Release Day Customers

Every year I buy FM on release day, Every year i end up putting the game to one side waiting for the bugs to be ironed out. Now this isn't just with FM this is with most new games that hit the market.

Release day customers are extremely important to any game developer, they help boost initial sales, they obviously help chart ratings which in turn helps the long term success of the game. However these days us loyal customers which buy on release day end up getting frusttated with the same old bugs and problems, there seems to be no incentive in supporting the game developers and buying on release day, the smart people wait 3-4 months pay 30-50% less plus get all the nice new Patches which us loyal customers helped out with, where is the incentive on buying on release day!!

I understand coding games is very very difficult, especially one of FM complexities, but some of the bugs that slip through the net are so obvious, I just don't understand how they get missed!!

I know SI will eventually make FM11 the best in the series with updates. Every year this game improves massively and its the best in its category, Its just a shame we have to wait... Every year I get excited and buy this game as soon as it hits the shelves, however next year I will buy it from the bargain bin, unless I can be persuaded otherwise..!!

Im probably going to get flamed for opening another thread, but i felt as though I needed to share this with you guys.

Plus I would like to point out i do totally appreciate all the hard work SI put into this game, and there post release support.

Archived