Managers Formations

Can someone tell me why A.I managers start using formations that are not even in their tactical set? I know the 4-2-4 and 5-4-1 are two formations all A.I managers can use but i've seen managers use 4-4-2 during a game when its not even on of their preferred formations.....why does this happen?

what are you basing that on? We have played 442 a few times this year and also last year. It didnt work well but you always need a 2nd tactic on hand just in case

I watch Barce all the time as they're my spanish team and yes barce play a 4-4-2 but its a 4-4-2 diamond this was a flat 4-4-2. That's not even my main point, my main point is the fact of a manager using a formation that isnt one of his PREFERRED formations in the editor. What's the point in having that if managers will use random tactics?

like i said, as he does in real life..

thread done, good work mattp6835

Haha, no worries

On that note though I see that Guardiola also has 343 set as his 'attacking formation' Is this right? Seeing as you go to loads of Barca games I thought Id ask. Ive never seen them play it, but then I rarely see them play...

Archived