[HElP NEEDED] FM 2011 is running very slow with 5 star performance!

Hi all,

my FM runs very slow on 2 different PC, home and laptop with the same problem:

i just select one nation and small database 5000 players, my performance star rating si 4 and half or 5,

my config is:

Intel E6400 2,14 GhZ (Dual Core)

3 Gb Ram

Windows 7

Ati Radeon HD 5600

FM Version 11.1 with no modification

Basically when i switch between a player tabs the game takes about 30 sec to load the information,

same is for talking to players, go to my last unread messages, go to my bookmark list, and so on

I only noticed that my CPU Jump to 90-100% usage in those freeze moments,

I've tried new Direct X, new Video Drivers, Gamebooster... i don't know really what to do more!

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

removing aero theme didn't helped,

in the task manager there is no other process stealing resources, the process FM.exe takes itself 98% CPU

Any other hints?

Have you tried temporarily disabling your security software or setting up exclusion rules to stop it scanning the relevant FM installation/temp folders?

Finally prolem solved, i just deleted Folder:

- C:\Users\(user)\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive

- C:\Users\(user)\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive

and everything is going smooth again!

Dunno why, but i've tested that this **** happens when i put in my bookmarks list a major number of player (more than 2000) for scouting with tools like FMRTE...

Anyone wanna test that?:p

• 3 months later...

Dunno why, but i've tested that this **** happens when i put in my bookmarks list a major number of player (more than 2000) for scouting with tools like FMRTE...

Thank you SSSSOOOOOOOOOO much, this problem has been bugging me an unbelievable amount and it's finally sorted. The amount of threads I went through and accounts I made to get an answer. You're a Godsend.

Only question is: What was in those files? Was there anything important or saved data?

Thanks SSSSSOOOOOO much again.

Blimey. Just tried this and boy does it speed up performance on my system holidaying thro unemployed even tho i didn't feel like i had a problem. Tread carefully tho. I had 'finished' my last save and am having a week off before the patch but I would probably be crying at the moment if I hadn't. It has deleted my save games and I can't vouch that it hasn't deleted other things too.

Lightning quick performance tho. Cheers.

I can't find these files that are supposed to be deleted. I have installed via steam can anyone give the relevant file locations so I can speed up my game cheers

You need to turn on hidden files and folders.

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

Then go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

My Computer

'Organize'

'Folder and Search Options'.

Then go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

I would like to know exactly what is in these folders. Does anybody know?

This worked a treat thank you i had absolute tons off fm folders in there dating back too fm06 lol i didnt know that folder even existed

I do still have one problem thou i have a brilliant graphics card but sometimes rarely my 3d match engine will freeze i dont know why.

Im thinking maybe its something too do with graphics ive added such as pitch textues and things like that or just too many player pics and club logos and things

• 1 month later...

some hidden folders are not allowed to delete...u can crush your system if you delete it.....sry for bad english

p.s.

My problem is back again...after i started one new game computer performance(stars) was back to the same...

Archived