stead of the 3.5k he asked for and lowered the contract offer from 15k per month to 850 per month without signing fee for his client. The agent happily accepted the contract! Now from the top of my head (this being a 2 year contract) I spend roughly the same amount of money on the initial deal and the final deal accepted, but seriously?!?! I doubt any player would accept his agent walking away with the cash, while his income has been cut 15 fold...

Once again, great idea SI! Perhaps needs some tweaking?

Perhaps needs some tweaking?

I just can see the future after that: lots of threads entitled "the agents' fees are totally unrealistic", "why pay the agents large fees without any effect on the player's decision" and so on.

by giving the agent a large sum of money you are paying for his services of convincing the player to go in YOUR team.

I just have signed Kevin Gameiro to Saint-Etienne due to the maximum fee to the agent. Otherwise I don't think he would have joined my team for 1M euro per annum while Lyon had also offered him the contract.

I just can see the future after that: lots of threads entitled "the agents' fees are totally unrealistic", "why pay the agents large fees without any effect on the player's decision" and so on.

by giving the agent a large sum of money you are paying for his services of convincing the player to go in YOUR team.

I just have signed Kevin Gameiro to Saint-Etienne due to the maximum fee to the agent. Otherwise I don't think he would have joined my team for 1M euro per annum while Lyon had also offered him the contract.

In the end though, the player still has to sign the contract. If he's taking a pay cut from £15k to £850, he's not going to sign it, no matter how much his agent tries to persuade him, he'd just sack his agent.

Archived