Missed Chances

This has probably been mentioned before but the chances missed this year are beyond beleif. The only way I win my games are from a rock solid defence and goals from set pieces or the odd 30 yard screamer. The problem for me is not creating chances, it's scoring them, and it's not just one on ones, I've even had 4 or 5 open goal misses. I'm Arsenal, and I've bought what I thought would be more clinical strikers but no. 5 or 6 clear cut chances misses every game. Anyone else having the same problem.

I'm in the same boat. Strikers with finishing 18-20 and composure 18-20 and yet they miss four or five clear cut chances every game. One game I created 9 CCC and the AI created zero yet i still lost 1-2.

Usually on this website, people will claim we are just bad at the game, but what more can I do? My strikers have the correct attributes and i'm creating the chances. My strikers are just constantly missing them.

I'm in the same boat. Strikers with finishing 18-20 and composure 18-20 and yet they miss four or five clear cut chances every game. One game I created 9 CCC and the AI created zero yet i still lost 1-2.

Usually on this website, people will claim we are just bad at the game, but what more can I do? My strikers have the correct attributes and i'm creating the chances. My strikers are just constantly missing them.

I don’t want to sound like im just defending the game, its just that I had the same problem as you, fiddled with my tactics and player roles and now I am scoring for fun. I knew I had the best strikers in the league (granted only BSN) but they couldn’t hit the target for beans, a few changes made and I am scored 3 a game!

What different things have you tried to get this working for you?

I have the same issue at times mate. One thing that has worked is that I lower the tempo and make them work the ball into the box. Its not always the case though.

I've said this on multiple threads now, and probably need to shutup about it, but this ME is not finished. It probably won't be till 11.3

I don’t want to sound like im just defending the game, its just that I had the same problem as you, fiddled with my tactics and player roles and now I am scoring for fun. I knew I had the best strikers in the league (granted only BSN) but they couldn’t hit the target for beans, a few changes made and I am scored 3 a game!

What different things have you tried to get this working for you?

It's ok, I don't want to sound like i'm attacking the game, becaused it's one of the few games that doesn't bore me after the first hour.

Um, as for things i've changed, i've told them to not shoot from long range, i've had them learn place shots (although one refused), and a couple of little things that I honestly can't remember. I haven't changed the tempo or anything like that so will maybe give that a try to see if they can get more time on the ball or something.

Archived