To wwfan :)

Open a topic in tactics ? this is not a tactics issue,this is a failure of portraying realism by making a team act like a juiced up bunch of aliens,that's the only issue here.

Go on tactics forum ? for what,to learn new ways to CHEAT the ai ? (HI DIABLO STRAT) NO THANK YOU! i choose to play this game with a bit of realism and i reflect that in my strategy,the problem is the LACK of realism shown in many aspects of the game,and i am not the only one feeling that way.Now go on and warn away,i take this one on the chin ,at least i'm not pompous showing up thrashing someone else's tactics when he's obviously upset.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Open a topic in tactics ? this is not a tactics issue,this is a failure of portraying realism by making a team act like a juiced up bunch of aliens,that's the only issue here.

Go on tactics forum ? for what,to learn new ways to CHEAT the ai ? (HI DIABLO STRAT) NO THANK YOU! i choose to play this game with a bit of realism and i reflect that in my strategy,the problem is the LACK of realism shown in many aspects of the game,and i am not the only one feeling that way.Now go on and warn away,i take this one on the chin ,at least i'm not pompous showing up thrashing someone else's tactics when he's obviously upset.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bbdnx:

what a noob icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, give him a break man.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bod1035:

The problem is that it is your tactics, and wwfan kindly offered you help and all you do is moan like a little girl icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah... he is bitching really. icon_razz.gif

I would agree it were tactics,if it weren't stuff like ronaldinho scoring from 23+ metters from the goal,almost hugging the goal line against goalkeepers like casillas.I would agree it was tactics if eto'o and henry wouldn't outjump,stronger,better positioned and taller players than them.I would agree if they wouldn't have 5 players at all times capable of netting the ball from 35 metters away if they get half a metter's space.You're all dummies and pups that read the garble on tactics and eat it up or copy paste tactics,those tactics lack realism,the media comments and team talks are utter total garbage.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AlinMonawar:

I would agree it were tactics,if it weren't stuff like ronaldinho scoring from 23+ metters from the goal,almost hugging the goal line against goalkeepers like casillas.I would agree it was tactics if eto'o and henry wouldn't outjump,stronger,better positioned and taller players than them.I would agree if they wouldn't have 5 players at all times capable of netting the ball from 35 metters away if they get half a metter's space.You're all dummies and pups that read the garble on tactics and eat it up or copy paste tactics,those tactics lack realism,the media comments and team talks are utter total garbage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i can see by your responces that there is no point in trying to help you.

Goodbye

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AlinMonawar:

When did you ever make an attempt at helping ? when did anyone here ever explain anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mate- you are lettting your frustrations cloud your judgement.

In your first thread you complained about Barcelona being too good, with a lack of realism and told SI to sort it out.

You were asked by a Mod ( and respected tactical expert ) to post your problem in the Tactics Forum and he would try and help and after that you appear to have lost the plot- calling him a Barcelona fan boy from this was beyond me. There was no attempt to trash your tactic but a constructive offer of help if you cared to share the problem. Your attitude since then has been questionable to say the least.

If you want help, do as wwfan suggests. If you dont want anyone to do anything about your perceived problem then you would be well advised to let it lie before comments get out of hand.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

When did you ever make an attempt at helping ? when did anyone here ever explain anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In your first thread you complained about Barcelona being too good, with a lack of realism and told SI to sort it out.

You were asked by a Mod ( and respected tactical expert ) to post your problem in the Tactics Forum and he would try and help and after that you appear to have lost the plot- calling him a Barcelona fan boy from this was beyond me. There was no attempt to trash your tactic but a constructive offer of help if you cared to share the problem. Your attitude since then has been questionable to say the least.

If you want help, do as wwfan suggests. If you dont want anyone to do anything about your perceived problem then you would be well advised to let it lie before comments get out of hand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good Post, FrazT

So, you think FM08 stinks? Or all of them?

In FM07 (yap, I'm still playing that) I always have tough matches against Chelsea and Arsenal (I'm Leeds); and sometimes I feel bitter about how they manage to go past my strongest players.

What I also noticed is that although the tactic arrangement is set to widest, my players still get agglomerated in the middle (is like the pitch is shrinking...).

The thing that keeps me motivated is the try to 'cheat' the AI, to be able to do something that get me to my goal.

I also noted that in the vast majority of new topics, the first three replies are the ones that redirect you to a specific part of the forum. Perhaps it would be more helpful that the topic is moved there by a mod (if possible), or at least answered wit a link that area (not just the dry answer the it should be posted there for help - i mean, don't reply at all if that is all you have to say).

Searching for answers in the existing posts is also very time consuming - a usefulness rating for the topics would be handy for searches.

Like to also point out i registered long before anyone that posted in this thread,and played long before that as well,just for a fun fact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're mistaking doing something for a long time with doing something well. I registered last November but have been playing since 97/98, that doesn't mean I know anything more or less than someone who started playing in 2005 or someone who registered in 2005. icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

Like to also point out i registered long before anyone that posted in this thread,and played long before that as well,just for a fun fact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're mistaking doing something for a long time with doing something well. I registered last November but have been playing since 97/98, that doesn't mean I know anything more or less than someone who started playing in 2005 or someone who registered in 2005. icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just last November? Dude, where have you been? I assume you don't surf often... LOL! Nice for your to join though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

If you want help, do as wwfan suggests. If you dont want anyone to do anything about your perceived problem then you would be well advised to let it lie before comments get out of hand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We need more people like you. Would you marry my daughter? LOL! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bomjr:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

You're mistaking doing something for a long time with doing something well. I registered last November but have been playing since 97/98, that doesn't mean I know anything more or less than someone who started playing in 2005 or someone who registered in 2005. icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just last November? Dude, where have you been? I assume you don't surf often... LOL! Nice for your to join though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even worse than that, I have been playing for 10 years and 08 is the first ever game I have patched lol.

I very rarely go online and only signed up because I needed something to get me through work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bomjr:

Just last November? Dude, where have you been? I assume you don't surf often... LOL! Nice for your to join though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even worse than that, I have been playing for 10 years and 08 is the first ever game I have patched lol.

I very rarely go online and only signed up because I needed something to get me through work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get you through work ey? I'm at work and the forums is always the first thing I check upon... even before my own mails! LOL! Guess we have that in common.

We need more people like you. Would you marry my daughter? LOL! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suspect that my daughter is a lot older than your daughter and so , regardless of how appealing the offer is, I dont think my wife would approve. icon_wink.gif

We need more people like you. Would you marry my daughter? LOL! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suspect that my daughter is a lot older than your daughter and so , regardless of how appealing the offer is, I dont think my wife would approve. icon_wink.gif

I suspect that my daughter is a lot older than your daughter and so , regardless of how appealing the offer is, I dont think my wife would approve. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm just kidding. I don't have a daughter. And even if I did, even MY wife wouldn't approve of it LOL! I have a son as a matter of fact. Would you mind if he married your daughter? haha, I'm losing myself today.

Nice post though. Guy was bitchin so much, he sounded like a Chinese ranting in a 99cent shop.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by butts:

Considering you don't have a tactical problem it seems weird to me that you said in the other thread that you were showing players onto their strong foot icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe my english is poor but to me that would mean to try and deny the player to shoot or cross,thus should (logicly) help them from getting so many insane shots inside the goal.

I suspect that my daughter is a lot older than your daughter and so , regardless of how appealing the offer is, I dont think my wife would approve. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm just kidding. I don't have a daughter. And even if I did, even MY wife wouldn't approve of it LOL! I have a son as a matter of fact. Would you mind if he married your daughter? haha, I'm losing myself today.

Nice post though. Guy was bitchin so much, he sounded like a Chinese ranting in a 99cent shop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course i'm bitching,sick and tired of barcelona playing like aliens,i've had god knows how many games in fm 08 and it's always the same thing,they're the ONE team that plays above and beyond all other teams,i guess you don't know since most ppl here manage in england,or like lower league management,but play in spain as madrid,have to win title in 2 years or get sacked,with a team that is not yet gelled and all kinds of dubious injuries and shady ref calls (lost 12 points one season due to that,leading to losing the season and sacked),then come back and tell me how i'm a sap and my tactics suck

Wouldn't even have been a big deal if the guy replying to my initial post wouldn't walked in so smug and deducting from my 3 sentences that i am a complete failure at tactics and i should go get a manual,when i've read countless threads in the past on what x attribute does,what x slider does etc etc ,but hey wtf do i know right,i'm just a random dude crying,right...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dudeface:

http://hem.hj.se/~lsj/lsj-beard.jpg AlinMonawar do you look like this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you had any culture you'd know better than to assume i have blue eyes,look arian and with a beard,but forget about it.

Nice post though. Guy was bitchin so much, he sounded like a Chinese ranting in a 99cent shop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course i'm bitching,sick and tired of barcelona playing like aliens,i've had god knows how many games in fm 08 and it's always the same thing,they're the ONE team that plays above and beyond all other teams,i guess you don't know since most ppl here manage in england,or like lower league management,but play in spain as madrid,have to win title in 2 years or get sacked,with a team that is not yet gelled and all kinds of dubious injuries and shady ref calls (lost 12 points one season due to that,leading to losing the season and sacked),then come back and tell me how i'm a sap and my tactics suck

Wouldn't even have been a big deal if the guy replying to my initial post wouldn't walked in so smug and deducting from my 3 sentences that i am a complete failure at tactics and i should go get a manual,when i've read countless threads in the past on what x attribute does,what x slider does etc etc ,but hey wtf do i know right,i'm just a random dude crying,right... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>play as a different team then! there you go prob solved! now go and bitch somewhere else! icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dudeface:

http://hem.hj.se/~lsj/lsj-beard.jpg AlinMonawar do you look like this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you had any culture you'd know better than to assume i have blue eyes,look arian and with a beard,but forget about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>relax man...it was a joke ok?

If there is one problem with the way i play the game it would be in the media management and team talks,despite the forums threads i've read i just can't explain my team playing like total morons and wasting points by drawing against crap teams,despite how i try to keep them focused or boost their morale etc.

If you've missed their post,at least elucidate for me,showing on their strong foot,doesn't that mean it should make it harder for them to get one time shots on goal or long shots and strikes in general ? i'd like to get something constructive out of this at least.

Wouldn't even have been a big deal if the guy replying to my initial post wouldn't walked in so smug and deducting from my 3 sentences that i am a complete failure at tactics and i should go get a manual,when i've read countless threads in the past on what x attribute does,what x slider does etc etc ,but hey wtf do i know right,i'm just a random dude crying,right... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you are... Barcelona are an excelent side, so you are moaning that they win the league... He kindly offered help and I think WWfan is top and has helped me so much with my game (even though he doesn't know). It just sounds like you are bitter and can;t take losing. Or you just got dumped/divorced.

I just recently got married but thanks for the support dickface. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can think of better things to be doing as a newlywed icon_wink.gif than yapping on here about Barcelona hahaha.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by butts:

Considering you don't have a tactical problem it seems weird to me that you said in the other thread that you were showing players onto their strong foot icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe my english is poor but to me that would mean to try and deny the player to shoot or cross,thus should (logicly) help them from getting so many insane shots inside the goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Showing someone onto their strong foot would mean they can shoot with it. You need to show players onto their weaker foot so they're forced to shoot with that.

Every single incarnation of this game i have never,ever,ever ever had problems with tactics,or dominating the league and europe in general,i would go on to win 25+ years in a row the league with madrid and the champions league every 2 years or 3,and hit the ocasiaonal trebble,but in this one..it's totally stupid,and i can only assume it's the media/team talks teamed together with the unrealistic way the teams try and "crack" your tactic.

This is not realistic simply because not all teams would do this in the first place in reality,and aside from that,i play a strategy that has plenty of ways to score ,not relying on only one card..defense is strong,never been a problem,except with barca,and even those i win sometimes..i have pushed my tactics to the limit,far beyond i did in the previous games and it's still very very hard to get anything done in this game.

I simply consider the games against barca most likely losses ,maybe wins sometimes maybe draws sometimes,but i can bag a lot of points regardless of that,except the players aren't consistent and that can only be the stupid team talks and media comments,as if there wasn't enough to worry about with the tactic department..

Maybe my english is poor but to me that would mean to try and deny the player to shoot or cross,thus should (logicly) help them from getting so many insane shots inside the goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Showing someone onto their strong foot would mean they can shoot with it. You need to show players onto their weaker foot so they're forced to shoot with that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok,so that was a language problem,but my intention was the right one at least.

Showing someone onto their strong foot would mean they can shoot with it. You need to show players onto their weaker foot so they're forced to shoot with that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok,so that was a language problem,but my intention was the right one at least. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep i wasn't having a go mate was rather early when i first posted though. Showing players onto their week foot may sort out you conceding from long shots.

If you've missed their post,at least elucidate for me,showing on their strong foot,doesn't that mean it should make it harder for them to get one time shots on goal or long shots and strikes in general ? i'd like to get something constructive out of this at least. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Showing a player onto their stronger foot means you're encouraging your players to allow a right footed player to take the ball onto his right foot before shooting/passing/crossing etc. This means his shots/passes/crosses are likely to be much better than if your defenders were trying to force him onto his weaker foot.

So no, forcing a player onto their stronger foot does not make it harder for them to take shots as you suggested. In fact it does the exact opposite. You should be looking to show players onto their weaker foot, particularly wingers and strikers.

This is the kind of help you would get if you asked this question sensibly in the tactics forum, as was politely suggested to you by wwfan. No matter how good you think you are, if your struggling to beat a certain team then it's more than likely down to something you're doing wrong.

In past games you may well have won the title every year but that is what SI have changed. Now you have to work for a title... not just create one tactic and there game done.

Maybe you may not like having to work hard for a title, but it's what keeps people working. People want to be challenged. Like in real life. If you do not like it, go back to 07 and download a data update form sortitoutsi, but fm games are never going to be easy. In real life no team wins the title every year. Look at the premiership.

Sure it wasn't realistic,however it has become something of a quest for the holy graal as it stands now,which is all good and fine but working this hard to get a title in 2 years,and maybe not getting it most times is pretty dumb when it could be done so much easier in previous years to completely dominate.I like a challenge ,but the realism isn't here now,just as it wasn't here before i would say.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

If you've missed their post,at least elucidate for me,showing on their strong foot,doesn't that mean it should make it harder for them to get one time shots on goal or long shots and strikes in general ? i'd like to get something constructive out of this at least. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Showing a player onto their stronger foot means you're encouraging your players to allow a right footed player to take the ball onto his right foot before shooting/passing/crossing etc. This means his shots/passes/crosses are likely to be much better than if your defenders were trying to force him onto his weaker foot.

So no, forcing a player onto their stronger foot does not make it harder for them to take shots as you suggested. In fact it does the exact opposite. You should be looking to show players onto their weaker foot, particularly wingers and strikers.

This is the kind of help you would get if you asked this question sensibly in the tactics forum, as was politely suggested to you by wwfan. No matter how good you think you are, if your struggling to beat a certain team then it's more than likely down to something you're doing wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not that i was doing the wrong thing,it's that what i wanted to do didn't translate into the game properly,this time due to english not being as good as a native,however the problem of not being able to translate into the game what you want is something that goes on a lot of deeper levels with FM

Sure it wasn't realistic,however it has become something of a quest for the holy graal as it stands now,which is all good and fine but working this hard to get a title in 2 years,and maybe not getting it most times is pretty dumb when it could be done so much easier in previous years to completely dominate.I like a challenge ,but the realism isn't here now,just as it wasn't here before i would say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's your opinion. In my opinion the game is improving all the time and the harder it bocomes to just take over a big team and win everything the better.

If that's not for you then you have plenty of options, one of them being sell FM08 and play a different game, perhaps an older version of FM or one of the more 'arcadey' alternatives.

I just recently got married but thanks for the support dickface. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>ok look no-one will help you if your abusive. you are lucky no mods are on here otherwise you might have a yellow card for abuse. you highlight the need for mods in this forum.

Archived