Crash again !!!!!!

Xcel

This has happend on 2 separate saves now. I can't go past October 12th 2010, no matter what I do. Its with a different team each time.

Every time I come to actually sit and play a save game, it does this and its always around October 12th.

Any ideas? Anyone else getting this?

SI, who do I send the crash dump to? Im so fed up now, what a waste of time and money

Well do the obvious:

- Reinstall the game (do a clean install, remove any sports interactive application)

- patch it up

- defragment your hard drive

- scan for viruses

- look at your Pc performance during FM maybe you stress the proccessor

- then send the crash report if it happens again

Well do the obvious:

- Reinstall the game (do a clean install, remove any sports interactive application)

- patch it up

- scan for viruses

Haha, this should be in SI's game install instructions !!

Well do the obvious:

- patch it up

- scan for viruses

Get out of here with that non sense. The only issue I have is that the game doesn't go past October 12th. How does a virus know to crash the game on the 12th of October for some game?

If it happened randomly and in different situations, I would say its an issue on my pc. It happens on October 12th, every time on 2 saves with different teams.

The only time it didn't happen was when in one game I went on holiday the first entire season before applying to clubs. If you start with a team or sign with a club before 12/10/10, then it crashes and gives you a crash dump. On that date every time.

This is an issue with the game, not sure why everyone isn't seeing it or why people have the same issue but see it at different times. I wasted a good 6 hours on this save only for it to crash. So ****ed off !!!

Can't touch the game now till the next patch Im guessing

Try holidaying to 11th October. Save and exit the game. Clear the cache. Remove any downloaded graphics (kits/logos/facepics/background pics etc.). Restart the game, and see if you can get past Oct 12th.

Might not work, but it's worth a shot.

Hmm. That's a good question.

You have to make sure that hidden folders and files are not hidden. You should be able to change it in Folder Options in Control Panel.

Then it should be in a folder called Appdata-Roaming-Sports Interactive.

I might be wrong, and i can't check it at the moment as i'm at work. Hopefully you'll be able to find it, or someone corrects it if i'm wrong.

I'm done at work in about 3 hours, so i can check it then.

I know....3 hours is a very long time in FM time :p

-EDIT-

You can also click the Start button, and in the search box, write %Appdata%

Should be able to find it that way as well.

Just remembered, hopefully not too late.

Customised view and things like that, will be gone after the removing the cache.

Not sure if you have to delete it or not, copy and paste the cache folder somewhere else might work as well. Not sure though.

You will probably have to set your game preferences again after clearing the cache as well.

Archived