Just Been Offered Ronaldo, Torres, Reina & Mereiles

All in my first season in charge of Manchester United.

Very very wierd transfer AI.

Not even sure why Ronaldo would leave Real Madrid (at 31.5m pounds as was offered to me)...just stated he was unhappy at the club (despite them being in 2nd place).

Im assuming Torres and co. were offered to me by my most bitterest of rivals (makes no sense) because they are in financial trouble and didnt make the CL?!

Dont think this is very realistic though.

is this your excuse to say you cheated and put them into your Man Utd squad in the editor ?

haha he didn't cheat. :D

there's another thread like this, its a bit weird i had a scout say that tevez was available for 9.25m i ended up with a 10m offer accepted. The AI has been a bit weird so far.

I think its a bit of a step back that the AI lets someone like Ronaldo go so easily.. (in the FM2010 it was too difficult to get him!!!)

But I seem to have noticed that once a player is unhappy the AI tends to try to sell them quite easily. Also at a price that is equivalent or lower than their current estimated value.

So Ronaldo went for 31.5m to chelski because they could afford his wages probably.

I've seen Jo and Santa Cruz go for chump chips at the start of my game but I don't think thats massively unrealistic. Ronaldo going for just 31.5m and Tevez as low as £10 is worrying though. Will see if anything similar happens in my first window.

Think this is mainly in the January transfer window and near the end of the season. I have played the first transfer window a couple of times and nothing like this has happened.

Im assuming Torres and co. were offered to me by my most bitterest of rivals (makes no sense) because they are in financial trouble and didnt make the CL?!

Liverpool have a budget of 25m rising to 35m in the first season with the 11.1 patch; a debt of 37m with manageable monthly repayments of 275k (or something similar)...so i'm not sure this is the reason they would have offered you these players.

Liverpool should not ever actually offer 3 players of this calibre to United, in my opinion. The same applies to rival clubs everywhere.

I've seen Jo and Santa Cruz go for chump chips at the start of my game but I don't think thats massively unrealistic. Ronaldo going for just 31.5m and Tevez as low as £10 is worrying though. Will see if anything similar happens in my first window.

Tevez for £10? I'll take a thousand, thanks :)

(apologies for pedantry)

I'm not getting any of these offers. I wish I was. Does it only appen after the 1st jan window? I'm currently in November of my first season. Any top player I scout are too expensive.

I hope it is not tweeaked too much in future patches because it was too hard to buy players last year.

The thing with the financial trouble, they don't care who they sell to if as long as they can sell the players (finances make that possible) - It happened to me on FM10, I was Sunderland, Liverpool were relegated (after being deducted 9points for going into administration, offered me Torres for £16.5M, but they then accepted a £4M bid for him. So thats not likely to be a bug. As for the Ronaldo issue, there could be different reasons for him being unhappy at the club, and its likely that Madrid offered him to clubs because he was disrupting the harmony at the club.... (Especially since Mourinho keeps saying, nobody is irreplaceable.)

The Liverpool players to Man Utd sounds a bit weird. The other players (Tevez, Ronaldo etc..) don't really disturb me, especially since I have no hesitation in selling my star players for a lot less either. Selling Ronaldo for 40 odd million euros, while saving a million euros in wages per month is a massive 52 million to spend on the next guy, plus an increased squad harmony. Seeing as the economy is supposed to mimic real life and big purchases are rare (I am in 2012/2013 season and the highest fee paid was 25mil euros for Neymar) I'd say it's fairly easy to replace Ronaldo and improve the squad albeit with some tactical changes.

That is the most ridiculous thing ive heard.

Nobody would "sell" ronaldo because of squad harmony problems.

I think you'd be smart enough to sell those who are opposed to him rather than sell Ronaldo himself no? Especially only just when you've bought him for 80m and he is the best player in the world.

This isnt just ronaldo either.

Many other players have seen Messi, Iniesta, Dzeko etc.. etc.. etc.. all transfer listed for cut prices...because they are unhappy.

Reason for unhappiness? No clue.

The AI doesn't exactly follow irl logic. :) They sell when they need money, when they have too much wages, when someone is unhappy...

Not saying it should happen, but team building has never been the AI's strongest side. Let's hope it will improve in the next versions.

Sometimes real life logic fails and ai logic wins.

Nobody is irreplaceable. Not even C9.

There i said it ;o

Its a bug...the whole trangfer system gets messed up after 1st season. Might even see some weird stuff mid first season. I saw Anthon Van Burre sell for 7k to genk and zapata sell for 4.5m to arsenal...after 1st season/start of 2nd it gets ral bad though....totally kills the game. Id wait until a hotfix is released before starting a long term save :(((((

I hope this will be fixed in the new patch.

If they could bring the transfer realism back to FM10 version..but REDUCE the transfer prices slightly for the top players..then it would be perfect.

Maybe once in a while a player becomes unhappy..or they refuse to extend their contract because their at a small club...then it would make sense for them to be shopped around...maybe even at a lower price due to their contract being up.

But right now..its just not very realistic to see so many top names being sold for no real reason.

Archived