Anyone else having problems with the target man and "to head" instruction?

Hi,

Enjoying FM11 very much, but I have one slight problem. I'm trying to play very simple 4-4-2 with a tall targeman and a smaller pacy striker, but I am having huge problems to get the ball to the head of the targetman. I am playing pretty much with the default settings, but the passing is set to "more direct". I am having better results (to get the ball to the head) when I set "pump ball in to the box" shout, but I think the team is playing a tad too simple passing then. :)

Any ideas? Is the "to head" instruction a bit bugged perhaps? It can't be too hard even for a lower level team to lob the ball to the targeman. Even I can do it and I play on VERY low level. :)

Depends what troubles you are having exactly, like is your team crossing but your targetman just can't get a quality header?

I would think that is the case because 10.3 changed and made winning headers extremely hard, your player has to be essentially unmarked or it's always going to be a goal kick.

But if there is a different issue, like not crossing in the air or something that would be a surprise. Having my wide players set to winger creates a lot more deep crosses looking for a head then if I set them to wide mid. But like I said, headers were really hard to get in 10.3, don't know about 11.1.

Archived