Improvement in Graphics

I've always lived the idea of FM as I really like in-depth games and nothing is more in-depth than FM. The thing that annoys me though is the poor Graphics. I'm not knocking the game or anything I would just be inclined to play FM if the graphics were better and I hate having to put graphics in my game manually.

Will there ever be s time the graphics are really 'up there'? And will I always have to manually pit player pics and backgrounds in the game manually! Also, in terms of the watching your teams matches will we have be watching a 3D game?

I've always lived the idea of FM as I really like in-depth games and nothing is more in-depth than FM. The thing that annoys me though is the poor Graphics. I'm not knocking the game or anything I would just be inclined to play FM if the graphics were better and I hate having to put graphics in my game manually.

Will there ever be s time the graphics are really 'up there'? And will I always have to manually pit player pics and backgrounds in the game manually! Also, in terms of the watching your teams matches will we have be watching a 3D game?

The reason why you have to put player pics and club logos into the game is due to licensing- Spanish teams don't care if you use their logos, for example, so they're in the game. However, Premier league clubs won't even let fan blogs use their logos without sending cease and desist letters. SI has rights to some leagues as well, I believe. Personally, putting in graphics doesn't bother me much.

What do you mean by "Also, in terms of the watching your teams matches will we have be watching a 3D game?"?

The reason why you have to put player pics and club logos into the game is due to licensing- Spanish teams don't care if you use their logos, for example, so they're in the game. However, Premier league clubs won't even let fan blogs use their logos without sending cease and desist letters. SI has rights to some leagues as well, I believe. Personally, putting in graphics doesn't bother me much.

What do you mean by "Also, in terms of the watching your teams matches will we have be watching a 3D game?"?

Like something like FIFA...?

I imagine SI would be able to afford the licences if FM had the mass appeal of FIFA but it doesn't. Even as by far the most successful game of it's kind FM doesn't sell enough worldwide to have that sort of budget. The market's not big enough.

If I'm not mistaken, it's not a money issue so much as the fact that EA has exclusive licenses with the EPL and other leagues that state these leagues will not license their image rights to other game makers.

I don't particularly care about fancy cutting edge graphics, I'd just be happy with a polished version of what we have now e.g. bettr animation, no skating across grass, no running backwards while facing sideways...that sort of thing. The graphics in last years CM would be ideal; the textures were crisp and the animation fluid.

Like something like FIFA...?

I agree, FIFA Manager has a very nice 3D match engine and, in a way, I wish that FM had a similar one. Still, though, it doesn't bother me too much- many teams would have generic kits due to licensing issues, and the fact that the 3D match engine is relatively simple means that the game can run well on many more machines than FIFA Manager can.

I agree, FIFA Manager has a very nice 3D match engine and, in a way, I wish that FM had a similar one.

I don't. FIFA and FIFAM match engine are vastly different. FIFAM is too blocky for me.

IMO FM11 3D graphics are good enough. And for the pics you just need to cut and paste from the FM10 folder to FM11 folder.

Archived