Just can't win

Am playing with Man Utd and am 10th in the league atm with the same tactics i used on FM10 (4-4-2) which won me the league every season. My cousin is also playing as Man City and is 11th in the league. Were just over half way through the season. How the fook do u win in this game? lol

I was struggling to obtain any sort of consistency at the beginning, and SWaRFeGa is correct in that you have to really put the effort in. Micro-manage; create training routines, new tactics and stay close to the players. That's the way to truly become better on FM11 :-)

just bacause you had a tactic that worked in the previous game does not automatically mean it will translate well into FM11.

more effort than before has to go into ensuring that your tactics cater for your players characteristics and abilities, and don't forget to use the match preparation tab to ensure your players are fully competant in working with your tactics.

its also worth noting that making a lot of early transfers may have a negative effect on your squad and the time it takes for them to gel could cause your performances to suffer.

Play a tactic that uses your players' strengths. If they're good a dribbling, make them dribble. An MC with good work-rate, creativity, passing would be a decent playmaker. MC with high stamina, passing, workrate would be decent box-to-box. That sort of thing is very basic for setting players up, then work out the team instructions - fluid and control is probably about right for most matches when playing and Man U/City. There's more detailed ideas in the tactics forum, though.

Am playing with Man Utd and am 10th in the league atm with the same tactics i used on FM10 (4-4-2) which won me the league every season. My cousin is also playing as Man City and is 11th in the league. Were just over half way through the season. How the fook do u win in this game? lol

So you have to work at it now instead of just setting whatever tactics that can't lose? Such a shame... pathetic

I saw your thread title and thought: this sounds familiar! I was getting really frustrated at the end of my last season as my players were behaving like geriatric neanderthals. I had a long string of loses and i've only just recovered... I put my losing streak down to bringing in a whole new team of inexperienced youths (the original team was sorely lacking in skill but still played better, go figure). So I rode it out and put my match preparation on very high blending for months on end to get them used to each other, and worked at a tactic that played to my players strengths, which probably took the most time and effort. Now I get nice news items saying that I showed people you can win with kids, and it's great to finally see the fruits of my labour!

So all in all I think you do have to put in the hard yards this year, give your players time to gel, play a team to its strengths, utilise tactics that counter your opposition and make sure to take time to set up your set pieces :)

So you have to work at it now instead of just setting whatever tactics that can't lose? Such a shame... pathetic

What a moron, he didn't say he wanted an auto win tactic, did he? He even had humour within his comment regarding the difficulty he is having with getting to grips. Why is this forum full of idiotic morons?

Anyways, Carl000 - Just do some trial and error within you tactics. Look at your match stats at the end, as well as the match analysis to see whats going wrong and whats going right. I was having an horrific time at first, some times the tactics worked and some times they never. So, after every time I had an awful result, I do very MINOR tweaks to here and there with reference to what I am being shown on screen. Just do single notches with every change, then if it fails, modify again with another single notch being adjusted. This way, I get to see the overall effectivness of each notch and not having to back track incase I felt I had gone too far with the adjustments. It's a long way around, but atleast it's better than guessing or looking for that magic number.

Hope you find your way around mate, good luck and have FUN!

Archived