Tutoring

So what is the deal with player tutors in 2011?

I have yet to have a since player able to tutor anyone else, have plenty of young players and vets that play the same position. Yet it's always greyed out saying there are no suitable players to tutor.

Anyone know why it's so restrictive now or is it just bugged?

Not sure about it, the only players I've been able to tutor are players from my under 18's, but I have a young side at the moment so that may open up in a couple of years.

Well if that's the case and you can't tutor 18+ then the MLS coaches got bent over again. lol gotta love it

if thats the case, I think its ridicules.. I have to great talens on my team, Lukaku and Christian Eriksen, but neither of them can recieve any tutoring.. not even if I drop them to my U20 team.. but another player I bought, whose the same age, but not in the first team can get all the tutoring he wants..

This was never a problem in 2010, and in my opinion it was one of the absolute best ways to get a young player to evole..

I really hope this will be changed with a patch, otherwise, training a talent is not even harder, but also I cant see how the will reach a class player potential with the stats they start with..

Here is a response from another thread on the topic:

It's probably due to the fact his reputation is of such a high level he cannot be tutored. Personally I think that's wrong and that players of a certain age no matter their ability should be able to be tutored but we're in disagreement here how this should be done. Cheers for taking the time to bring this up.

Farcical system, at least in my view.

Here is a response from another thread on the topic:

Farcical system, at least in my view.

I dont think it has anything to do with rep. Christian Eriksens Rep is only national so.. thats the lowest.. and i still cant tutor him..

I cant find any difference between the players that can be tutored and those who can't.. same language, same team (first team, res, U20) same potential.. nothing.. it seems completely random, or maybe it a bug.. i pretty anoying bug that really ruins the game for me..

Arent there any people from Sigame in this forum, that can come up with a reason or an answer??

I dont think it has anything to do with rep. Christian Eriksens Rep is only national so.. thats the lowest.. and i still cant tutor him..

The only diference i have found between players that can be tutored and those that cannot, is their level of current potential.. if its over 120-130 its not possible.. anyways, thats the only thing i have found..

I'm not sure myself, but that is a quote from one of the SI representatives, so I thought it was worth passing on.

From my experience with the game, I can't tutor any of my youngsters who are good enough for the first team, and instead, I can only tutor those players who are either really young or aren't ever going to be good enough for my first team.

As such, it really is a pathetic system because you can't tutor anyone who is worth tutoring, unless they are 16-17 and yet to develop to a decent level.

• 4 months later...

I cant find any difference between the players that can be tutored and those who can't.. same language, same team (first team, res, U20) same potential.. nothing.. it seems completely random, or maybe it a bug.. i pretty anoying bug that really ruins the game for me..

Arent there any people from Sigame in this forum, that can come up with a reason or an answer??

It is completely random...you choose two players who according to the fanbois are supposed to be compatible and the tutee still refuses....there is ZERO logic to this aspect of the game now...it looks like SI hired some amateur head shrinker and decided to create Sim Psychologist...because thats the biggest component in the game now...and theres extremely little information about how it works - its all blind stabs in the dark! And if I wanted to play Sim Psychologist I'd have bought that game! They have failed to follow Sid Meier's rules for game development - one being just because it happens in real life doesnt mean it should be in the game - its a game and games are meant to be FUN! Football Management games for the game player are about tactics, and buying, selling and developing players - they are the FUN bits - not ****ing about with some made up arbitary emotions...2011 is utter crap as far as that side of it goes...its NOT fun...it DOES NOT add anything of any interest to the majority...only the completely anal and boring are the least bit interested in that...particularly when its been so poorly implemented with zero clues as to how its supposed to work!

In 11.1 it was based on rep if you could even attempt to tutor a youngster, which was clearly a flawed concept both in common sense and how the player base saw it.

They have since fixed that, unfortunately it is correct that there is a significant amount of randomness if a youngster will agree to be tutored.

The thread below has the specific of how I actually tested it.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/258768-press-player-and-team-interaction-poll

Edit: Wow, just realized how old this thread is... who brought this back from the dead? Wish I'd noticed before posting, just looked at the last few posts.

Archived