Good team to start with ?

Any ideas ? Played one full season so far with Leeds finished 7th got 3m transfer budget to get promoted year after.

Want a team who are lower league but have a bit of cash and that I can take to european glory?

Ideas ? Doesn't have to be English.....

I prefer to start with a small team that doesn't have money, just to make it a real challenge (the money will start to come in once you get in the european competitions).

I would also suggest a league with a smaller reputation, as it will be a little harder to get top players, so you're forced to work with young talent, which is fun to see them grow, and go for millions. It also means you need far less money for wages, and have an easier time to start dominating the league.

I'm thinking scandinavian, dutch, belgian, ... leagues, from as low as possible. :)

If you want to start with some cash, you can always edit it in with the editor before you start, but to me, it takes away the most fun aspect of llm: hiring crappy free players with just enough stats to pull you through. :)

League 1 sides? (Bournemouth would be good as they have just been promoted)

League 2 sides? (Any of these would be good, maybe Bradford, they have got good funds and a reasonably big club, biggest for league 2 anyway, although they always underachieve and never get promoted.)

BSP sides? (Hard work, lots of time and patience needed to get to a good level, hard challenge)

French Second Div? (Clubs are all reasonable, just need a push from a good manager)

Spanish Second Div? (Same situation as French)

These are all fun, yet reasonably hard challenges, BSP being the hardest.

Why not go for youth instead of money? I started with Mallorca, they have little money and slightly unrealistic high expectations, but they do have a nice pack of youngsters both in the A and B team. The first years will be quite a challenge though. Bad thing is the yellow card suspension bug, but that will be fixed very soon with the hotfix. Or another fun spanish squad is Betis, form the second division, played it las FM and made them very succesfull, good fun.

Archived