Why is Celtic's stadium colour white?

The stadia in the game are not based on real life stadia, they are generic designs which use the colours set for the team in game. In game, Celtic's main background colour is white and their foreground typeface is green, and I presume this white background is the reason the stadium has that colour. You could try switching the green and white text in the editor and see what happens, but I have no idea if that would work.

• 3 months later...

Feel for you, i'm waiting for fm11 to be delivered (only buy around the last patch) but played the vanilla demo as a few teams including Celtic and it just looks plain wrong. Tried google but doesnt seem to be a solution. Maybe stadium seat colour or predominant stadium colour could be something included in future editors to solve things like this, people like the game to look cosmetically right surely it wouldnt require a huge amount of storage.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I'm wondering if this will be changed with the next FM?

It's a bugbear of mine, I'm playing a save with Tranmere and I don't like the pure white seats in the stadium (they have blue seats in real life)

If there are no plans to change it, does that mean Cardiff City's stadium will be full of red seats (even though it's blue in real life)

Also, are they any plans to have more variety with stadium designs (or a way for us to edit the layout ourselves?)

I find the really limited stadiums boring, every game seems to be played at the exact same stadium (apart from seat colours) even LMA Manager 2002 had alot of stadium variety, with plenty of different stadium designs, similar to the real life stadium designs.

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I'm wondering if this will be changed with the next FM?

It's a bugbear of mine, I'm playing a save with Tranmere and I don't like the pure white seats in the stadium (they have blue seats in real life)

If there are no plans to change it, does that mean Cardiff City's stadium will be full of red seats (even though it's blue in real life)

Also, are they any plans to have more variety with stadium designs (or a way for us to edit the layout ourselves?)

I find the really limited stadiums boring, every game seems to be played at the exact same stadium (apart from seat colours) even LMA Manager 2002 had alot of stadium variety, with plenty of different stadium designs, similar to the real life stadium designs.

I bet there are plans for SI to develop the stadia side of the game. They should provide options so that the community can make stadium packs, as I'm sure SI would have problems licensing all of the stadiums.

Ah ok.

Maybe they could add more 'fake' style stadiums? Then at least there would still be some variety.. (or maybe away to add some 'fake' individual features to stadiums? There are about 2, maybe 3, different stadium styles at Championship level on my save.. and they are all exactly the same apart from seat colour)

Or perhaps include a way for us to edit the stadiums to be more realistic ourselfs? (like the way it's possible to add logos/facepacks, for Leagues that SI don't have the licensing to include etc)

Archived