Ok somehow i've managed to **** wayne rooney off. He now feels "Alienated" and is "Expecting to leave the club". He refuses to speak to me at all or enter into contract negotiations. I also tried selling him and no one will bid...not even for free. I'm in the 2nd season by the way not the first.

Any ideas? thanks.

Keep on playing him and praise him whenever he puts in a good performance. If you are confident in knowing how he reacts to criticism, then you can also get into his good books by demanding more of him when he plays badly. However, given your situation, i think that is a risky ploy. I'd stick to the praise approach.

Keep on playing him and praise him whenever he puts in a good performance. If you are confident in knowing how he reacts to criticism, then you can also get into his good books by demanding more of him when he plays badly. However, given your situation, i think that is a risky ploy. I'd stick to the praise approach.

I can't praise him because i can't speak to him at all. When i try to open a private chat he says 'i feel our relationship has broke down and i've not got the patience to talk to you"

I can't praise him because i can't speak to him at all. When i try to open a private chat he says 'i feel our relationship has broke down and i've not got the patience to talk to you"

You should be able to say back to him "I feel like my pen has broke down and I've not got tools to write you a check." How can a player refuse to talk to the manager? You are under contract by the club, you must do your job and that involves talking to the manager when there is a conflict. If you just 'stop talking' to me one day then I will stop paying you. Can you fine him for unprofessional behavior? That would probably alienate him further though.

I have this problem with a player of mine and it all came about because I accidently put him into the reserves instead of just making available for the reserves. I have tried entering Private Chat with him but he just won't listen so it's either put him on the transfer list or just bear with him and try and build bridges. My impatient side says get rid of him but the better side of me is gonna just bear with him and try and make amends somehow. If it was a player I was wanting rid of I wouldn't mind but it's not so I'll just have to play him, give him praise when he plays well and stick with it.

Archived