Timothee Atouba

I've just started my first FM2011 game, going for a bit of a challenge trying to make QPR a successful Premiership side. I have my work cut out, and I'm already a bit miffed at something that's just happened. I had approached to sign Ajax left-back Timothee Atouba, as he was listed as unneeded by Ajax and their asking price was only £200,000 (which, for a 28 year-old Cameroonian International with decent stats, is pretty good). His agent predictably told me to bugger off, and that his client had no interest in joining the R's. Unperturbed, I decided to go on a charm offensive, revealing to the media how much I admire him, and declaring my interest. Atouba responds by saying that he's unsure about whether or not to join QPR, and that I'd need to make my interest "more concrete". However, the option "Make an Offer" has now disappeared from Atouba's stats screen, and so the game won't let me make my interest more "concrete". He'd probably be out of my league in terms of wages anyway, but it is annoying for the player to basically tell me to make him an offer, and then the "Make an Offer" tab disappears! Any one had this happen to them or know of a way around it?

They did you a favour mate, hes rubbish

The left-back position is one of my "problem areas", according to my assistant, and he's a lot better than the crap that I've got. Have you had him in your team?

I'm also just generally concerned about the sudden inability to make an offer for a player. Is this something that happens a lot when a player rejects your advances? You're unable to go for him again in the future?

Sorry to bump this post, but I would like to know if anyone else has had this happen, if it's a bug, or if it is a normal consequence of having initially failed to land a player. Seems a bit daft to me, if the developers did indeed intend for this to happen.

Archived