Corners: too easy for defenders to score!!

If you have a good defender with high elevation and header and you set him to "disturb the keeper" during corners or set pieces he scores far too much!! Juan (Roma CB) has been reported to have scored 30 goals in a season!

Anyone tried to set them that way? Has anyone had this issue? This spoils the game, it's far too easy!

If you have a good defender with high elevation and header and you set him to "disturb the keeper" during corners or set pieces he scores far too much!! Juan (Roma CB) has been reported to have scored 30 goals in a season!

Anyone tried to set them that way? Has anyone had this issue? This spoils the game, it's far too easy!

Yup! It's a bug and it was missed...

Christopher Samba (ex-Blackburn) just scored his 4th Hattrick for me! His set pieces instructions - Challenge Gk.

So my top scorer is CB with 21 goals so far. icon_cool.gif My team is in mess - Cavani and Aguero are wondering about their future coz they are not performing nearly so well..

We want .03 patch! SORTITOUTSI

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by golfpunk:

Don't set him to challenge goalkeeper then and you will go back to having a normal game where defenders dont score 20 goals a season icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's my solution too. We all know this is a bug, so if you continue instructing your D C to disturb the keeper, that means you are cheating icon_smile.gif

There are still a few things like this that definitely need to be fixed so that everybody will enjoy the game. But I know for sure that before fixing these, SI will concentrate on adding some new "not working" features to the game for FM 09, which will result in new bugs, and also some old bugs popping up. The we will wait 6 months for a patch to fix FM 09, unfortunately it will fix about 50-70% of the bugs, and they will start working on FM2010.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Don't set him to challenge goalkeeper then and you will go back to having a normal game where defenders dont score 20 goals a season Razz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't think it's how it's supposed to be. It's likely you will do it when you absolutely need to get some points. It spoils the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GoDi:

That's like saying "Trade C.Ronaldo for Z.Muslimovic and u wont pwn anymore", it's not acceptable that u have to use bad alternative if something is working too good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by golfpunk:

You don't see many people moaning about Cristiano Ronaldo coz he's too good do you? He ain't a bug but the corner bug is one so if it bothers them change it or stop moaning. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, probably will be fantastic when playing a game with some friends someone will beat you cause he uses the cheat and you don't. Pure fun! icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by toonmad78:

Go back to 801? And should I miss hundreds of fixes? And then I can't, there are no loans limits in Conference North/South, and that's irrealistic and spoiling as well, as you can put 11 loans on the field and win all the games... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you still moaning mate? icon_rolleyes.gif

The corner cheats are lovely stuff. I have a friend who got 101 goals from Adriano in one season. (the version where you set a player with good long shots outside the box... think it was FM06... anyway.. Iraola got 49 assists or something from whipping the corners outside the area. magical icon_smile.gif

Another friend of mine had Materazzi get 69 or 59 goals, European golden boot. that was the corner cheat with 'Stand on far post'

If you don't like the corner cheat, its simple enough NOT to implement it, and if you do, you gotta remember its a game icon_smile.gif

long live bugs.

Ezequiel Garay has just finished my top scorer in my Roma game, scoring 39 throughout the season.

I checked the team stats to see how much goals I scored from corners, at 1 point I had scored 3 goals from corners but Garay already had 20+ goals by then.

About 8 of his 39 goals were penalties though

It's one bug with an easy workaround. All software released anywhere in the world (of a certain complexity at least) has bugs in it.

It's hard to imagine there isn't a thread in the bugs forum about this and that SI don't know about it so if you don't wish to change your style of play you have to live with it.

If you choose to play online games with people who are so obsessed by winning at all costs that they won't just agree beforehand to not use certain corner tactics then I guess you'll have to use them yourself as well and have totally unrealistic games.

My current game is clearly unrealistic - I don't have the English league active, but Newcastle have apparently won enough games to have finished in a European qualification place the previous season. How can SI possibly release a game with so obvious a bug in it? icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hiru:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4167/60424452cp9.jpg

Yes, maybe it's a bug. icon_confused.gif

My friend played ManUTD. In his game, Vidic scored 51 goals in 54 games. icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFFLE!

About FM06 - yes corners were bad, and Supat Rungatsame (legend) scored plenty for me from outside of box. But it wasn't SO bad as this years version, Samba getting hattrick after hattrick...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattyspurs76:

Why dont you just put yor best striker to challenge gk instead, that way he will score all the goals not the defender...t would look realistic at the end of the season with all his goals that he's scored </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pointless. If I put a striker to challenge gk I would take advantage of this bug in any case, as he would score much more than he normally should.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why dont you just put yor best striker to challenge gk instead, that way he will score all the goals not the defender...t would look realistic at the end of the season with all his goals that he's scored </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also why should we be fiddling with our tactics just so we can make the match engine produce accurate results?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sthptngomad76:

Sorry for double post- out of curiosity did this 'cheat' exist in previous patches ie 8.01? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In 8.0.1 it was too difficult - there is a fault with near-post corners being a waste of time. So in trying to correct it, SI appear to have over-compensated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sthptngomad76:

Also why should we be fiddling with our tactics just so we can make the match engine produce accurate results? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to double-post icon_wink.gif - i agree with you entirely. Unfortunately it seems most unlikely that SI are going to further tweak the patch, so we're stuck with it.

haha i was wondering why my defenders started scoring alot of corners, i put it down to them both being new signings and better than the previous 2 i had....now question is do i exploit this and make sure they are both challening gk or do i avoid it and be realistic... ooooh the moral dilemma!

perhaps i will only use it when i really want to win (but thats all the time isnt it?)

The problem is, the AI teams seem to score far too many goals AGAINST me in this way too - probably an average of one per match. So if i change my tactics to prevent my defenders from scoring so much goals i`m at a major disadvantage and will essentially be giving my opposition a 1 goal start in every game.

I`m not normally one to moan, but how the hell could the testers miss something so blatantly obvious, when i noticed it within the first hour of playing using the new patch?

surely the problem lies not just with defenders challenging gk, its also opposition defenders not marking your defenders when they come up...

challenging gk with df isnt a rare occorance irl, they dont score all the time because they get marked by another tall opposition player.

You know , i remember all those posts how 7.0.2 was hard.Not saying that it was or not.

I have yet to see any post like that about about 8.0.2.

Avoiding "corner bug" will not resolve bigger picture that '08 ME is far inferior and more flawed to any previous one.

I see defenders indeed scoring more on corners. But that hasn't necessarely a meaning: i see more goals in 8.0.2 than in 8.0.1 where there hardly whre goals. So it is normal that also defenders score. I have indeed the feeling it is a little too easy to score for defenders on corners, but things as 51 goals from a defender in one season i have never seen

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mlp071:

You know , i remember all those posts how 7.0.2 was hard.Not saying that it was or not.

I have yet to see any post like that about about 8.0.2.

Avoiding "corner bug" will not resolve bigger picture that '08 ME is far inferior and more flawed to any previous one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Afraid I can't agree. The presentation of play in the match engine is much more realistic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

Afraid I can't agree. The presentation of play in the match engine is much more realistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From your posts i see that you are not eevn playing matches on extended or full game highlights .

Care to show me how you came up to that conclusion, without watching what is AI doing in game except when scoring ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I go like this (waves arm rapidly).

Doctor: Then don't go like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but should we not "go like that" in order to help the AI defeat us? It just seems stupid that as jeeves said we shoud sabotage ourselves for the sake of the AI.

SI know about this.

There will not be an 8.0.3 (PaulC confirmed this in the LAST "OMG i score from corners" thread).

The problem WILL be fixed in FM09.

Every point here has been brought up before.

You essentially have very few choices:

1/ switch off "challenge GK" and enjoy a realistic game.

2/ leave it on and score a lot of goals.

...either way, moaning about it here isn't going to fix it - it will be fixed in 09 - there won't be an 8.0.3 for a fairly minor issue.

Before i get idiots calling me a fanboy (lol) i will happily point out that i don't like having to tweak my tactics to score less, but if i have a choice of tweak my tactics or have silly scores....it's a no-brainer. Fix it yourself, if it is not fixed in FM09 then have a moan THEN.

Can we close this thread now?

Archived