Losing Mental Problem

Hiya all,

This is my first post here.

I got FM 11 the other day, in fact I waited until Steam released it and I spent too many hours on it. Now though the same thing is happening to me as it did in FM 10 and FM 09 etc.

I hate losing and whenever I lose I give up. Stupid right? Yet I don't get this game. I went with Ajax all the way until November without a lost, a few draws and then BANG. My players begin losng and losing through Nov, Dec, Jan. I got knocked off the first place and gave up. Why is it during the winter months gameplay changes and gets harder. I play a 4-1-3-2 style of attacking with a Target man, mainly De Jong or De Zeeuw.

Yet, going to back to my other problem, I can't even get a game off the ground now as I lose and throw it aside like a failure. :mad:. It's a mental problem of always wanting to be the best, yet I just don't understand tactics, is that it?

thank you

Haha if you just throw the toys out of the pram whenever you go on a bad run of form, success will be hard to come by :-P I often find that during a difficult patch of form, shifting formation, tactics and players can rectify the situation. I get really annoyed if things start going badly, so I tend to start selling players and bringing in new personnel. :-)

If you're playing a typical Ajax short passing system then during the winter months when the weather is rubbish it might be worth trying to play more direct with a more rigid shape? I assume you still have Suarez who is obviously your best player so think how you can get him in the game more often as well!

Haha if you just throw the toys out of the pram whenever you go on a bad run of form, success will be hard to come by :-P I often find that during a difficult patch of form, shifting formation, tactics and players can rectify the situation. I get really annoyed if things start going badly, so I tend to start selling players and bringing in new personnel. :-)

Yes, lol, I do throw the toys out the pram. I am a big Steam ach addict and want to get the ach's. Anyway, as for welbeck19, I try that but for the Rigid tactic. I normally play a Direct passing style with a quickest tempo and narrow, through the middle, stlye.

Archived