which patch?

Hello all.

I'm completely new to this FM game. I bought a digital download from www.gamesplanet.com/uk/.

1. How do I determine which version is running?

2. which patch should I apply from the various versions? My game is called Football Manager 2008, not World Football Manager, but it's not a boxed version either.

3. If I'm on 8.0.0, can I go straight to 8.0.2?

I've tried downloading the latest version from within the game but I get an error message to the effect that a patch is available but it cant be found at the moment.

Many thanks for any help.

Trip

Hello all.

I'm completely new to this FM game. I bought a digital download from www.gamesplanet.com/uk/.

1. How do I determine which version is running?

2. which patch should I apply from the various versions? My game is called Football Manager 2008, not World Football Manager, but it's not a boxed version either.

3. If I'm on 8.0.0, can I go straight to 8.0.2?

I've tried downloading the latest version from within the game but I get an error message to the effect that a patch is available but it cant be found at the moment.

Many thanks for any help.

Trip

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

8.0.2 (Updated) for FM 2008. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

These are the options:

FM 2008 (boxed)

WSM 2008 (boxed)

WSM 2008 (digital download)

Futbol Manager (digital download)

I have FM 2008 but it's not boxed, I downloaded it from gamesplanet. The patch for the boxdd version is what I need?

steve

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Trip01:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

8.0.2 (Updated) for FM 2008. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

These are the options:

FM 2008 (boxed)

WSM 2008 (boxed)

WSM 2008 (digital download)

Futbol Manager (digital download)

I have FM 2008 but it's not boxed, I downloaded it from gamesplanet. The patch for the boxdd version is what I need?

steve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i am not sure, but you can simply trial and error.

If it is a download, it should already be updated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is possible, but I can't find a way to get the game to tell me what version it's running. How do I check this?

Thanks for your help.

steve

Options -> Game Credits -> Look under the big writing saying Football Manager 2008. That'll show version number.

SI released a boxed version of the game in Europe as FM and USA as WWSM. There are download versions.

Had a look on Gamesplanet and I see a download of FM2008 which informs me it's on 8.0.2 so I think you're already on the latest version. http://www.gamesplanet.com/UK/pc-games/buy-download-Foo...ger-2008-643-15.html look a bit below the pack shot, below the 3+ thingy, under documentation it says game version. Sorted.

Glad you're sorted. I'm a little puzzled by this release though. I wasn't aware of a UK download release. It wouldn't be the same as the boxed version as the boxed one has copy protection linked to a CD in your drive, so it's probably softwrap or something similar. In that case, just be glad there's no 8.0.3 planned as a 5th version would be a pain in the arse.

Archived