FM 2011 - Player Sales

Are shocking to be honest. Was just testing it out and used FMRTE to edit the stats of Joe Cole, Carragher & Dzeko.

All their attributes are 20 after editing and I continued with my saved game for a bit then I went to sell those 3 players after i brought in their replacements, Eventually Cole & Carragher both went for 5m each and I couldn't sell Dzeko for a peanut.

Surely there is something wrong with this side of transfers.

Anyone else experienced this in FM 2011 ?

the prices seem right for cole and carra

not sure about dzeko. i cant see why there wouldnt be a bit of interest in him

but just setting their stats to 20 and expecting high offers isnt going to happen. you'd need to play them for quite a few games to see the value start to climb

the prices seem right for cole and carra

not sure about dzeko. i cant see why there wouldnt be a bit of interest in him

but just setting their stats to 20 and expecting high offers isnt going to happen. you'd need to play them for quite a few games to see the value start to climb

I did, 3/4 season :)

Dzeko - 81 goals in all competitions 1st season in game

Joe Cole - 50 goals in all competitions, actually went on a free at the end of his contract.

Carragher - 17 goals in all competitions, 21 assists, available on a free, not at any club as a 33 year old

Mate, you gotta be kidding. Ofcourse it's your game and you are free to play it every way you want. But editing the game in such a way that it ain't realistic anymore (cause players all 20's aren't), and then moan about the transfers not being realistic is kind of funny. Ofcourse the game isn't going to act all realistic on it. You should receive 300-400 million for those kind of players. In other words; you ain't never gonna sell them, they are PRICELESS.

It wouldn't matter if this only happened to people that cheat their players into Greek Gods. The problem is, it happens even when you don't cheat it, the examples are just less outrageous. Try selling Messi sometime.

That said, yeah, the game probably doesn't know quite how to respond. Release Dzeko and see what happens?

He is right.

Even without the editor changing things it is extremely difficult to sell players in this version and the best you can hope for is getting clubs offering to take them on loan. It's ridiculous and needs looking at.

Don't jump on his back just because he used an editor, thats irrelevant. He is discussing something about the game in the forum, surely thats what these forums are for.

It seems that people are so precious about a little bit of criticism aimed at the game, if something is wrong then they need to be told.

It wouldn't matter if this only happened to people that cheat their players into Greek Gods. The problem is, it happens even when you don't cheat it, the examples are just less outrageous. Try selling Messi sometime.

That said, yeah, the game probably doesn't know quite how to respond. Release Dzeko and see what happens?

Didn't need to, i added a new manager as Barcelona and bought Dzeko for Barcelona :)

He is right.

Even without the editor changing things it is extremely difficult to sell players in this version and the best you can hope for is getting clubs offering to take them on loan. It's ridiculous and needs looking at.

Don't jump on his back just because he used an editor, thats irrelevant. He is discussing something about the game in the forum, surely thats what these forums are for.

It seems that people are so precious about a little bit of criticism aimed at the game, if something is wrong then they need to be told.

thanks woodphil, in FM2010 these god like players were alot easier to sell for high amounts of money, its the exact opposite for FM 2011

It's so frustrating that a bug/unrealistc game aspect which existed 2 versions ago, and was got just about right in FM10, has managed to creep its way back in again. Coupled with the ridiculous free transfers ans transfer listings this is the most shoddy transfer system in any FM game, what the hell do SI actually do in the bug testing phase?

Is it not an attempt by SI to model both the current financial crisis and the impending FIFA/UEFA financial fair play rules? While in real life Ronaldo went for £60m odd a couple of seasons ago, it's just not happening this season. Even Man City were relatively restrained, and I wouldn't be surprised if this coming January transfer window was one of the quietest in living memory. Realistically, if Liverpool sold Carragher now they'd be looking at getting £3m max for him. Cole wouldn't go for more than £4-5m.

Is it not an attempt by SI to model both the current financial crisis and the impending FIFA/UEFA financial fair play rules? While in real life Ronaldo went for £60m odd a couple of seasons ago, it's just not happening this season. Even Man City were relatively restrained, and I wouldn't be surprised if this coming January transfer window was one of the quietest in living memory. Realistically, if Liverpool sold Carragher now they'd be looking at getting £3m max for him. Cole wouldn't go for more than £4-5m.

If it is they've not done it very well - playing as Spurs and can't get rid of Hutton or Jenas for 500k. Also doesn't explain Ronaldo leaving after one season for 35 million.

Stats of 20 will not cause interest. PA will cause interest but mainly because they increase the reputation of the player.

If you want to sell someone, stick their reputation to max globally and stick them on the transfer list. I Guarantee that you someone will take notice.

Archived