I'm about to smash FM2011 into a load of shards.

:mad::mad::mad:

Bought the game, on release day. Installed fine, couldn't continue the demo but thats fine. Started a new game. Played 18 matches, then signed off.

Tried to sign on the day after, and it said it couldn't find the save. So, restarted PC. Then, the game reader won't read the disc, so it doesn't load.

I then try to load the game via the shortcuts etc and nothing works.

I come across a solution, which means having to create another shortcut on the desktop, using the .exe from a certain folder. This worked a treat. Started a new game, and played 2/3 matches and then saved the game. Rebooted the PC and loaded the game. All was fine, and thus i continued to play the game. Ended up playing 25 games into the season then I turned the PC.

Been on holiday since, and come back today to play the game, and have since lost my football manager 2011 icon again. Tried the shortcuts and the game wont load again. I've searched through all the game files, and then created a new .exe. The game now loads, but I can't find my saved games.

It's really starting to annoy me. Anyone had this problem, and got a solution that works?!?!?!?!?!

Been a massive FM player, been playing it for the last 11 or so years, but this year I'm fuming. It's sooooo :mad:

I can't find any saved games in any of my folders though. Appears I've lost them. Although I specifically checked I could load them after shutting/restarting the PC, so that I wasn't wasting time again.

There is nothing wrong with the PC. Brother bought a new one on the 1st November, windows 7, latest graphics etc (he builds them).

Doesn't sound like a problem with the game itself, but you may have a corrupt version of it. Have you been over to the bugs forum? SI monitor it pretty well, especially just after release. if it's something that's happened before they may know what to do, or might be able to confirm it's corrupt. good luck.

Heh, files on your computer are disappearing and you're blaming FM ? That's funny..

But seriously, just detail your computer specifications here and if others have the same issue maybe we can find something in common and sort it out.

Right now it seems like your PC is either restoring itself to a previous state, which some people do to avoid unwanted changes to their computer, or just infected with malware/viruses or any of that crap.

You don't seem to be compute savvy so how can you be sure that theres' nothing wrong with the PC ?

Heh, files on your computer are disappearing and you're blaming FM ? That's funny..

But seriously, just detail your computer specifications here and if others have the same issue maybe we can find something in common and sort it out.

Right now it seems like your PC is either restoring itself to a previous state, which some people do to avoid unwanted changes to their computer, or just infected with malware/viruses or any of that crap.

You don't seem to be compute savvy so how can you be sure that theres' nothing wrong with the PC ?

It's 9 days old. On the basis my brother works with computers, and it's only been hooked up to the internet for 2/3 days, and nothing has been downloading (bar browsers, and security), it's highly unlikely theres malware/adware on there.

It's 9 days old. On the basis my brother works with computers, and it's only been hooked up to the internet for 2/3 days, and nothing has been downloading (bar browsers, and security), it's highly unlikely theres malware/adware on there.

Have you any anti-virus or anti-malware programmes running (and I mean constantly)? Are you still using IE as your browser? If the answer to the two of these are yes then I'd say that theres is a far greater chance than you estimate of your computer having a virus.

Frankly it's gotten to the stage with malware in general that they can be embedded in legitimate sites (without site owner's permission or knowledge) and all you have to do is to go to the website for the virus to be activated.

But, BOOBIES (or whatever you're into yourself), man BOOBIES.

I love the way that even smut has become pc!!

Anyway OP: the chances of this being an FM fault are extremely slim, if it was this forum would be ablaze. It is very likely that the problem is related to your system or as mentioned a virus. I know its a new system, I know your brother built it, etc but everyone has to remember that the variants in systems these days is huge and there is no possible way that SI could test them all. SI will try their hardest to help though, so I'd suggest a visit to the bugs and/or tech forums.

Have you any anti-virus or anti-malware programmes running (and I mean constantly)? Are you still using IE as your browser? If the answer to the two of these are yes then I'd say that theres is a far greater chance than you estimate of your computer having a virus.

Frankly it's gotten to the stage with malware in general that they can be embedded in legitimate sites (without site owner's permission or knowledge) and all you have to do is to go to the website for the virus to be activated.

Yes, run Virus protection constantly.

No, only use Firefox and Google Chrome, I know what a bug-ridden piece of cr@p IE is.

Might be a little bit late here but will offer some advice that isnt security related.

Not all Pc problems are related to spyware/adware etc like some suggest at the 1st sight of an issue. One suggests you aren't computer savvy, I doubt he is neither.

Now, going by what you said, regarding the save games no longer there etc, this could be down to a couple of things. And to me, it seems likely that you are running the executable under different policies. For starters, if you ran the FM2011 executable as an admin 1st time round, then ran it again as a local user, you will find your save games won't be listed within the game as they will be saved to a different end user/local profile. Try running it again as both to see if this clears it up? If not, make sure you have "Read" permissions for the folder needing access for the saves.

You say your using windows 7? Have you checked the "compatiblity view" under windows explorer? When you navigate to the save game directory for FM2011, click the compatibility view tab and hopefully they should appear for you.

Also, having to create an shortcut from a location and locating it more central ie your desktop normally means you have installed the game/program on a different partition from your primary windows install. Some times doing this, you have to properley direct the shortcut to the origin of the executable within the properties tab. It can be a common error that happens between multi/extended partions - that's computers for you! Just don't mix and match how you run programs (Admin/limited) as this will mess about with your local settings/configs - hence why saved games wont appear and blah blah blah.

CD read issues can be due to your drivers, seeing that it is a new system, have you got the actuall driver for the hardware in question or have you just used the drivers that has come with windows? If it's SATA, you may find it difficult to obtain a source driver that works well other than the manufacturers.

With the other issues, do you have any Reg. tweaks installed?

To me, it sounds as if you are also using a customized installation, maybe an UI? If so, make sure the driver package is upto date.

Hope this helps.

Now, here is an important tip - You say you have only been hooked up to the internet for 2/3 days? With the windows administration tools you have running in the background, it only takes 2/3 minutes for crap to get passed on thanks to a certain network administration tool that shouldn't be Enabled for the average home user. Why are you connecting to the internet to download internet security in the first place? This should be on, before hand and thus preventing any intrusion attempts. If you have a firewall installed ( I hope you do ) check your log, and I bet you have been port scanned in a rough estimate of 10 - 20 times within the last hour - that's how easy it is for some one to connect to an open share that your providing.

I am not going to accuse, but maybe you should go the legitimate route with your software ^^

Archived