game crashing

Be more specific

Im also seeing a crash on October 12th 2010, everytime now. One thing you could try is holiday the first entire season, and then apply for a job. That seems to not cause the crash for me, but if I want to start right off the bat with a team it crashes on that date every time.

Be more specific

Im also seeing a crash on October 12th 2010, everytime now. One thing you could try is holiday the first entire season, and then apply for a job. That seems to not cause the crash for me, but if I want to start right off the bat with a team it crashes on that date every time.

its a thing that comes up its the same thing that comes up when theres a problem with the internet

Crashes can be caused by a variety of things.

Have a read of the sticky thread at the top of the forum for some ideas on how to solve it. I'd recommend;

- Updating DirectX

- Updating Java

- Updating Graphics card drivers

These are among the more common cause of crashes... if you've done all that you'll either need to post more details about your PC spec, or contact Customer Services.

Cheers

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Right guys without knowing your computer specs and how many leagues you are running and if you are fully patched its difficult to provide exact help so post this information first. Then have a look at the faq thread to see if anything applies to your situations. Some antivirus software, particularly avg, can cause issues with fm so if you have this installed then remove it and try something else. I had avg but once I started having problems I removed it and installed the free version of avast and havent had any issues since. You should also set it up so that when its scanning it ignores any folders that the game is using.

The way I stopped my game from crashing was to download the file: MSVCP71.DLL and put it into the folder c:\windows\system32

If you are on windows 7 64bit, you might already have the file in the folder c:\windows\SysWOW64 - If you do, just copy it and paste it into the above folder. If you don't have it, be careful where you download it from, some of those dll websites are a bit dodgy.

Hope that helps.

Right guys without knowing your computer specs and how many leagues you are running and if you are fully patched its difficult to provide exact help so post this information first. Then have a look at the faq thread to see if anything applies to your situations. Some antivirus software, particularly avg, can cause issues with fm so if you have this installed then remove it and try something else. I had avg but once I started having problems I removed it and installed the free version of avast and havent had any issues since. You should also set it up so that when its scanning it ignores any folders that the game is using.

Is avast better than AVG which is what i`ve always used?

Is avast better than AVG which is what i`ve always used?

I use Avast & have no problems at all.

I always make sure though if I'm adjusting any Avast specs, that I am not operating FM!

Archived